Options

Snap in carpet

Comments

• Options
    luvinlifeluvinlife Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I will sure,t post pictures once I get the carpet. Won't order it until late February.  Planning to open my shrink wrapped boat in April. 
  • Options
    Update!  The berber is $603 and the marine weave is $1320.  Wow. I had no idea it was that much more money!  Can't justify that so I will stick with berber.

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have the old carpet, how hard do you think it would be to buy some berber leftovers and just use the old for a template? Mine has lost most of the backing...not sure why they bother to put that on there, just traps the water on the carpet? Not sure what benefit the backing really is.....maybe makes it softer to walk on? I think for the money you all are talking, the sea deck is not that much more is it?
  • Options
    I had my upholstery guy quote me on duplicating the original carpet and he was about 950 dollars. Snap in is 603. The marine weave is 1320. I do have the old carpet so I could try a regular carpet store and see what their quote is. The boat won't be out of shrink wrap until early April so I have time to shop around. I think sea deck would be even more than the 1320. I would like to get a season under my belt then decide what upgrades I want to invest in. Going to have the risers and manifolds done as a preventative measure before I splash and I am having some canvas work done too 
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seadeck is about 1800 from what I've seen 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    so your within 500 bucks plus you would have your swim platform, your steps to the bow.....would be a no brainer to me! I love that sea deck!
  • Options
    Ras maybe Sea Deck for my next boat. Berber replacement is only 603 so the difference for sea deck is 1200. The marine weave is 1320. 
  • Options
    I was comparing to the weave....I hear ya on cost period!
  • Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    If I keep my current boat long enough
    i will buy good carpet make my own template since old fits well.
    then spray or roll on the backing
    have it binder and save 400 dollars 
  • Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    I had Corinthian Marine Carpet do my 280EC carpets last year and it was around $550.
    Did you just do a template and send to them?
    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had Corinthian Marine Carpet do my 280EC carpets last year and it was around $550.
    Did you just do a template and send to them?
    I used the old carpet to make a template with brown construction paper.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    New option just came my way. Corinthian carpet quoted me 697 or  the Aqua weave in flax color. Need to verify the template. If it's cirrect I will go that way! 
  • Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    luvinlife said:
    New option just came my way. Corinthian carpet quoted me 697 or  the Aqua weave in flax color. Need to verify the template. If it's cirrect I will go that way! 
    Nice.....what year are u?

2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • Options
    Mine is a 2006, but their stock template is 2007. It looks identical but I need to research a little more to determine if it really will fit. 
  • Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    @luvinlife which way did you go with the carpet?  
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    I went with the berber because the Aqua weave was double the price.  I have not yet installed it. It is a lighter color than I exoected. In retrospect I am second guessing not going Aqua weave because a little rain gets in when it rains hard.  The berber will take a while to dry. Aqua weave probably better when wet 
  • Options
    yea the carpet does hold in some water, just went through that myself and had to steam clean it. Thanks for the input.  Send a pic of it installed when you do.  
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Patrick, just FYI, I use my pressure washer to clean my carpet.  Works very well & I do it every year.  Just watch getting it too close for too long.  Don't want to fray it at all. 

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    reason #500 I need to buy a power washer.  Also need it to get rid of the carpet backing that is a nightmare.  Thanks John. 
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just finished binding and installing snaps on my woven vinyl/weave carpet. Came out pretty nice....

07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    wow that looks wonderful!  You had to install the snaps yourself? 
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    I did it all myself. Bought the roll of material, patterned, cut, sewed binding, installed snaps. 

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    @liberty44140 That looks really great!  You should be proud of a wonderful job!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    You should let me see if that fits in my boat.lol.looks great and half the price for sure.
  • Options
    Thanks guys - I really am psyched about it. I had a long list of winter projects. Some worked well, some didn't, this was a nice win :) I have $260 in to materials, I got a deal on the roll of carpet last fall so a realistic materials budget would be $375. Plus I had to buy a $110 binding attachment for my mom's industrial sewing machine. For anyone who can sew - the sailrite online videos show you exactly how to do this from patterning to binding to snaps. I watched the heck out of their videos this winter! 

• Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    @Liberty44140 - That looks amazing!!! Care to share with us where you bought that carpet material from? .... inquiring minds want to know!!
  • Options
    No problem, it's called boatcarpetsales. They have the material on eBay. The material is infinity woven vinyl and this place seems to have end rolls. Retail on the material is $90 a foot but they seem to have it for $30-$40 a foot. 

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks amazing... wonder if anyone makes that material pre made for our boats..
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    Just checked eBay and they sell it in rolls of 8.5'x10' and 8.5'x12'... Lay it on floor, lay old carpet on top of it and trace it.... cut it out and bring to carpet store for binding(most of us don't have mothers with industrial sewing machines!!!! Lol).... install snaps and VOILA!!! Think I might be doing this. 
  • Options
    Me to and I do have mom's industrial machine in my basement.I did black carpet on my 270.