Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    Forgot 4th pic...
    LG2.png 556.8K
  • Options
    sfgenosfgeno Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Here's our dock at Harrison Twp, MI.
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    Some really awesome pictures everyone. Keep up the good work.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    UtahEdUtahEd Member Posts: 7
    No photo, but here's a webcam of mine:  Lucerne Marina on Lake Flaming Gorge, Utah/Wyoming.

http://www.flaminggorgewebcams.com/marina.html

• Options
    nhsdnhsd Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    nhsd said:
    Here is a picture of my marina floating down the Allegheny River during the floods the day after Hurricane Ivan hit the Pittsburgh area. I found my boat 14 river miles away after it crossed the Emsworth Dam on the Ohio River.
    I was checking to see if my old boat was in that picture. It made it almost all the way to Wheeling (over several locks & dams) before washing up on shore. Good to have insurance
    :(
    What boat was yours? This is from the old Allegheny Marina in Pittsburgh. Mine is the blue 232cc in the picture. That marina used to be the Rinker dealer in town so there were a lot of Rinker's that went down that year.

None of those were mine - I was just checking. Mine was at Washington's Landing. The interesting part is I had just recently bought the boat and it included the rest of the season at Wasington's Landing, so I left it there, intending to bring it home at the end of the season. I had only taken it out twice. When it ended up down near Wheeling along some remote wooded shoreline, some guy saw it and checked the registration numbers on the side and reported it to the WV state police. They in turn reported it to the PA police who notified the prior owners since the transaction was so new the registration change had not yet been recorded by the Fish and Boat Commission. The prior owners got the joy of telling me that I had destroyed "their" boat...

The good news was it was just a little 10 year old 18 foot cuddie and insurance paid up fairly quickly for the total loss.

Dave

2002 Captiva 212, 5.0 220 hp, Alpha 1, 1.62 gears

Moon Township, PA - boating in the Ohio River

• Options
    clarkbarclarkbar Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Engine 1 finally in her summer spot, now bring on summer!!
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Wantagh Park, Wantagh N.Y. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Post edited by aero3113 on
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    aero sweet looking picture......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Thanks, Just need the weather to warm up so we can enjoy it!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is Google Maps photo of the marina that I am at now. It was taken sometime last summer. Got to love Google!
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

A better picture: Yacht basin marin, Holland, MI

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Hey BoatAway sweet pic............
  • Options
    rus1499rus1499 Member Posts: 1
    Sugar Loaf Marina, Port Colborne, Ont.
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoatAway said:

Cableguy's picture is shocking! How many boats survive something like that? I guess at least there's always new scenery.

Out of that group, about 7 survived. All but one of the 7 were runabouts. The cruisers got their arches and windshields taken off by a low railroad bridge that they all went under. I got lucky when a group of 3 ended up together. Mine was in the middle of the three and only had minor cosmetic damage.

That is a cool pic with the Pentagon in the background!
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2013

I am trying my best to figure out how to post a photo.  I have my images in photobucket and there are 4 types of  links there.  None seem to work.

Tony

Salt Shaker 342

• Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Maybe this is all I need to do.

Home Dock photo 2013_05_27SaltShakerathomedock_zps6468988f.jpg

Unbelievable.  All I had to do was copy and paste.  That is the Salt Shaker off of the lift and at the dock.  The boat on the other lift is Anna's Wake.  Belongs to my admiral.  She has had it for about 11 years.  A 185 Scout.  It also is a fine boat.

This is Palmetto, FL just south of Tampa.

Tony
    Salt Shaker 342

Post edited by TonyWalker on
  • Options
    Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    Excellent...glad you got it figured out...two nice boats!
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello All, I didn't post a picture but I have a link to the marina I will be at this summer. If you have heard of the 1000 Islands area - actually there are 1,800 islands - (St.Lawrence River that borders the U.S.A. and Canada) go to this website and have a look. The boating is superb (a thouisand miles with no locks), the fishing is beyond belief and the beers on both sides of the river are cold! www.thelandingativylea.com All the best! MT
  • Options
    Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    sfgeno said:
    Here's our dock at Harrison Twp, MI.
    Hey sfgeno...looks like we may be doing a photoshoot out of Hideaway at the end of August. May need you to round up all your good-lookin' friends and drive some boats for us!
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭
    IIsland Cove Marina in Harrison Twp, MI

Our view of the lake
    View Original Image

And Capt_Steve please post up the details of the shoot, I bought my 276 CC from Hideaway and it's always great to see the new stuff. :)
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    bat32bat32 Member Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

Marina Shoresimage

• Options
    gslprogslpro Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    JTKZ13,
       I don't know if I have ever seen a marina with every boat bow-in.  Is this a rule there?  I am used to people stern-in so there bow is hanging out in the air, longer than their dock.  Just curious.
    Gary and Diane
    290 FV Nauti Bonnie
  • Options
    OldDogNewTrixOldDogNewTrix Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    And how do they all board their boats?
    Wayne '09 340 EC
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Its not a rule, but due to low water levels its pretty much mandatory. I'm sure it would be possible to back in for quite a few people, but probably not worth churning up the bottom.

My dock is 30' from the seawall and my LOA is 29', so my swim platform sticks out almost 2' past the end. I have just enough space to step from the corner of the dock to the swim platform so I dont have to walk on cushions.

All of the docks at my marine are floating, so most people with lower freeboard do it like I do. The taller cruisers  that stick out past the dock get a set of permanently installed wooden steps to step onto the gunwale.

The manager said if I wanted to stern in that it'd be smartest to get it halfway in and then shut it down and walk it back. Plus, my view of the lake is pretty nice, so I would rather look at the view instead of a metal seawall. :)
  • Options
    Just wondering with a low water problem what kind of money do they charge to keep your boat there compared to other marina's????
  • Options
    Its not just the marina, but the entire lake is at near record low levels.

Plus, its not just the water level. They are floating docks, so there is a gradual decline "ramp" down the actual horizontal dock. So, if you sterned in you wouldnt be able to step onto the swim platform anyways.

If the water was 2-3 higher (which is was when the marina was built), then alot more people may stern in.

This shows what I mean:
    View Original Image

View Original Image
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geez J13, I'd have to watch the margaritas if I had to walk those planks! Might keep some of my pesky relatives away though! M.T.
  • Options
    Rinkerbuoy62Rinkerbuoy62 Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Michael T said:
    Geez J13, I'd have to watch the margaritas if I had to walk those planks! Might keep some of my pesky relatives away though! M.T.

Doesn't look drinking friendly at all.
  • Options
    bat32bat32 Member Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

The sea walls look the same by us.  It's crazy..... No motoring on or off the trailers at all anymore.