Options

so, my fruits of the days work...

Comments

• Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭✭
    rasbury said:
    Handy, don't you have RV people to poke at?
    Nope they don't have any problems
    They just ignore him too...

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Dude_HimselfDude_Himself Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    Dream_Inn said:
    Adding to Greg's list is the CO detector.  They all add up and will definitely drain it after a while.

When I disconnected the CO detector (replaced with a 10-year lithium battery CO Monitor/Detector) my battery went from 60% discharged after two weeks to fully charged after a month. Can't recommend enough!
  • Options
    Dude_HimselfDude_Himself Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    Willhound said:
    There is an old saying " If it has "teats" or tires, sooner or later you're gonna have problems with it". To be fair, and less sexist I would propose that we change it to "If it has tires or floats, sooner or later......"  :D:D
    Just for laughs, as always!

Forgot Transistors. Tata's, Tires, Transistors: it's cheaper to rent than own.
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    This is how much I have spent on my RV for 6 months. 00000000000 !!!!!
    Your boat did not cost you anything either. You never used it........... Bahahahaha
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raybo3 said:
    This is how much I have spent on my RV for 6 months. 00000000000 !!!!!
    Your boat did not cost you anything either. You never used it........... Bahahahaha
    Thats Why its gone. So tell everyone what you spent on your Stinker in 2018
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Handy tell me what your RV cost you when or if you ever start using that? I dont mind spending money  because I have made boating a big part of my life. I live on an ocean how can I not have a boat? Personally I would never own an RV because I hate driving especially with all the traffic now because of uber and lyft........ Just say'n
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friend that works at the RV place is also a former marine mechanic...also worked on planes in the service or helicopters I think it was...anyway, he would want nothing to do with an Express Cruiser boat. He does have a couple of 5th wheel campers and he and his wife spend a lot of time either hunting and or camping. One thing that is a turn off for me with them is when we go boating, when we eat we stop at a waterraunt. New word I made up. When your on the RV, you bring food with you...she spends a lot of time cooking and cleaning which to me defeats the whole purpose of getting away from the house. At the most, we may prepare some snacks for the day or something and throw in the fridge but it's paper plates and throw away stuff. I'm sure, with enough spare time, traveling across the US in a class A motor home going out in the Midwest and beyond would be great-I don't have the time and I don't have the 300 grand for the motor home. The fifth wheels are nice but I would not like towing a rig like that cross country, just not my preference. Fly out there and get a hotel. Bottom line, everyone  has their wants and needs and boating gets me away from my stresses is life- what ever floats your boat I say. But either way, the warranty runs out and the wallet comes out to keep these toys going....
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    edited January 2019
    It's funny Ras, you mention the turn off is eating in.  In our area, you can hit many restaurants right on the water by boat.  But, we anchor out and always have food packed on our boat.  Love to grill off the back and eat right on the boat.  Many people would love to have the availability of waterraunts that we have.  Just something about the ability to go out on the boat, leave for 10 days, and not have to touch land for the entire time unless we want to.

