Options

Five days to launch!

Comments

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 days to launch ? 13 inches of snow hitting at home tomorrow! Good luck!!
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,557 mod
    This weather is all my fault for launching early.  Lucky for me she's in a covered slip.  
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Yep, looks like a lot is melting after hitting the ground.  I think the 3-6 is about right.  & the Sunday storm is basically a little rain at this point.  The problem is, the temps are still in the low 40's for highs for the next 7 days.  Average at end of March is 60!!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    summerxsummerx Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
    I live out near frederick, MD.  we have about 9" on the ground and still coming down heavily.  looks like the bay area is getting less, but will probably still end up around 6"
  • Options
    Four hours ago, we had 4".  It has been snowing ever since, and we still have 4" -- but it's now super-dense and heavy.  I won't be surprised to see some trees come down. 

On the plus side, the Admiral shoveled the driveway, and now everything that hits it is melting.  Same with the streets. 
  • Options
    Same thing here LaRea!  I think we might be about 6 inches though.  Except my kids did the driveway! :) Not sure about the street, since mine hasn't been touched (except tracks from me coming in about noon from work).

• Options
    Unbelievably, schools are closed again tomorrow.  Which means they won't open Friday, because next week is spring break and they have snow days to burn.  Great time to have an Admiral who is a teacher!
  • Options
    onislandtimeonislandtime Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    @LaRea
    I usually use Purple Power and let it sit for a minute and then spray it out. It never gets it that clean. I guess its old fashion scrubbing or do you have a method that works?
  • Options
    I don't know how my comment on your bilge jumped to this comment lol. Same predicament. I'm launching 2nd week of April!
  • Options
    For the bilge, I used West Marine bilge cleaner and a string mop.  The mop is great because I can reach down between the engines.  The only place it can't reach is under the engines.  I might get a second mop and cut off the handle for that.   
  • Options
    Gottcha. Remember my middle bilge has the 2 seacocks and hoses running aft. My engine bilge are angled where nothing can pool.
  • Options
    While checking the forward bilge today, I found this disgusting little slice of nastiness in the compartment just forward of the bilge pump:

It appears to be the plywood cutout from when they installed the table base.  It's under the floor of the mid-berth, so I'll have to remove the table base to get it.  You can see the table base in the background.  

I only noticed it by accident.  Unfortunately, now that I've seen it, I will have to scrub that whole compartment with bleach.  It's like that Bob Seger song:  I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.  

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like something from a cheap horror movie. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    I know.  I hope the rest of the compartment isn't like that.  
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a slice of wheat bread with a little relish. That's got to go.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    I gave that forward bilge a good scrubbing.  It was nasty, although not quite as gross as it looked from the first picture.  

Bonus:  While cleaning the bilge, I discovered that the float switch for the bilge pump wasn't working because of a failed connector.  So I was able to fix that while I was in there.  

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good! It almost looks like the end of the table post was sitting on the cutout, almost like a buffer to the hull?
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks much better.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LaRea , what did you use to clean that area? Looks great!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    just brought my boat home last week cut a hole in the shrink wrap and working inside hoping to be floating in a few weeks 
  • Options
    Thanks!  All I used was West Marine bilge cleaner and a high-pressure hose.  The cutout for the table base was barely big enough for my arm, so I stuck a microfiber towel in and kinda flailed it around.  The hose did most of the work getting ten years of muck out of there.  Then I ran about 100 gallons of water through it to get all the soap suds out.  

It's okay if you think I'm weird for LIKING spending three hours on a Saturday morning cleaning my bilge.  I get it.  

The cutout was just floating around like a hockey puck in the neutral zone.  (LET'S GO CAPS!)
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    hope to be in before the cup playoffs start April 11 I think winter final ended here 
  • Options
    How did you get rid of the water? Isn't that the through drain that's sealed up?
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    The bilge areas in the cabin are all connected.  I used a wet-dry vac to get the last bit of water out.  It's 2-3 gallons that the bilge pump can't reach when the boat is sitting level. 
  • Options

Caps sure had a great game last night!  I thought OV was gonna hit 50!

3 hours cleaning bilge, sounds like fun! :)  I bought some of that mildew cleaner that was talked about and I'm excited to clean out my rear hatch area!

• Options
    edited April 2018
    @Dream_Inn , you will be amazed at how well it works!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dream_Inn said:

3 hours cleaning bilge, sounds like fun! :)  I bought some of that mildew cleaner that was talked about and I'm excited to clean out my rear hatch area!

One and done again
  • Options
    Dream_Inn said:

Man, they tried to make it happen!  So close.  Would have been amazing.  Now it's time for business.  I think they have the raw materials to go all the way, but I could say that about a lot of teams right now.  We're gonna go to Wednesday's game.  
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holtby lives near you LaRea
  • Options
    And the practice facility is a block from my office, but I haven't managed to run into him yet.