Options

Exciting new APP about to release that PAYS YOU

Comments

• Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 934 ✭✭✭✭
    J3ff said:
    Watched the video. It's a pyramid scheme man. Maybe this one is just up front about what's going on but by dentition that is what it is. 
    Nope! Pyramid's are highly illegal. The reason why, is there is no product! Just money changing hands in a roundabout, and everyone gets screwed in the end. 

The product in this, is your data!  And it's not a MLM either. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Anyone that wants, send me a message and I'll give you my cell #! Nothing to hide. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    @raybo3 can call me and quiz me anything on railroad stuff. I've talked about trains here with him before 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lake_Bum. Why are you pushing this so hard? 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,564 mod
    @Handymans342 that's how pyramids work.  You have to recruit people to fill the levels below you.  The people at the top make money.  Then the pyramid collapses, and the people at the bottom lose their money.  

In this case, the pyramid recruiting scheme is a front for a coordinated data attack.  The collapse will happen when the app developers get bought out or sued by Google's lawyers.  Either way, the app will get shut down, and everybody at the bottom will lose their money.  

Good luck with that, @Lake_Bum.  Don't quit your day job! 
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lost a friend due to a MLM. He alienated many of his friends by pushing the product and of course he lost a bunch of money in the process. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    @Handymans342 that's how pyramids work.  You have to recruit people to fill the levels below you.  The people at the top make money.  Then the pyramid collapses, and the people at the bottom lose their money.  

In this case, the pyramid recruiting scheme is a front for a coordinated data attack.  The collapse will happen when the app developers get bought out or sued by Google's lawyers.  Either way, the app will get shut down, and everybody at the bottom will lose their money.  

I won't quit my day job, no worries.  I'm a railroad conductor for BNSF, and have been for over 18 years.  I absolutely guarantee you, this is not a scheme in ANY way!  This is app developers that are GENIUS by figuring this out! Your data is just that....yours!  I don't want to jeopardize my Rinker account. I have no bad intentions.  

Isn't it against the site rules to post outside links here?  I thought it was.  At this point, I'll post it here....if allowed? This is NOT a trick lol
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    I'm waiting for @Handymans342 's call. A phonecall is a really quick way to explain this. I'm going to be working in like 90 minutes,  and will be on my train all day. So my lack of response on here today, is simply because of that.  

I'm off work ALL day tomorrow.  I'm not trying to scam anyone! This thing is real. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    LaRea said:

How can you lose money if you don’t put any in??? I trust your opinion C
  • Options
    I talked to Travis on the phone. He sounded like a BOT but he is a real good guy I believe. 
  • Options
    I talked to Travis on the phone. He sounded like a BOT but he is a real good guy I believe. 
    Bwahahaha a bot?  Great, now I'm relying on Handy's sense of humor to convince everyone I'm a real person Haha. 

I'm going to post several links. 
    Mods....if that isn't allowed, please just nuke that post, not the whole thread. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options

⬆️ This one has a member (free) join link towards the top, or you can scroll down for some more information below it, and there's an affiliate join link ($9.95) as well.  SHOWmetheBenjamins is my username. 

I'm about to be on a train all day, so my lack of responses today, is because of that. I'm off work all day tomorrow.  I'm not looking to trick anyone.  This thing is REAL. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    There is a completely FREE option to join it. There's no trick to lure you into more $$$. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options

@LaRea I'm not quitting my regular job. No worries 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    @Lake_Bum My father was an engineer for the Pennsylvania Railroad back in the day. I grew up around locomotives and to this day, I still love watching them go by. My brother as well. Today he is in St Louis to watch the Union Pacific Challenger steam engine pull out and head back to California. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OgSNQOTw2U&ab_channel=SteamUP
  • Options
    Tapestri is a 100% pyramid scam.   

They claim users can participate for free.  BUT WAIT -- you can only make real money if you pay $10/month!  

The company claims to be harvesting data, selling it for big bucks, and giving users a cut of the profits.  Well then, why bother collecting payments?  Why not just have users run the app, and pay them for their contribution to this massive stream of data revenues?  

The answer is that TAPESTRI HAS NO REVENUES FROM DATA.  Location data from a handful of phones is worthless.  It's only valuable if you collect massive quantities, and apply the sort of advanced processing that Google and others have developed over the years.  Tapestri only has one revenue stream:  the pyramid structure of monthly fees.  

In addition to paying a monthly fee, your earnings (and this is a direct quote from Tapestri) "are based on your own individual effort."  In other words, you have to invest many spend hours recruiting others into the tier below you, which is what LB is doing in this thread.  That's straight out of the pyramid handbook.  
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭✭
    Reminds me of Bernie. Madoff by name, Madoff with their money. 

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    I saw similar conversations on Reddit and other platforms.  Affiliates are saying "get rich quick, not a pyramid, too good to be true!" Skeptics like me are saying "poppycock." 

If @Lake_Bum suddenly leaves here and joins the Hinckley owner's forum, you'll know I was wrong.  :D
  • Options

I'm not leaving here, because I love my Rinker @LaRea
    Your assumptions of this company are 100% incorrect. I've been in this only 2 weeks,  and I've watched the Zoom calls they do a couple times a week.  I've watched countless videos. This is not a pyramid.  You can keep saying it, but the fact of the matter is, it's not.  
    This picture was taken to simply prove to you, I'm a real guy. Not some imposter. It was taken while I was stopped, within my rules.  I spoke with @Handymans342 for like 15 minutes on the phone this morning.  You should be pretty used to his sense of humor by now, by him calling me a BOT was purely a joke. 
    This is NOT a pyramid or an MLM. It is a 2 tier, brand affiliate referral program.  You seem to be sort of angry with me, and I get the skepticism,  but this isn't shady in any way.  That's the facts. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We aren't angry man, have just seen it before. 
  • Options
    J3ff said:
    We aren't angry man, have just seen it before. 
    I have too. Plenty of them!  This one isn't the same.  I understand the skepticism,  truly.

2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Angry?  No.  I am disappointed that you fell for it.  Angry is what I'll be if other forum members lose money because of you. 

You keep falling back on the phrase "2 tier" ... but each tier is compensated based on every tier below it.  That is the very definition of a pyramid.  How can you not see that? 
  • Options
    He has dollar signs for eyes LOL
  • Options
    It is the business model. That is the payment structure. It is a network, yes. 

Because it happens to be "shaped" like a pyramid,  doesn't make it that way. 

Your location data, and everyone else here, and anyone, anywhere, your info is harvested for HUGE money to marketing firms and corporations.  
    This app, turns the tables on that. Tapestri has not hidden the fact they will sell your anonymous data. That's very transparent.  
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How have they turned the tables? Does this now block the other companies from getting my data and if so that means my apps will work less intuitively and make using my phone harder. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    You haven't answered the key question.  If the revenue comes from selling data, as the company claims, why charge a monthly fee?  

Has the company shared any proof that it has clients to buy the data?  Who exactly is buying it?  What are the company's revenues from data sales?  

And I haven't even started talking about the security implications.  

Okay, I've had my say.  If I've convinced even one person not to fall for this scam, I've made the world a slightly better place.  
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They'd have a tough time with me. My location data is always turned off. Ok, they know what cell towers I'm bouncing off, but no definite location. I even use a standalone GPS in my vehicle. I read George Orwell's 1984 in highschool. Chilling stuff. But Big Brother doesn't need to watch.We give it to them. At least the unwise do.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Squatch68Squatch68 Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
    Willhound said:
    They'd have a tough time with me. My location data is always turned off. Ok, they know what cell towers I'm bouncing off, but no definite location. I even use a standalone GPS in my vehicle. I read George Orwell's 1984 in highschool. Chilling stuff. But Big Brother doesn't need to watch.We give it to them. At least the unwise do.
    Unfortunately even turning your cellphone off doesn't prevent this anymore. There are some interesting experiments out there on YouTube by some pretty techy people. Travel around to specific locations with their phone off. Turn their phone on at the end of the day and all this data that the phone was tracking while "OFF" is immediately uploaded to the manufacturers.

They tapped into the phones wireless signals and monitored all the data that was uploaded. Interesting and scary stuff. 
This discussion has been closed.