& raybo is right.  I remember the summer we had the fire on our boat and our August 10-day trip on the boat was out.  Last minute, we decided to drive to Myrtle beach.  Oh, the traffic reminded me why we like to boat!  At that time, I was frustrated with boating and thought "oh, at least with the car it'll be less stressful not having to think about what could go wrong on the boat".  Well, 150 miles into the trip we got a flat tire!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Dream- most of my boating is local lake and river- river is the St. Johns which does go all the way to Jacksonville but time to do so has been an issue- we are like a weekend boater and that's about it for now....we are not far from the inter coastal but it's a time thing again and the river is around the corner.....we have yet to spend a night on the hook, due to the admiral so I have to pick my battles....I get the boat, she gets to stay at the marina....maybe one day when we have more time. At any rate it's all good and we all enjoying boating as much as we can and the way that we can... 
  • Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    So did you splash her yet 
  • Options
    bella-vitabella-vita Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    Nothing beats staying out on the hook! 
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • Options
    pistolepistole Member Posts: 158 ✭✭
    teats , tires , floats or flies ....
  • Options
    nah, not in the water yet.....we had a fridge go down I expected to spend a few hundred getting fixed so held off on the batteries.....LG did it for free! But then, an 1800 fridge should work for more than two years without a major compressor failure....anyway, back to batteries but not sure when my next opportunity to get to the water will be...sigh....
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rasbury said:
    nah, not in the water yet.....we had a fridge go down I expected to spend a few hundred getting fixed so held off on the batteries.....LG did it for free! But then, an 1800 fridge should work for more than two years without a major compressor failure....anyway, back to batteries but not sure when my next opportunity to get to the water will be...sigh....
    I have an LG washer and dryer that are 6 years old. The washer works great (fingers crossed) and the dryer has broke once, about 2 months ago, and now it sometimes won't turn on. To get it fixed through LG, it is $125 to show up at your house, then an hourly rate on top of that. I told the admiral that I will NEVER purchase another LG product again. They are junk.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    I know someone else that swears they will never buy another LG product again.  Way too many issues with customer support and the products never worked right.  Only thing I've ever had with LG is their TV and phone.  Not had an issue with either.  But I'll stay away from their appliances.  I've just replaced a washer & dryer over the last year with same brands Kenmore/whirlpool.  Old units last me over 20 years only replacing a belt, so can't complain.  I'm just buying them now at HD instead of Sears.

• Options
    You could always buy Maytag and have someone visit continually.....

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my 342 I have one blower on each side. A hose goes from each side of the bilge up to a blower and then from the blower out the vent. Then there are two intake vents which didn’t have hoses but I added intake hoses to help keep rainwater off the generator and batteries. Lastly there are two hoses from the shelf in the rear of the engine room up to the rear storage compartment under the seat. These have no blower attached. Not sure if this helps but I hope it does.
    One thing I had to change on my boat was making sure the blower exhaust and the air intake vents were not right next to each other, otherwise you're just sucking in the blower exhaust air. So I basically intake from one side of the boat and blow out the other side of the boat.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Well, I bought the fridge, an oven and a dishwasher all at the same time so I feel like a cat on a hot tin roof! We did not have any issues with customer service and when my wife complained they were new when the service guy came out he fixed it, said have a nice day and that was it. The compressor has a 7 year warranty which is why I guess I did not buy an extended warranty....labor is not covered however and that's where they try to get you I guess. Like everything else, to much technology with the cheapest parts they can buy!
  • Options
    Im sorry, why are we talking about appliances???
  • Options
    Im sorry, why are we talking about appliances???

Cause it's better than talking about RVs.

• Options
    @Dream_Inn. You have become so mean
  • Options
    good one Dream!
  • Options
    RVs do not break as often as boats and they are 1 tenth of the cost
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this was a BOAT owners forum, not an rv owners forum. :D
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Actually its an appliance repair forum
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,557 mod
    rasbury said:
    ... we stop at a waterraunt. New word I made up. ...
    OK folks, when they add it to the dictionary, remember you heard it here first on RBOC.  
  • Options
    But BOAT means break out another thousand and I think that still applies to RVs

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ras, ever been to the restaurant (would qualify for a wateraunt ) that's on the St. Johns River in St. Augustine - called Salt Water Cowboys - great blackened alligator and Creole dishes.
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    icoultha said:
    But BOAT means break out another thousand and I think that still applies to RVs
    I dunno.  When I needed a new fresh water pump for the water system in the boat I found the same pump on an RV site for $75 versus $100 on most of the boat sites.  Maybe for RVs it's only Break Out Another Couple Hundred.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    nope but will keep that in mind...that is a boating destination for us and not to far a trip to launch in Daytona Beach and go up the river from there....should be a nice trip.