Options

RBO Role Call

Comments

• Options
    TsquareTsquare Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
    I sure hope an influx of new posters can help the current Rinker administrators.  This site sure is difficult for an average user to fine.  It is a typical manufacture site.    Anyway, I am back and will help if needed.     
    Undercover,  Alswagg
  • Options
    frodo13056frodo13056 Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    Finally found where the old forum guys are now hanging out! Hopefully this forum becomes what the original forum was - tons of info on the original forum.
    Steve
  • Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    RBO is gone as we knew it lets give this one a chance I've seen great improvements in the past week lets bear with them it's this or facebook and you know what that's like.

Our Old Logo

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ink this site is great. Prefer that rinker is in control now so the RBO thing doesn't happen to us again. Is it easy to post docs and PDFs on this site for reference material?

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    We still need to make image shack work but your right I think we will be more stable once everyone learns to use this forum I've ask for them to post a how to navigate this forum so we know how to use it to it's full pyrotechnical.

• Options
    Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    Lots of great functionality we haven't tapped yet. Like an ongoing image gallery. Working on that. Keep the ideas coming as I'm learning along with you guys.
  • Options
    It's Derby Time in Louisville Kentucky

• Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    Wow,  things are really looking good here.   Thanks Steve.   It's also great to see a lot of familiar names.   Keep up the great work guys! 

Mark 
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options
    We're going to give it a try Mark glad to see you.
                                                    Boomer

• Options
    Boomer, 

I'll direct as many other Rinker owners here as I can. It looks like we're in good hands again. 

Mark
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need to get Al on here!!!
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I'm sure Al will be here at some point soon. 

Mark
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options
    He is but under another name he's just looking around not sold on the site yet

• Options
    onebadRinkeronebadRinker Member Posts: 5
    I tried to join RBO but was unable to do so because of some glitches that were going on, I'm here now and hope to see this site pick up some steam like my other favorite site offshoreonly.  I would love to see a marketplace or classifides section as well.  hope to talk to all of you in the future
  • Options
    golfdoggolfdog Member Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
    Golfdog here. I guess I joined this site a while back, I tried to sign up and was already a member. Going to give this site a try, just to bad we lost everything from RBO. There was just so much useful information.
    Not sure if Al will join us, I don't think he's real happy with Rinker management.
    Jerry
  • Options
    boattech01boattech01 Member Posts: 361 ✭✭✭

Hey all Tj from rbo

• Options
    pepmysterpepmyster Member Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    Back again with a vengeance!! Glad to see the gang again, really missed it!

All I've wanted was to just have fun.

• Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Present!  Looks like an ok place to start. Thanks to those who are trying to keep the ball rolling on this!

Brian
  • Options
    kneedeepkneedeep Member Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    Hello All, I was an RBO member. I did a lot of reading but never posted. I miss the old site with all the info, but this seems to be shaping up. I just finished getting the dock floats back in the water & now it's time to get the boat ready. Both drives are at the shop trying to track down fluid loss. One just a bit, the other a pretty good amount. I'll be talking to the tech tomorrow to see what's up. I'm glad to have my nightly reading back!
  • Options
    nick92675nick92675 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    yep - over here from the RBO - just got out to the boat for the first time this season today!
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least something is moving forward with RBO!  I'm baaaaack!  :)

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    nick92675nick92675 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Another suggestion - if we can't get the old RBO site up - it'd be nice to point the domain name to this site.  This is a pretty easy task for whoever controls the DNS.  (Currently listed as Russ Shand)    That would help start directing the old regulars over to this site, and probably speed up building up the content and user base.   The other option is someone else purchasing it (Rinker?) when it expires and doing the same then.  (Currently set to expire Sept 30, 2013)
  • Options
    Hey nick...we've already set up forwarding on rinkerboatowners.net...was there another domain you guys used before? 
  • Options
    onebadrinker...I'll check out the marketplace/classifieds over at offshoreonly and some others. Good idea.
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    TikiHut checking in after 6mths. Seems to be a whole different experience here than last fall. Sad for the loss of so much work at RBO but gotta look forward to less spam and disappointing gaps. Now to figure it out. Pics 1st. Links or IMG code? lets try pasting a link...Not. Maybe IMG code. Not. maybe just hit "insert image" and choose "direct"  in imageshack and pasting that in the pop up. Shazaam.
    Mike

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    Hey Tiki...you should see a link at the lower-left corner below the text box where you type posts..."Attach A File"...it's a snap to upload pics there. Welcome aboard!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Here's a resize from my pictures file for a test. And yes it works. Thanks. Very easy. 

Embedded in the text is a little different but it'll come to me. Thanks for your effort in refurbishing this site. It's far better than I'd found last Fall. I just have to remember that I only have 60min to edit or take back anything I say in a post. With my borderline tourette's mixed with rum it happens too often so I apologize in advance.

Mike
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
  • Options
    admin said:
    Hey nick...we've already set up forwarding on rinkerboatowners.net...was there another domain you guys used before? 

It was rinkerboatowners.com

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options

admin said:
    Microsoft Internet Explorer
    Use the following keyboard shortcuts to clear the browser's cache.
    Ctrl-F5

Tried that still slow.  Typed this text in 5 seconds, took 20 seconds to show up one character at a time.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Just cleared the cache on my Chrome browser following the tips above and it helped a lot but still a bit sluggish compared to other forums. Maybe a fresh re-start after a cache clear?