Options

Venting on the look of new boats

13»

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    True be told I was shocked at how many larger cruisers were sold at the boat show. I am talking about 700k and up. But the prices were outrageous on all boats. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    One of my local marinas/dealers stopped selling cruisers years ago and sold bennington pontoons like hotcakes!  I'd never thought on the Chesapeake they would be so popular.  He just began last year selling formulas, which are going ok, but still not like the pontoons.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL bunch of rich a$$ east coast boater's. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,570 mod
    @raybo3 - You want to talk about ugly boats?  Look no further than the pontoon fleet.  Toons offer fantastic value if you measure in square feet per dollar, but nobody ever accused them of being beautiful.

We have a growing toon fleet at my marina.  It's not my style, but their owners love them.
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    LaRea said:
    @raybo3 - You want to talk about ugly boats?  Look no further than the pontoon fleet.  Toons offer fantastic value if you measure in square feet per dollar, but nobody ever accused them of being beautiful.

We have a growing toon fleet at my marina.  It's not my style, but their owners love them.
    The over all look are ugly but they do have some very nice features and the "deck" of some of them are pretty nice, def not my style.......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    randy56 said:
    Here's some price comparison"s  as AL said there are a lot of $90k  + tritoon s out there.
    A new 2017 Rinker QX 29 open bow, 9.1 beam,  with 6.2 is $80k with trailer and cover.
    A new 2016 310LE is $149,900 with twin 350 mags
    A new 2017 370 EX is $269,000
    This pamphlet is from the Chicago Boat Show and comes with some options , it's the exact same boat as the EC360  model they only changed the helm/dash for 2017 then renamed it EX370. Beautiful Vessel! 
  • Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    When my 246 was getting a new impeller the marina offered me the use of a pontoon for the day. With out a windshield, spray kept hitting me in the face and my arm became sore from a serious case of prop steer. Plus the stodgy looks, its like driving Grandpas old station wagon. I'm a grandpa myself, but I still like a sporty looking ride and a pontoon just ain't it!
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bry1429. it even came with a safe?????????? LOL
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    randy56 said:
    WILL HAVE NO MONEY LEFT TO LOCK UP!!!!!!
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    bry1429 said:
    randy56 said:
    WILL HAVE NO MONEY LEFT TO LOCK UP!!!!!!

I've never used my safe, except the first time to try it out.  I figure if someone makes their way into the cabin, well, they'll get what they're after!  Of course, I don't generally leave money lying around (it's "invested" in the boat, and the wife will tell you she doesn't have much in jewelry, especially when boating! :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with the wrap around glass being awful.  Was just at a boat show 6 months ago and couldn't get over how much I loved the 2004 270 vs the new pre packaged stuff.  27 to 30 ft all had small beams(really??), lots of glass and electronics and looked like space ships.. Cool to look at but actual hanging out on them? Looked like "concept" boats but for sale. Too many hard/straight lines too.. 
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭
    One mans prison, is another mans paradise... B)

We all have our own version of boating. I'm a big fan of open style as well. I even sold my Bimini camper kit, I knew I'd never use it! 
    2000 Captiva 232