Options

Rinker 350/360 2007+ Random Topics

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,568 mod
    I know someone on my dock that did that same thing years ago as well.  It is a great idea for someone that uses that city water connection.  I tend to fill the tank and use it up each week.  My dock hose is literally right next to my fill, so it has never been a big deal (I'm also concerned about leaving the city water on - as the first time with this boat a hose came off and it starting filling the boat with water).  But, the idea is great and I'm sure would be nice to have.  Do you need to get in the engine room to change the valve when you want to use it?

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    We also fill and use much of the tank each week. We normally spend Friday night at the marina (on city water) and venture out Saturday morning until Sunday evening (tank water). 

Yes I need to climb into the bilge to fill the tank. I could mount the ball valve under the starboard seat cushion next to the subwoofer. I could also add a high level stop valve (similar to how a toilet tank stops filling), but I’m in the bilge checking fluids before we depart anyway so for now I’m happy. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 746 ✭✭✭
    I am stock, I replaces my port starting  battery because it was losing charger to quick at anchor,  plus it was very old battery, But the new one is doing the same thing. I have a solar system charging my house battery, but I am stock finding the best way to use my existed solar system to charger the port starting battery bank too. I was told to use an isolator, DC to DC 12 volt charger or bluesea automatic charging relay, but I am know sure the best way to do it. If you have some knowledge about it,  please let me know. Thx

My solar system are 3/120 watts panels in series, plus a victron 100/30 smart charger and two rolls deep cycle agm 128 amp house bank.  
  • Options
    @oscar1 what is powered by the port battery aside from the starter? Maybe someone has an electrical schematic. The options you posted are all viable but they don’t solve the underlying problem that something is draining your battery. 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Solid afternoon. Got the new water heater installed and filtration system installed, too. Water heater was a honeymoon fit - I had to rotate it 180 degrees. I swapped the circ pimps between the two motors so now the port motor provides hot water. 

Post edited by YYZRC on
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Built a nice shelf for storing stuff above the battery bank. Just 3/4 plywood with a generous coat of Epifanes two part epoxy paint. Highly recommend this paint!

• Options
    oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 746 ✭✭✭
    It look awesome, and if want you can use the shelf to increase your house bank.  
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Inlet is mounted! Need to buff where I wet sanded and I have ordered a stainless cover to replace the grey plastic one. 

• Options
    Made a custom paper towel holder out of some spare bimini hardware. 

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice @YYZRC !!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Better known as toilet paper in your part of the world @aero3113 !
  • Options
    LoL!😂
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if it's just a down south thing...I can't find anything to have that nice clean bilge....likes it's mildewed...
  • Options
    rasbury said:
    I wonder if it's just a down south thing...I can't find anything to have that nice clean bilge....likes it's mildewed...
    Use home armor that you can buy at Home Depot.  Comes a green spray bottle and cleans any mold, in engine room or little black speckles on your non skid.  Good stuff

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will check that out!
  • Options
    edited July 2023

Going to give this a try!
    Post edited by YYZRC on
  • Options
    @YYZRC I've seen those work in action very well!  The dogs have no problem using it.

• Options
    Noticed the other day that the windshield mounting position is not consistent with the anti skid pattern on the bow. Port side overlaps the anti skid. Anyone else have this? @aero3113 ? @johnny44 ?

• Options
    johnny44johnny44 Confirm Email, Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    I will have to check this weekend. But your picture has shown me a great new place to now store my Garmin GPS cover when take it off! 
    That is what makes this site so great lol. It's the little things.
    2008 350 EC -- Greenwich Bay, Rhode Island
  • Options
    Lol @johnny44 - I have some charts under the plotter cover as well! 
  • Options
    @YYZRC I had to search through some pictures, all even in mine….. I remember this area when I clean and pretty sure it’s even all around.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I’m certain that I got a Friday afternoon special! 

Interesting that you have the bow cupholders but no domes for bow cushions. 
  • Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 881 ✭✭✭
    I know from cleaning, mine’s even all around.
  • Options
    What do the domes for the bow cushions look like @YYZRC ?
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    On my two Rinkers they were just canvas snaps (male). I removed them from the 350 and had the gelcoat repaired as I didn’t like them. 

Pic below was from before I bought the 350. 

• Options
    Ahhh, I guess they were never installed on mine.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    My plan was to have a thinner cushion made up more like @oscar1 has. Much nicer and easier to stow. 

@aero3113 the screws that held my “cupholders” in place had no sealant. Might want to check them. 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    When I resealed my windshield screws a couple of years ago, I was cleaning up and about to get down from the bow and I spotted those screws and sealed them!! 👍🏻
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    @YYZRC I took this picture for you yesterday.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    Looks perfect. Great legs!!