Options

cuba

13»

Comments

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uhhh, if you can't technically go to Cuba, how can you bring anything back?

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can go under humaitarian, medical, visit relatives, etc. but you cannot go the beaches. You were not allowed to buy anything or bring Cuban goods back though.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Be nice to get some Cuban cigars. Finest there are.
    Drive over to Windsor BD.  They sell Cuban cigars there.  When we boat across the border I normally take advantage and have one there.  You can't bring them back of course.  When we went to the Dominican in 07 I brought some Dominican cigars back.  The customs guy said I could bring as many of those home as I wanted.  It was just the Cuban cigars they didn't allow.  I did have some nice cigars in St. Martin, but don't recall the brand.  I assumed they were local.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    My wife did a semester at sea while we were dating. She went to 13 different countries and the last stop was Cuba. Fidel had all of the students over to one of his mansions and held a lecture for them that lasted 3 hours. He also threw a party afterwards! Best part was my wife brought me back a box of Montecristo Cigars!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done the Windsor trip many times, used to live right by there so we'd made beer trips in my younger days (better beer and higher alcohol at the time)  lol  Just don't get caught bringing the Cubans back is right.  The Windsor ballet used to be good too.  >:)

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI