Options

Rinker 350/360 2007+ Random Topics

1252627282931»

Comments

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9
    @Dream_Inn that cover wouldn’t work with the snow loads here.

Proper covers here are made by Genco and are designed with a very high ridgeline to shed the snow. 
    Post edited by YYZRC on
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    aero3113 said:
    @YYZRC is that a solar panel on your shrink wrap? Trickle charger?
    Yes, I just disconnect my hardtop solar and plug that in - it keeps my Ring cam powered. 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    YYZRC said:
    @Dream_Inn that cover wouldn’t work with the snow loads here. Same issue with the Fisher that I bought for the 330. Useless in snow. Really a dust cover at best. 

Proper covers here are made by Genco and are designed with a very high ridgeline to shed the snow. 
    I will completely disagree.  I have a full PVC frame underneath and had over 40 inches (actually almost 50) of snow on it in less than a week at one time.  Not a problem at all.  The material is stamoid light.  The snow slides right off.  Hard to tell with the current picture, but the frame underneath is the most important part.  Also, with the dark cover, any bit of sunshine and it gets warm and snow melts right off of it.  The key is to definitely have the higher ridge on it, which it does, and also be tight and slick so the snow slides off.  I've had boats in the NE Ohio area right in snow belt land.  This would work there too.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Here is another pic of my buddies, same boat - same cover:

2 inch PVC straight from hardtop to the front spotlight, all kept tight enough you could bounce a quarter off of it! LOL!

FYI, I love GA Bay area.  Blue Mountain skiing is some of the best!  I never go to be up there in the summer on the world's largest fresh water beach!

• Options
    edited November 2023
    It looks beautiful and that fits exactly how my Fisher cover did. Snow collected between the bow rails and the spine. Granted, the material of the Fisher was about as slippery as 40 grit sandpaper. 

The Genco covers are designed for big snow with high ridges so the snow never gets a chance to collect. They zipper them in sections so you aren’t lugging around a 400 pound ball of canvas. 

• Options
    SimcoeRinker400SimcoeRinker400 Member Posts: 319 ✭✭✭
    I use an RV cover from Amazon.  Works well and gives me on average 5 years and can handle the snow if you have the right slope.  I did not take a picture of the boat covered this year.  I know its a light material but works well.   Here is my frame design seems to work. :smile:  Cost is $750.00 CAD.  Why because I hate seeing all that shrink wrap going straight to the dump.   
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
    2023 Seadoo Spark Trixx x 2
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SimcoeRinker400 that cover looks great. I might have to look into one….
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    echandler1971echandler1971 Member Posts: 165 ✭✭
    The Dan of Steel is put to bed for the season. She ate a little bit too much this summer, so the cover needs to be let out a little bit.
    Dan of Steel
    '05 Rinker 360 Fiesta Vee
  • Options
    oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 739 ✭✭✭
    YYZRC said:
    It’s about $1200 USD. Some people try to save the shrink wrap and reuse it but I don’t. If there is a next boat I will get a custom winter cover made. So much waste with the shrink wrap  :#
    it is very expensive item to do every year
  • Options
    I would do indoor cold storage if it was available to me but it’s not. Indoor heated would be about $4500 usd which is what I pay for the slip. 
  • Options
    YYZRC said:
    I would do indoor cold storage if it was available to me but it’s not. Indoor heated would be about $4500 usd which is what I pay for the slip. 
    it is a lot of money to have a boat in cold weather location, But who care about it because it is a big boy toy. 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    YOLO! And by the time my kids figure out they have no money for college, it will be too late :)
  • Options
    JimGuy341JimGuy341 Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
    Ice maker is out.  Should I consider servicing the duck bill valves in the vacuum pump?

2008 350 EC
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JimGuy341 said:
    Ice maker is out.  Should I consider servicing the duck bill valves in the vacuum pump?

If you thought of it, the answer is yes. Cheap insurance.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    @JimGuy341 good time to do it while it’s cold outside. It’s even less fun in the heat
  • Options
    kordokordo Member Posts: 230 ✭✭
    Yes, do it.  Mine last 3-4 years and it's no fun if they fail when you are out.  
  • Options
    YYZRC said:
    @LaRea I hope you drained your trim reservoir when you installed your new transom assemblies!

Do you have to remove the trim pump to get the reservoir out from the bracket?. Thx
  • Options
    edited January 26
    @oscar1 you either need to remove the pump from the bracket or the bracket from the boat. I think it is easiest to just remove the whole assembly. 

There are two tubes that go down into the reservoir so you can’t just remove the 4 screws and slide it out. 
  • Options
    Thx, YYZRC,
    I am going to attend to remove the reservoir to clean it, prior of filling up with new fluid. Thx
  • Options
    As much as it kills me, bottom paint is done. I did not sand so we will see how well it lasts. Two coats used the whole gallon while only painting the running surfaces when planing.

Also got the new (wider and deeper) trim tabs fitted. 

• Options
    @YYZRC why did you paint only the planing surfaces?  Is because you only care for that area as it allows you to plane?  I would think the non planing areas that are in the water would build up worse.  Maybe that doesn’t matter.

• Options
    @Dream_Inn exactly - with 800 pounds of dinghy hanging over the transom I can’t get up on plane come August as there’s a good layer of algae on the hull by that point in the season. I’m hoping the bottom paint solves that issue. 
  • Options
    edited April 24
    Got the lithium batteries mounted and wired up. 

Custom tray made out of aluminum angle and an endless ratchet strap. 

Post edited by YYZRC on
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over achiever! All nice mods...I'm still trying to have a dash again!
  • Options
    edited April 27
    Made a frugal boater’s Reverso oil change manifold setup. About $20 worth of 1/4” MIP fittings. Connects right up to the oil drains on the motors. 

Will make up a quick connect for my oil extractor and done!