Options

Winter Projects

Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
So what winter projects have you done (or still have planned)? I have painted my gauge bezels (long overdue), replaced my trim pump, replaced my battery isolator, installed my 4 blade hill marine props, and painted my lower units. I also removed the blue pinstripe. Thanks to @LaRea, I have purchased two analog converter boxes so I can hook up all my gauges to read out on my Ray Marine touch screen similar to VV. This seems complicated as to the programming but Im sure I can call tech service. 

Comments

• Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    you guys down south are lucky up north we haven't even uncovered yet 
  • Options
    edited March 2018
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    Build a set of steps and a table for my boat before my wife kills me. 
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about some pics @Handymans342 ?
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
  • Options
    Those pretty painted diesel drives with new wheels!

• Options
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    The stereo project is almost done!  Look for a long write-up soon with tons of pics.  It sounds amazing. 

New custom canvas by Dave at Potomac Canvas.  To be installed as soon as it warms up. 

Then a whole bunch of sitting-around-doing-nothing.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Re built generator carb, replaced exhaust shutters, added holding tank vent vacuum breaker valve, refinished teak steps down below, painted drives....that’s just so far...

• Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    10 year tune up(plus a few years) including replacing fuel lines.  Bottom painting and the usual getting the outdrive/props sanded and painted.  If the marina will ever turn the water back on, I will be buffing and waxing. 

Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Been a very busy winter;

Finished install of marine mat.
    Finished full canvas enclosure.
    Finished new helm panels install.
    Finished new compass install(old 1 leaked out dry) 
    Finished new vhf antenna install(old 1broke)
    Finished new shower sump pump install(old 1 broke)
    Finished new microwave install(old 1 broke)
    Finished new gen impeller install & gen oil change

Still have to install Raymarine CPT120 Thru‑Hull Bronze CHIRP Transducer Fan‑beam DownVision w/temp. & CP100 sonar module. add-on to my existing Raymarine E95 Hybrid mfd

Still have a few more Color changers Ocean led Amphibians 16's to install,  couldnt pass up a hot deal of a price. 

Still have to install central oil changing pump system, will do final hookup when I change oil next week.

As soon as I find the energy I Will post pictures :( 

• Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    @bry1429 get the energy!  I want to see her. 
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Sitting in the departure area in FLL.  Still snow on the ground and boat is locked up until May. However my original manifold and risers are coming off in May. I was told a couple years ago I am on borrowed time so time to get it done.   Would love to have seen your upgrades Handy this trip so next time for sure. 
  • Options
    .The forum here is great and really helpful
    Thanks to everyone on it on all your input
    Im going on my first full year with this boat 2003 270  last year I did the cabin with a new floor and replaced the carpet on the sides with some 1/4 in mahogany plywood and the steps from diggin2day also installed a fume detector
    attached a picture of the cabin re do I still have some trim work to do  

got a few boxes in the basement ready to get started as soon as I can move the boat home from the marina mostly cosmetic upgrades this year ,The boat needed a new outdrive so no worries there .
    planning to get started on these within the next 2 weeks when the snow finally melts away

cabin 
    new countertop with a larger sink new faucet and a portable induction cooktop
    new v berth cushions with a extra 1inch foam  
    new stereo with new remotes on helm and swim platform 
    new wood trim lights and speaker trim also from digging

topside 
    new switch covers on dash 
    new vinyl carpets 
    remove cooler cutout and replace with a pull out trash can above it install a new sink .faucet and full countertop 
    electronics 
    install vessel view mobil 

• Options
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    @GMSLITHO - what floor product did you use?  And if you don't mind me asking how much did it cost about?
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beautiful, would you mind coming to do mine? and very interested in the exact stuff you used as well!
  • Options
    I used lonseal Ill double check ,but its sold in 6 ft lengths so I think I ordered a 3'X 6' then cut it in 1/2 they also sell the matching trim for the edging under the table its about $150 for the floor and $25 for the trim you don't need to buy the adhesive from them ,I did but ran out after I finished under  the table floor ,when I went to order more they said it would take 2 weeks to get and then they recommended contact cement as a replacement , that was a **** of a lot cheaper  when i took the carpet out the fiberglass was rough so I used some body putty on the side where the curve of the floor was tight built it up then glued and screwed  down a piece of 1/8 in luan so it was nice and clean to glue to also replaced the wood under the table ,probably should have added a hatch under the table for additional storage there is a lot of room under there maybe in the future 
    the floor 
  • Options
    J3ff photo of the wood 
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for that info! How did you remove the carpet? That's the main thing holding me back from floor replacement
  • Options
    Just pulled cut and ripped came out easier than I thought 
  • Options
    What is the wood you used behind the steps and the Vee birth on the wall?
  • Options
    1/4 in mahogany plywood stained and varnished I made some templates out of heavy paper then traced them to the wood  
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NICE. Looking at doing the same on my 2000 270. Lonseal Going for about $68 CDN for running foot 6' wide.  
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes @bry1429....would love to see some pictures!
  • Options
    04FV270riverrat04FV270riverrat Member Posts: 268 ✭✭✭
    I'm getting rid of the snap in carpet and putting in GatorStep foam (similar to Sea Dek) in the cockpit and swim platform. Replaced 4 cockpit speakers and added a better amp. Switching my 8ft antenna to a 4ft version, might add a second for symmetrical looks. Picked up a vesselview mobile. Might get Hill props if the budget allows. Got a new A/C strainer (old one was stained and could see through it). Also plan to change drive oil/engine oil, plugs and wires. 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Keep that old strainer for when you winterize.   That is what stains it in the first place.  Also note that going with a smaller height antenna will decrease your range.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    04FV270riverrat04FV270riverrat Member Posts: 268 ✭✭✭
    Dream_Inn said:
    Keep that old strainer for when you winterize.   That is what stains it in the first place.  Also note that going with a smaller height antenna will decrease your range.
    I thought about range with the shorter antenna, but I'm a river/small lake boater and never too far from shore, so cell service is always there. I've broken two 8 footers, first I left up when pulling the boat out(had canvas up and forgot about it), it hit a tree branch and broke it. I put an old one from my dad's houseboat on there and it just had the tip break from a freak heavy wet snow in KY on first day of spring. Had it down and under tarp, but the weight of the snow pushed down and broke it. 
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When't on spring break to FL, took the kids and grand kids to Kennedy space center, one evening went to local hot spot and had rum runners. 

Boat Name : 

• Options