Options

Any Pictures of Your Marina

13»

Comments

• Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it takes a minute to get used to, but it just means if you cant make it up the ramp you probably shouldnt be driving home anyways! :)

On the plus side with the floating dock my boat is extremely easy to board, as the swim platform is literally the same height as the dock. Otherwise it'd be at least 3' down to the gunwhale at a "ground level" dock height. Really didnt want to be jumping down into the boat, especially with all that pretty new vinyl......
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    But, if the water level ever comes back it'll be an even better setup for me, so start praying for some extremely wet winters for our friendly neighbors to the north.

I should mention that pic was taken over 2 months ago, and the water is probably a foot higher now and still climbing slowly.
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    bat32bat32 Member Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

Oh I hear you.  Michigan City is all stationary docks.  Can't even park there unless your a big cruiser r have a private lift.  I left eh days of pulling on and off the water 5 years ago now and won't look back.  Marina life for me!

• Options
    gslprogslpro Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    JTKZ13,
       The other pictures explain it.  The docking on our lake is so different, that it took those pics for me to change my perspective on what the dock would look like.  My stern sits against an almost vertical structure (probably carved) that gives me a good 6' of depth right at the edge of the parking lot.  And, of course, we do not have such thing as a seawall in our marina, though some marinas do have what would be considered bulkhead slips, just nowhere as high as yours. Thanks for clearing it up for my foggy ole brain.
    Gary and Diane
    290 FV Nauti Bonnie
  • Options
    sfgenosfgeno Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Capt. Steve let me know the exact dates of the photo shoot at Hideaway Harbor Marina and I will round up boaters for ya!
  • Options
    Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    @sfgeno ... still trying to coordinate all that now, but will let you know ASAP.
  • Options
    politbypolitby Member Posts: 15
    edited July 2013
    Not sure if linking to Google Maps works:

https://maps.google.se/?source=friendlink&q=59.479335,18.419446

It would be a stretch to call it a marina, it's really just some docks belonging to our community, but we have electricity, fresh water and a holding tank pump. :)

But the location is awesome.
  • Options
    BoatAwayBoatAway Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    politby said:
    Not sure if linking to Google Maps works: https://maps.google.se/?source=friendlink&q=59.479335,18.419446 It would be a stretch to call it a marina, it's really just some docks belonging to our community, but we have electricity, fresh water and a holding tank pump. :) But the location is awesome.
    NICE! we're planning a trip over your way next year. Fly into Copenhagen, then head up to Stockholm, and then over to Oslo and Fjords on the West coast.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Skip Norway. Hopelessly rustic. :)

When you get here look me up, I'll take you on an archipelago tour!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Did find a pic of my 342 at the slip. Those booms are the most idiotic invention ever. Everyone here docks bow-to despite 99% of all boats are near impossible to board from the bow. So there are all kinds of weird homemade contraptions people use to board, including wooden steps.

But with some care I can tie up so the swim platform is just a short step from the dock. This is the Baltic Sea so no tides to worry about.

This was taken late April just after splashing, we were among the first in.    She has since been cleaned up and polished but still needs a new porthole in the head. :)
    Post edited by politby on
  • Options
    BoatAwayBoatAway Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    politby said:
    Skip Norway. Hopelessly rustic. :)
    Spoken like a true Swede...
    ;)
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    politby, that water sure looks nice & blue!  Great picture!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Dream_Inn said:

Thanks, yes the Baltic is mostly a very deep blue and nowadays fairly clear and clean. It was in a pretty bad way 15 years ago but has recovered.

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    politby said:
    Thanks, yes the Baltic is mostly a very deep blue and nowadays fairly clear and clean. It was in a pretty bad way 15 years ago but has recovered.
    Maybe the Chesapeake Bay has something to look forward to!
    [-O<

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright, this was a cool thread that deserved a bump. Since we trailer our FV270 I guess we claim most of the local marinas around us as "ours". Here's a nice pic of a Marina we visted in Palmetto Fl over labor Day Weekend. Marina Dunes was a local marina I hadn't visited until our Central Fl Cruisers Club friends booked a weekend there and trailered in from a 100mi radius. It was a great deal and very nice. Nearly new, huge protected basin, two pools, on-site restaurant, very nice staff and only 30mins to the beaches. We'll be back. Hope your weekend was a good one too.
    Mike

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    This is our marina in Gatineau Québec ,mainly sailboat but a nice place.also our Rinker 300.
  • Options
    thmsmclthmsmcl Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2013

Post edited by thmsmcl on