Options

2017 Chesapeake Rinkervous

Comments

• Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭✭
    Have a drink for me boys.  I am not going to make it. 
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod

Randy, 9 nights should be great!  & what a way to start!

David, sorry to hear you aren't going to make it!  I hope things will be ok with your boat.

I sure hope some people with kids show up, because we've got a lot of fun stuff for them as well!  (I just found out the Rinker from NJ isn't making it either, so that's a couple less kids as well.  Patrick, Krista and their family sure are some great people and will be missed there this year!)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Stoni2Stoni2 Member Posts: 4
    Hi everyone, Laurie & Ken here.  We're at the same marina with Dream_Inn and are finally coming this year.  Looking forward to a fun weekend and meeting all of you.
  • Options
    TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    Watching the weather closely.  Looks like with each day the weather predictions get better.   Dont mind a little rain on travel day.  We are set to leave here friday in the am when tide is going out.  Tonight ill be going over a few things with my son such as using the radio.   Getting excited for our first real trip on the 270.  
  • Options
    BayrunnerBayrunner Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    I just found out I will have to work Saturday.  If I can I hope to shoot over Saturday afternoon when I get off and try to meet up with everyone, even if it is just one night.
    Bayrunner -- FV312 - Simple Pleasure
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bayrunner said:
    I just found out I will have to work Saturday.  If I can I hope to shoot over Saturday afternoon when I get off and try to meet up with everyone, even if it is just one night.
    Do it. Its worth it just to see Dream sloshed
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,547 mod
    Stupid job.  Instead of spending a great weekend rafted up with fellow Rinker owners, I will be at my office writing a proposal.  Have a great weekend!  Photos ...
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Bayrunner said:
    Do it. Its worth it just to see Dream sloshed

Sure, I'll agree with you Handy! :)  @bayrunner - definitely come on up, Sat afternoon will work out fine.  Obviously the earlier the better!

@stoni2 - Ken & Laurie, glad to see you on the forum and can't wait to see you up in Still Pond!

@LaRea - I didn't know you had thought about the long trek up!  Maybe you can make it next year!

@trashman Friday morning should be perfect for the ride!  Smooth and not much wind!  Maybe some rain in the afternoon, but that's ok.  Saturday is looking to be perfect weather.  My son is looking forward to fishing with your son!

Post edited by Dream_Inn on

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need more Rinkers in FL!
  • Options

• Options

@trashman - here's a shot at 11am on Friday for the bay...looks nice and flat at 0 ft for the upper part of the bay! :)

• Options
    Cool.  We are expecting thunderstorms on Friday in philly but can't find any info on when they roll in.  I'm leaving between 8:30-9:30 am to ride the tide out. 
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭✭
    @Trashman Take pictures of the ride through the canal between Delaware River and Chesapeake.  Always wanted to take that route.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    Trashman said:
    Cool.  We are expecting thunderstorms on Friday in philly but can't find any info on when they roll in.  I'm leaving between 8:30-9:30 am to ride the tide out. 

Should be late afternoon.  I'm seeing maybe 4-6ish.  So you should be fine in the morning.  It really should be a nice smooth ride all the way for you. 

@Trashman Take pictures of the ride through the canal between Delaware River and Chesapeake.  Always wanted to take that route.

I've done half the C&D and it is really neat.  We may doing all of it and heading up close to Atlantic City by boat this August.

• Options
    Will do!
  • Options
    Dream_Inn said:
    Trashman said:

Should be late afternoon.  I'm seeing maybe 4-6ish.  So you should be fine in the morning.  It really should be a nice smooth ride all the way for you. 

I've done half the C&D and it is really neat.  We may doing all of it and heading up close to Atlantic City by boat this August.

Well that's good news, I'm starting to think with all your trips you have stock in Exxon LOL
  • Options
    You should have a speedo contest for all the guys dream
  • Options
    You should have a speedo contest for all the guys dream

Only if you come up for it Handy! :)  We have had some pretty interesting contests over the years though, and a couple good ones planned this weekend.

• Options
    Be careful out on the Bay today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Wow. Big storms up there tonight. Hope all is ok. Someone report
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard they are waiting for you!!
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,547 mod
    The Beltway was really bad during rush hour.  I hope all vessels made it okay.
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    okay, did no one bring a hot spot? was there no internet? did anything happen or what? 
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Facebook shows the raft up,there'll having to much fun to post.they look pretty safe.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Build it up,build it up,here it comes,climax,(SILENCE) The pirates took them all.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the Facebook post, it looks like they had a great turnout.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Just got back to philly.  Regrettably I was the first to leave.  90 miles up the Chesapeake, through the canal and up the Delaware back to philly.the little 270 made it,  What a ride!   I'll post some pics after I get settled. My son and I had a wonderful time and we met the nicest people. Jonn(dreaminn), Christine and his family, the nicest most generous people! .... There's more to post after I nap, lol
  • Options
    johnniewalkerjohnniewalker Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Wonderful weekend! Thank you all!!!
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