Comments

• Options
    thepriceisrightthepriceisright Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    So done with this...

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Yikes. Looks like a wet basement to me. Been there, not fun. 
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭✭
    @Dream_Inn.  I am in.  Right now i am wondering if i have gas for my snow blower and should be topping off the tanks on Sweet Annie.  I made sure the heater was working.  Lets go. Hard part is going to be just getting to the boat.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    And now I've come down with a cold for the second time in 2 weeks.  Doesn't help that everyone in my office are coughing and hacking and refuse to stay home.  Arrrrg
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    @Dream_Inn.  I am in.  Right now i am wondering if i have gas for my snow blower and should be topping off the tanks on Sweet Annie.  I made sure the heater was working.  Lets go. Hard part is going to be just getting to the boat.

You just have to start on Friday! :)  They are saying 1-3 inches now.  I think they figured out that it just isn't going to stick this time of year.  But, it'll be pretty with it all coming down.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pic of local ramp a few minutes ago. Sigh..... :'(
    Note the photo bombing squirrel.  :D
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Ouch, that's rough. At least Erie is ice free by now.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    I could not imagine being covered in ice!  I'd have to forget summer sports and just do more of the winter ones!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was down in the dump about all the rain and high river till I peeked at this.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah.....I was in on April 19 last year....ain't happening this year...
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    bella-vitabella-vita Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    The 60 mph wind yesterday pushed the ice from Lake Erie over boom and down Niagara river damaging half the docks at our boat club in grand Island. Hopefully insurance covers the damages 
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • Options
    I’m headed down to the yacht club Saturday morning for a work party. I’m worried about what the wind may have done. 
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    Here we go again............. Back to back winter storms coming to the Boston area. Snow for both storms......... Summer is never coming..... Just say'n
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,568 mod
    The 60 mph wind yesterday pushed the ice from Lake Erie over boom and down Niagara river damaging half the docks at our boat club in grand Island. Hopefully insurance covers the damages 
    Ouch.  Everybody hauls out for winter, right?
  • Options
    Ya. Nobody leaves Boat in for winter mine is still buried in heated storage looking like all the docks were damaged in one way or another.its a small club only 11 slips 
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • Options
    Forecast for tomorrow High 37 / Low 23.  Still planning on launching.  "Supposed" to warm up come next week.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still sorry guys...85 here today...motor still in my garage...sigh....
  • Options
    It's Canada's fault, wind chill here on 4/7/18........ 22.......... 1 to 3 inches snow coming......... then rain..........look's good at the end of next week. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    A couple inches today. It was cold sanding my drives in the snow this afternoon....  I found that one of my trim rams had come completely detached from the the rear ram pin. The threaded part of the pin was all bent. I wonder how long that had been broken last season. The drive still seemed to trim just fine. 
    Busy week this week...  Bellows job, port swivel pin and seal repair, bottom and drive paint, wash and wax, Hardin water pump replace, zincs, then splash on the 16th. Fingers crossed we get it done. 
  • Options
    Well..today was my launch day.  Cold but beautiful day.  However much like this Spring season my launch was a disaster.  Started her up and went to park my trailer...came back and boat was starting to overheat.  Didn't think it was wise to continue and put it into the slip so I trailered her back up to investigate.  Opened up the drains to the block and antifreeze from the winter came out...which tells me nothing was being sucked up.

I'm really hoping it's just the impellor.  Praying...it's been a rough week for me besides the boat.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, we're all in the same boat here as far as launch dates go. I'm supposed to be in the water next Sat.. however that doesn't look possible at the moment I guess. I am hearing about 70's for a week from today though!!
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J3ff said:
    Well, we're all in the same boat here as far as launch dates go. I'm supposed to be in the water next Sat.. however that doesn't look possible at the moment I guess. I am hearing about 70's for a week from today though!!
    Just launch in the Keys Man!
  • Options
    There were only 5 boats in the harbor today...so I guess the good news is this is happening very early in the season and I'm not missing anything.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    Suggestion, fire it up on the trailer. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J3ff said:
    Just launch in the Keys Man!
    I wish man!! Sometime soon if I can get a job down there!! We'll see!!
  • Options
    @randy56 - Boatyard doesn't have their water systems summarized yet.  I usually do start it on the trailer...just not this year.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    The system can get airlocked. Give the throttles a punch and I bet you free it up. I have had the post storage overheat twice now. 
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    lets see who can post a final photo of Old man winter's "leavings" of 2018 in your area. I'm in contention with 10cms tonight :#