Options

Rinker 350/360 2007+ Random Topics

Comments

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    My next step is to figure out how I can charge both the house batteries and the lithium battery for the inverter with my solar. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    @oscar1 you can also connect this inverter directly in-line with the AC power source without killing off one of the shorepower inputs like I did. 

If you do it that way, the AC input on the inverter would be the shorepower main (either port or starboard) and the AC output would be to the panel.  This way, when connected to shorepower, the inverter is just a pass-through (and a charger).  As soon as you disconnect the shorepower, the inverter would kick in instantly to provide AC power to the panel. 

I didn't want to do this because I leave most of my breakers on (charger, thruster charger, fridges, etc) and I didn't want my inverter powering those things by default.
  • Options
    oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 745 ✭✭✭
    YYZRC:

I am going to study my electrical setup in the boat to see which way is the most effect for my boat. Thx
  • Options
    GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 869 ✭✭✭
    YYZRC said:
    Adding sound deadening to the vee. Hoping to limit the clunk of the waves when at anchor overnight. 

Curious to know if the soundproofing works, just spent an annoying night listening to hull slap
  • Options
    I didn't notice any difference with respect to hull slap but I haven't gotten down low enough yet as Amazon ran out.  I need to do the compartment where the bow thruster is mounted.
  • Options
    GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 869 ✭✭✭
    I swam around to the bow today and listened to the hull slap and it's coming from the strakes at the bow. As the ripples come in they are forced up at the horizontal flat strakes which is what you hear inside the boat. I am wondering if a canvas cover deployed over the bow at anchor would stop it? Maybe someone else has an idea?
  • Options
    My new tools for polishing the boat.

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    My 2014 Rinker EC 310 with 2 X 350 Mags with B llls and 2016 Rinker EC 360 with 2 x 502 Mags with B lll X drives were absolutely perfectly matched right from Rinker. Both were super fast out of the hole (didn't really need the trim tabs) very stable and would plane beautifully at anywhere from 3100-3500 depending on the load, temperature, humidity and wind. I came across a lot of captains who had done prop mods on Rinkers, especially the 350/360 hulls and none beat the set-up that came from Rinker. At a certain point too many blades whether for air or water usage decrease performance. I think, as usual, Oscar1's information is both insightful and valid.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Michael T said:
    My 2014 Rinker EC 310 with 2 X 350 Mags with B llls and 2016 Rinker EC 360 with 2 x 502 Mags with B lll X drives were absolutely perfectly matched right from Rinker. Both were super fast out of the hole (didn't really need the trim tabs) very stable and would plane beautifully at anywhere from 3100-3500 depending on the load, temperature, humidity and wind. I came across a lot of captains who had done prop mods on Rinkers, especially the 350/360 hulls and none beat the set-up that came from Rinker. At a certain point too many blades whether for air or water usage decrease performance. I think, as usual, Oscar1's information is both insightful and valid.

Rinker was still offering the smaller engines in the 370ex at the end of its production run - so maybe they “got it right” with the combo that you bought but there are plenty of 350/360/370s out there that were not so “right” by your assessment. 

I wish I had digital throttle/shift, but I don't want for more power.
    Post edited by YYZRC on
  • Options
    Added a gas spring to the anchor locker lid. 

• Options
    Finished the steps to the vee berth 

Removed the cable TV inlet and swapped the forward shore power inlet to the sternmost position. Glassed on the back and fairing compound done. Gel in a couple weeks. 

• Options
    goalie59goalie59 Member Posts: 326 ✭✭✭
    YYZRC did you clean that anchor locker for the picture or is it always that clean. The spiders must just slide off. Ha ha. 
  • Options
    I have a washdown port in the anchor locker and I anchor out every weekend so it’s one of the cleanest parts of the boat!
  • Options
    Has anyone with a 330/340/350/360 added a drain for the “parcel shelf”? My water heater is leaking a bit at the engine loop connection and I can’t get it to stop (even after trimming the hose + new clamp). Water is trapped on the shelf - annoying to keep vacuuming it up. 

• Options
    I finally found a cover that fits nicely over the port transom breakers. Furrion brand. Got on Amazon. 

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @YYZRC my 330 shelf doesn’t have the lip on it that you have.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    aero3113 said:
    @YYZRC my 330 shelf doesn’t have the lip on it that you have.
    I wondered about that. Seems like a bad design on the 350/360 as there’s no drain!
  • Options
    Maybe drill holes in the center and corners and add drains to the bilge?
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Winter project for sure!
  • Options
    Removed the fresh water tank to add a drain to the shelf where the tanks sit. Drilled a hole and epoxied it well. 

I noticed that the fresh water hose wasn’t looking so nice. Again, this is the fresh water intake hose. You have been warned!

• Options
  • Options
    And that’s why I don’t trust drinking the water/using the ice on the boat! Between the hoses on the boat and the piping from the city side, things can get nasty!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    We don’t drink the boat water either because of the funny smell (garden hose + big plastic tank). This was a more compelling reason not to!

It was a very easy job to replace it, though. For once. 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    What’s the diameter of that hose.  Looks large in the picture.  I’ve checked most of mine over the years and not only use the ice in my drinks but also drink water out of it.  You can also run some bleach thru it once a year if you are concerned.  I do have a filter on the fill hose that is for drinking water and only 3 ft long

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If any of you ever saw the inside of a municipal water supply pipe or even a private well pipe you'd lose your sh!t. That hose @oscar1 is showing is pristine by comparison. Use a decent supply to fill the tank and either throw an RV water tank freshener or a quarter cup bleach in the tank from time to time and you could use it for surgery......
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    That’s 1.5” sanitary line @Dream_Inn

@Willhound I have toured the water intake/filtration plant here in Toronto and yes the sediment ponds are quite slimy and unappealing. They also flow millions of gallons per year and always submerged. The filler hose should be dry (albeit humid) most of the time. 

Anyway, it is what it is and it’s all new now. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    New injectors installed. Was a very easy process. Had to remove the IAC valve assembly and the spark arrestor, otherwise it was just unbolt the fuel rails (4 bolts) and pull up to remove. 

Post edited by YYZRC on
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Replaced the garbage POS ProMariner ProIsoCharge with a reliable product. Victron has a customer support team that answers emails - go figure!

Post edited by YYZRC on
  • Options
    Cable TV connector gone. 

• Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 880 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Nice patch paste job!  Looks factory.