Options

Winter Projects

13»

Comments

• Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    You can tape top and bottom of the rub rail
    ans seal it that way. Tape will prevent the ugly silicone shmear.
    yes to do it right insert and rail has to come out 
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Noted, may add this to the pro active maintenance list for next winter. Have a teak floor so would not want to learn the hard way. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well as tight as the screws go into the fiberglass hull and or the wood strip it would be hard to leak unless they were loose. 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    If I remember correctly, some people also had holes where there weren't screws.  As if when built they put the screw in the rub rail, but pulled back out to place in a better spot.  This left a hole for it to leak in time.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I definitely have a leak on at the front port side portlight. A common occurrence. And from time to time I notice damp carpet just aft of the galley console which could be the rear portlight or could be the rail...or could be the windshield. So I'm just going to do everything versus wasting time trying to track it down. And then I know it's done once and hopefully for all.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geez Al, you're killing me! Too funny! RLMAO
  • Options
    DirtythirtyDirtythirty Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    Where do I begin ??

I purchased and am replacing my galvanized anchor with  polished stainless steel.

I am installing a Sidebar Beverage station in the cockpit.

I had a local woodcrafter create a beautiful "live edge" table for the cockpit from a solid slab of walnut.

I am replacing my cockpit carpeting with "snap-in" faux teak, SeaDek.

I replace all my engine vent covers with new "anti-wasp" covers

I am installing projection courtesy lights on the port and starboard side, that shine a projection of my "Smuggles Retreat" logo and jolly roger on the dock . (like the new cars)

I installed colored changing LED strip lights inside the engine vent cap on both sides of the boat.

I purchased an entry mat for the swim deck in burgundy to match my canvass, that is pressure stamped RINKER into the carpeting.

• Options
    thepriceisrightthepriceisright Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    I bought a new shower sump, but it's too large for the available space. Unfortunately all the dimensions listed online are really unreliable, so I may have to just start ordering different sumps until I find one that fits.
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,838 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a new shower sump, but it's too large for the available space. Unfortunately all the dimensions listed online are really unreliable, so I may have to just start ordering different sumps until I find one that fits.
    That happened to me last season. I ended up using the guts of the new and installed/modified them to fit into the old box.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    thepriceisrightthepriceisright Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    aero3113 said:
    That happened to me last season. I ended up using the guts of the new and installed/modified them to fit into the old box.
    I might just 5200 a piece of starboard in there and mount it higher up. The reason it won't fit in the old space is how the float switch for the bilge is positioned, and the part that looks safe to screw into doesn't look wide enough to rotate the switch sideways to make room.
  • Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    @Dirtythirty The logo projection lights are a great idea.  We have a newer land rover that does this and we think its very cool.  It would be great to have it on the boat and it say our boats name, R Beach....  Let me know what kind of equipment you are using if you don't mind.  Thanks.
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, wonder how a custom logo projected onto the swim platform would look at night.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    DirtythirtyDirtythirty Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    @craigswardmtb: I'll need to go back and check before I get the seller info to you. I found them on Ebay.  They wanted a good quality digital photo of my logo and boat name.  After I sent that to them, they configured it into a projection slide and emailed it back to me for my approval.  I paid them $30. and had it delivered in about a month. It came directly from China. Aside from a slight language barrier in the emails, everything went very smoothly.  When it was delivered, I had to go to Pep Boys and purchase a cigarette (accessory) 12v plug and spliced in the hot and ground wire.  I dont have it mounted on the boat yet, but it works great and I'm sure it will garner alot of attention at the dock at night.  When I find the seller from whom I bought it from, I'll send it to you. 
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From that listing:"
    • This product features a painted film (logo); Excessive heat from the LED chipset will cause rapid deterioration of design. Image fade is NOT covered under warranty.
    • We strongly recommend that continuous "ON" time should not exceed 5 minutes.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,573 mod
    The gobo is painted?  These days, I would have guessed 3D printer.  
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,263 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a good launch!
  • Options
    All looks good Shawn!

• Options
    shawnmjr said:
    Thanks @Dream_Inn everything is done and tomorrow I’m launching for the first time this year. 

I'm sure everyone is really looking forward to it!  Especially waiting since xmas with that new gift! Enjoy!