Options

2017 Chesapeake Rinkervous

Comments

• Options
    DirtythirtyDirtythirty Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    Where do here do you guys throw the hook ?

• Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like fun.  There are more Rinkers in my neck of the woods every year it seems.  One of these years we need to coordinate something similar out on Block Island or Newport etc...  Have fun.  That journey is a little too long to sell to the wife...
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod

First off, I'd suggest getting fuel on Bohemia, particularly Bohemia Bay.  Their prices are better than Georgetown for sure.  I'd always thought Georgetown was expensive, but again I try not to get fuel on the eastern shore cause it's always about 50 cents/gal more than my area. 

@dirtythirty if you type 39.327710, -76.142037 into google, it will point exactly where we anchor.  In your picture, in the left bottom corner, you see that piece of land that is real narrow and comes out almost to the other piece of land?  We back up to that sandy piece of land.  It's all sand there.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raybo3 said:
    Dream_Inn said:
    Feel free to remove it if you can...I was having a pre-senior moment...trying to do two things at once. I will repost after it's gone. I did notice that since it's not my post, I can't edit or delete it.

ok, I did some deleting.  Go ahead and repost in the other topic.  I'm sure many others are as interested as I am.
    Noooo I heard back from Vanilla and they showed me how to merge.....LOL No problem but it is nice to know that topics can be merged. Learning more and more about this but man this gets time consuming....LOL
    Sounds like you need a few more Mods to help out... Let me know... I'm game!
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    seadogsseadogs Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    We will be there again this year.  Its it a great time. Trashman, if you don't mind going out of your way about 25 minutes (round trip) get your fuel at bay boat works on the north east river. We are moving the boat and will miss them. Always the cheapest gas. Crabs should be at the mouth of still pond or warton creek by then. Watch for all the pot floats. ( some guys like to use black ) they are a real pita.
  • Options

Great to hear Seadogs!  & you are right, I remember the crab pot floats on the way in.  I'm so used to having to dodge them all the time in my area that I forgot they had them out up there.  The last couple years there weren't as many of the clams.  Those were great to use as bait for catching fish.  My son would be wading out in the water with his fishing pool catching fish while we are all there with him holding a drink and eating!

@trashman, just bring some bloodworms for some good fishing!

• Options
    Yeah. Sometimes it's like the guys that drop the crab pots do their best to block the mouth of every river. Some chicken necks and line will do the trick for weekend.  Tamie will be trying  for the best drink again this year.  The testing has already started.  
  • Options
    JonnyMJonnyM Member Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    I sure would love to attend... Maybe I should start a Upper Ohio River Rinker Raft off. LOL

I am in for the Upper Ohio Rinker Raft Off!!
    "Mosi on Dahn"  2003 Fiesta Vee 270
  • Options
    johnniewalkerjohnniewalker Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Sign us up! Is there a Facebook group/event I could get details from?
  • Options
    Sign us up! Is there a Facebook group/event I could get details from?
    I've never been a facebook fan...spend too much time on this forum. This is basically the details. You can look at past years on this forum. Many pics and good discussions. Location and date is all that's needed.

• Options
    MajorAppealMajorAppeal Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    How late does everyone stay out there on the 16th? I'm driving back from North Carolina on the 15th, may be able to make it out on the 16th if it's still going on in the afternoon...
  • Options
    How late does everyone stay out there on the 16th? I'm driving back from North Carolina on the 15th, may be able to make it out on the 16th if it's still going on in the afternoon...
    We are typically there until after we finish lunch, so I'd say around 1pm.  Not very late I guess on that Sunday, but after 3 nights on the hook of sun and partying (& work the next day), we are all pretty tired.

• Options
    RansnanRansnan Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    Couple weeks to go,  So looking forward to another wonderful Weekend  !!
  • Options
    You bet! I am really excited about it! As always, it's great knowing some new people will be there this year again! We should have a fantastic turnout with the usual great people! I'm going to talk with Hawk Yachts dealer today just to make sure they are good to go as well. I just found out the margarita maker (Doug from Paz) every year isn't making it for Margaritaville! Someone will have to step up to the plate. :) We've got some good plans for some interesting games this year, especially the kids. Looking forward to seeing everyone!!

