Options

2017 Chesapeake Rinkervous

124»

Comments

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    That is a mighty raftup indeed!  Next year for sure I will be there.
  • Options
    Corral42Corral42 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    A quick edit from this mornings drone footage
    DarLin - 2005 320 Fiesta Vee
    https://youtu.be/lhZMRZJCO8U
    Post edited by Corral42 on
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet, looks great!
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Well it looks like everyone had a great time and everyone is safe. Post some more pic's and video's..........
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many Rinkers ended up being there? Looks like an awesome time!!!
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Well,  181 mile trip and all went well on the little 270. Still pond is awesome. Finally got some rest after 31/2 hour ride home and then had to work.  I want to thank john( dream inn) and @diggin2day1 for presenting me with my awesome sink cover. That was quite a surprise!!   The entire weekend was a blast.  Honestly felt very empty handed after seeing what goes on. Referring to the tons of food being served... All day! But everyone made us feel like family. My little portable genny didn't power the microwave so we couldn't cook so my neighbors let me plug in, thanks Steve, ken and Lori who made us cookies for our long ride home. Saturday we all watched the sunset when everyone piled into the dinks and putted out of the cove, what a fun nite.  Very nice to see the different Rinker models, one nicer than the next. 
    Post edited by Trashman on
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod
    edited July 2017

OK, first off, @Corral42 - that is an awesome little video!  I saw the drone and didn't know who it belonged to (Still don't know, but thanks for the video)

@trashman - we are all so glad you were able to make it down!  I only hope next time your wife and other son can come as well.

@diggin2day1 - first, my two sink covers that I purchased from you fit perfectly!  I got more compliments the entire weekend!  They fit perfect and look wonderful!  (yes, I will get a picture in here soon).  Second, thank you for the two great donations!  Obviously trashman won the sink cover for longest traveled in a smaller boat and it fit perfectly!  Second, @rasnan, for getting the $50 off on the steps.  They will look great on his 342!

Guys, what a great time!!!!!  We arrived Thursday evening...ok, let me step back a minute.  I wasn't even at the marina yet and I'm getting text, hey, we are a ready at the marina to pull out when you get here!  Man, I'm always the anxious one!  We had a brief pop-up storm go just north of us, so we waited.  About 15 minutes away from Still Pond, I get this text stating, where are you at?  I'm waiting for my Mai Tai! :)   This was from the only other boat that has been there for every single Rinkervous!  ( @wet in his 342) For the first time, he not only beat me there, but was the first boat there!!  I had a 400 and 390 travel up with me.  So that night, it was the 4 of us.  We got to watch a storm go just south of us and then mother nature put on a great light show for about 3 hours.  It was the most beautiful thing you could see!

Friday I heard from trashman that he was on his way as well as from some others.  We had a great turnout on Friday since we didn't have perfect weather.  But, the rain came down around 3-4pm and ended by 8pm.  No high winds, just some very hard rain.  But the party continued on. 

Saturday we just kept getting more boats.  I believe we had a count of 24 boats.  15 of them being Rinkers!  All different sizes.  270, 280, 310, 320, 342, 350, 360, 390, 400, 410, 420. (had to edit for 350 & remove 280)  I'm sure I'm missing some sizes in between.  I did briefly see @explore7425 Bella Sabrina in his 370 but I was unable to get him on VHF and he turned around and headed out (I think he thought we couldn't fit him in).  Sorry about that.

Our sunset cruise was great!  One dinghy had in tow a huge blown up Duck, and then two large parrots with a kayak.   & of course people on each for a ride.

I want to thank everyone for coming and bringing all the great food and great drinks (& shots).  It was really hard to choose what was best because it all was so great!  From the "parrot pee" to the "bushwacker" to "key lime pie" shots and pudding shots and jello shots and food, well, it didn't stop.  Amazing food! 

& all those non-Rinkers that keep coming back! @johnniewalker - it was great seeing you!  I didn't get to chat much with you, but I did with Randy!  I heard last night about his "race" car driver career!  too funny!  & Dave/Shelly, you along with Bryan/Jess are just part of the Rinker family!!  You have been to more than half of these now and it's been great!

Last thing, next year's theme is Halloweeen!!  (I'm sure everyone loved finding some plastic spiders over the weekend hidden around their boats)

Oh, and to the ladies, thank you for letting me "leis" each one of you on your arrival.

Post edited by Dream_Inn on

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Cropped trashmans pic... sweet raft up!

• Options
    Saturday night

• Options

Great nighttime picture!!

I'll have to get someone to post some of the close-ups of the decorations.  Several boats went all out on the Margaritaville!

• Options
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    This is awesome on so many levels... I keep looking and it was just too far to attempt in my 270... who knows what the future brings, but I will make a Rinkervous!!! 
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys were living the dream. Very nice.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    A couple of stills from the video

• Options
    Any interest from passing boaters? 
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    J3ff said:
    Any interest from passing boaters? 

Yes, it did get some attention.  One individual said he has been anchoring in this cove since the '80s and has never seen such a large raft-up in this cove.  He pulled in with his boat and decided there was no way he was anchoring at the beach.  What the pictures don't show is we had a lot of people enjoying the water/beach area at the back of the boat.  The left side looking at the top aerial view is all sand and really shallow (hard to park anything large in there).  And that narrow point to the left is where there is a large water flow during change in tides, causing a nice lazy river!

Great aerial pictures though!  We missed not having the seaplane this year!

• Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    so awesome.  What a great event.
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Excellent!   So glad everything worked out for everyone involved. Go Rinker!
  • Options
    seadogsseadogs Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    We want to thank everyone  for a great time as usual.  It gets better every year and our sea ray friends  had a great time and feel like they need a rinker now. The food and drinks were great  but the company  was even better. Thanks  again to dream Inn and his family  for keeping  this going and all the HARD work they put into it. 

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! Some great shots of the raft up, pretty cool! 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    summerxsummerx Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
    so bummed I was out of town again this year.  one of these times I'll make it up.  we were in Key west for the week or would have been there.  Looks like you all had a GREAT time and the boats look fantastic in that raft.  Glad the weather cooperated for you all.
  • Options

Thanks guys for the comments!  I've always been involved with tying up each boat just like it was my own.  We even did some moving around of boats to align swim platforms better together.  We had it a little rougher late (winds out of the north - which was the open area to our bows) on Saturday night and every single boat handled it well.

@summerx, we'll see you next year! (unless you want to see a bunch of us during pirates & wenches this year in Rock hall)

@corral42 - I hope you all come back next year as well.  Thanks again for the great pictures!

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pirates and wenches sounds like fun, where are those pictures?