Options

RBO Role Call

Comments

• Options
    Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    Yep...sorry guys...we've got the developers working on that issue AGAIN. I am already seeing things moving faster as I'm typing this. Maybe they've latched on the problem. I agree it's maddening to wait for typed words to show up. Welcome to 1994!
  • Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    TikiHut2 said:
    Here's a resize from my pictures file for a test. And yes it works. Thanks. Very easy. 

Embedded in the text is a little different but it'll come to me. Thanks for your effort in refurbishing this site. It's far better than I'd found last Fall. I just have to remember that I only have 60min to edit or take back anything I say in a post. With my borderline tourette's mixed with rum it happens too often so I apologize in advance.

Mike
    I know what your saying I liked image shack to post this works pretty well I work a sports board that has the insert image but this one is different. The attach file works well then you can click and it will enlarge. Glad you came over lets make this work we have a lot more support here than we had before.

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    She CaptainShe Captain Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    So glad to see that things are starting to pick up here. I sure miss the RBO forum and I just wanted to thank all of the folks out there who have been trying so hard to keep it together.  Hope this site takes off and keeps us all linked together.
    Happy Cruising!
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Yep...sorry guys...we've got the developers working on that issue AGAIN. I am already seeing things moving faster as I'm typing this. Maybe they've latched on the problem. I agree it's maddening to wait for typed words to show up. Welcome to 1994!
    So on my ipad the typing is fine. I did notice one thing in Internet explorer. As I typed my message a side message popped up saying "draft saved" or "draft uploaded". After that I wasn't suprised at how slow the typing was if it is uploading as you type. Need to take off this feature. Should be type and upload the entire message at once. If the comms cut off well that's life, you lose your message and start over again.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Okay guys...I turned off Automatic Draft Save...let's see if that speeds things up. Let me know.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    ok, let's see, right now it is still slow typing this as well.  It was a bit quicker the other day for a little bit.  wow, it actually seems maybe even slower than before.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Hmmm...definitely seems to be keeping up fine on this side of the fence today. Maybe another cache clear? 
  • Options

Still slow.  What other features are on?

If I go to my iPad it is fast????

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    The iPad different likely points to some sort of Flash issue. I'll put it in front of the developers...maybe that's the clue they need. Thanks!
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When this site is open it actually reads as a major resource hog on my W7 laptop. Close it and all memory readings return to minimal numbers. Still slow typing in Chrome for me too but my boss is outta town so I got time ;)

Growing pains are nothing compared to what we've been through over the last 6mths. Glad to have somebody hitting the problem. Thanks.
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    nick92675nick92675 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Did some investigation into the slow form by peeking at the source code. This is actually using a jquery plugin called cleditor http://premiumsoftware.net/cleditor/ that gives you the fancy font styling, and emoticons and so on. It relies heavily on javascript which runs on your local computer, not the web server. So, if you have a slower computer with a bunch of other tasks running, your computer may not be able to keep up - while at the exact same time another user may have no issues with it. What you can do is disable javascript, which will show the unstyled - old school form without the bells and whistles, and your post should go in lightning fast. (I'm writing this w/no JS enabled) Generally speaking, javascript is useful though - so you may want to only disable for this site if you find it frequent and annoying. But before doing that, perhaps fire up task manager or activity monitor to see if you have something else on your system slowing your computer down in the background. Most likely your computer is fighting for resources and it can't get to all the things you're asking it to do fast enough.
  • Options
    BruceBruce Member Posts: 167 ✭✭
    I'm here. I'm new to all of this, just picked up our 2004 250FV the first week of April. Boating in Missouri and Kansas.
    2004 250 FV 
  • Options
    Thanks nick....the developers also found a possible issue in the theming, so they will work on that as well. Good suggestions.
  • Options
    Bruce said:
    I'm here. I'm new to all of this, just picked up our 2004 250FV the first week of April. Boating in Missouri and Kansas.

• Options
    cmscms Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Ah, that's better.....found it....
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Unusable slow input and typing so I went with Nicks advice above and blocked javascript in my Chrome browser settings>privacy>content settings>manage settings by adding rinkerboats.vanillaforums.com in the popup and chose "block" JS on this site only. Types as fast as anything now but we'll see if I can still embed pics or add links....

errk..that didn't work. I had to turn it back on to even edit my post....

Would there be a preferred browser and settings or will I have to give my 3y/o laptop a lobotomy? Hope your IT guys can sort out the challenges. Maybe this discussion and eventual solution should be moved to its own thread too? Thanks, Mike
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    edited April 2013

Weird, no issues here whatsoever.  I'm running IE 9 on a Windows Vista box.  Nice'n speedy.  It is a quad-core box with a boat-load of memory for video editing.

Oh, and no issues on my Galaxy S3 Android phone either.

Mark

Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    cms said:
    Ah, that's better.....found it....

Good to see you, Cory!  Welcome home.

Mark

Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options
    How do I block JS on IE8?

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After waiting a while, I finally made my way over.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    How do I block JS on IE8?
    Wait until the end of the week and you may not have to

• Options
    bat32bat32 Member Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    I'm here.  Checked here after the last shut down but no one was acitve.  Glad to find eveyone again.......... Do yo think they are going to set up regions again?????  

• Options
    ruwallydogruwallydog Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    Here! Sorry...better late than never.  Great to ser everyone again!!
  • Options
    Hey bat32...you should see regions under Categories...let me know if we missed something.
  • Options
    Welcome ruwallydog

• Options
    edited May 2013

So, this particular thread is very slow with the typing. Other threads are quick. How does that work?

Also I tried posting and a message popped up saying something about a Guru error, then it kicked me out.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options

So, this particular thread is very slow with the typing. Other threads are quick. How does that work?

Also I tried posting and a message popped up saying something about a Guru error, then it kicked me out.

Read at the top of the page this is to be corrected by the end of the day Thursday It's only in Chrome for the slow type I moved to Firefox and typing and posting are fine we're going to post a few how to's in the very very near future in the mean time look over this http://www.wikihow.com/Manage-Threads-in-Vanilla-Forums

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    I have finally made it here. Actually had an account here for a while. I have been working many hours lately but plan on being more active very soon. Thanks for looking for me....LOL
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bat32 said:
    I'm here.  Checked here after the last shut down but no one was acitve.  Glad to find eveyone again.......... Do yo think they are going to set up regions again?????  
    Look to the left then down they are setup click on United States
    Post edited by Babyboomer on

• Options
    MIKES342MIKES342 Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭

Im Here,  Mikes 342 even though I have moved down to a 2013 260 from my 06 342, I also had a 03 270.  I have plenty of knowlede of all three Rinkers.

Mikes 342