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the rest of us want to see the pictures!
  • Options
    TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    Ok. This years theme is margarita vill so I hit the dollar store.  Hawaiian Luau decorations will do just fine!!!. I'm packin the blender, a huge cooler of ice and an extension cord  haha. Hopefully I'll score a nice side job and be able to get the little inflatable dink I have in the eBay watch list.  If not the inflatable kayak will do I guess. Anyone know if the nearby shore is ok to walk on ir is it private property?   
  • Options
    ChesapeakeChillerChesapeakeChiller Member Posts: 98 ✭✭

We are hoping to make it this year if a Cruisers Yachts is still welcome. Unfortunately we cant commit yet as my wife's boss has medical issues that may require her to work or possible be off/closed then. I should know the week of and just prepare then. If I don't see/meet everyone there have a great time.

J.T.

2004 Cruisers Yachts 320 W/6.2L I/B's

Boat Name- Anchor Management, Mayo MD

• Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Man I wish I was closer... this looks like a good time!!
    Post edited by diggin2day1 on
  • Options

@chesapeakechiller - I sure hope to see you there and yes a Cruisers Yacht is definitely welcome!

@diggin2day1 - you and Raybo need to take ride down together for the weekend! I can't wait show off those sink covers!  I also want to print out a picture or two of your steps to show people!

I've printed out flyers and heading to Hawk Yachts (our new Rinker Dealer) so they can pass out a few.

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    I will make it to this great event one of these years........
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    We are at a new marina this year and we are bringing new  friends with a 410 and old friends with a small Searay.  Still working  on 3 other rinkers there. See you soon.
  • Options
    @seadogs - That is great news you are coming and even better news you are bringing friends.  My dock neighbor (who has the 420 and came two years ago) will be coming again this year after missing last year.  Two new more 320's from my dock are coming as well.  I think we're gonna have the best showing yet!  I'm not sure which boat Hawk Yachts is bringing yet, but it'll be whatever they have on the lot at the time.

• Options
    We sure are getting closer!!!  Down to 9 days!  Hope everyone enjoys the 4th and cannot wait for Rinkervous!  We've been seeing a lot of beautiful Rinker out here while on vacation !

• Options
    Prepping for our trip all week. Kicking around the idea of using the alcohol stove inside.not sure if it's a good idea.   I'd like to use my electric skillet but just don't want to bring the little generator.  ...may just be a nuisance to others. Hope it's cool at nite. Bought a little battery operated fan.  
  • Options

@trashman, bring the portable.  we'll work it out where it'll be fine.  You will want to have it.  e can also toss over an extension cord for a little power, so bring the skillet.  We are all very accommodating and there are also plenty of hot grills to use if you want that as well.

I just got off the phone with Gary from Hawks Yachts.  It's so exciting to have a new local Rinker dealer sponsor the event!  They want to make sure they can help out and make this a special time.   

• Options
    Dream_Inn said:

@trashman, bring the portable.  we'll work it out where it'll be fine.  You will want to have it.  e can also toss over an extension cord for a little power, so bring the skillet.  We are all very accommodating and there are also plenty of hot grills to use if you want that as well.

I just got off the phone with Gary from Hawks Yachts.  It's so exciting to have a new local Rinker dealer sponsor the event!  They want to make sure they can help out and make this a special time.   

Cool.  I'll bring it.  I'll also bring a nice long extension cord, lol.  I can kick myself in the butt for not buying a nice used boat grill I saw  over the winter. 
    My next rinker will have a grill and a generator built in!!!!!  Haha
  • Options
    @trashman would you be interested in a round SS charbroil kettle grill?  I have one that still has a fishing rod style holder.  I'd give it to you for a heck of a deal.  25 bucks should cover a decent bottle of rum?

• Options
    Only 4 more Days to go, looks like the weather will be nice !!
  • Options

Yes, Saturday is going to be perfect weather!  Very low humidity with temps in mid 80s.  Might be a little rain on Friday, but that is ok.

We plan on being there Thursday evening, along with a few other boats.  Gotta claim the spot!  The boat is gassed up and somewhat cleaned up (had to after living on it for 10 days).

I think we have most of the stuff planned out!  There will be lots of fun for both the adults and kids & lots of fun giveaways!  If there's anyone still wondering whether to go, come on it!  You won't regret it!  Sounds like there are going to be quite a few first timers coming as well!

• Options
    Friday night starts our 9 nights on the boat, never did anything this long, but we're up for the Challenge  !