bring 342 back to life

javhavjavhav new york nyPosts: 227Member ✭✭✭
first time rinker owner and member what did I buy of course another project but I love it and thanks to you guys on this site with a welf of knowledge I'm able to piece my new baby together here are a few pics way more  to come let me know how she's looking before 
Tagged:

Comments

• cls10105cls10105 Cleveland TNPosts: 202Member ✭✭
    Thats awesome... she is alive!!!!
    cls10105
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Pawcatuck river CTPosts: 1,886Member ✭✭✭✭
    Wow that's a lot of work keep it up
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • StodgeStodge Lake St. ClairPosts: 2,322Member ✭✭✭✭
    WOW looks like she was in bad shape.  But looking lots better now.  I'm curious about the switch panel at the helm.  Did you have one made, or paint the existing one?  Mine is looking pretty rough.  There used to be some on Great Lakes Skipper, but I waited too long and they are gone.  Looking for options to make mine look better.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• icoulthaicoultha Niskayuna NYPosts: 1,045Member ✭✭✭
    Wondering that too, my 310 has the same panel shape as that era 342 trying to find one is impossible. It's not as bad as that but I''d like a new one.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Rear Commodore, Crescent Boat Club

• TonyG13TonyG13 ChicagoPosts: 150Member ✭✭
  • javhavjavhav new york nyPosts: 227Member ✭✭✭
    Stodge thanks no it's the original the base was good just need some love fixed the cracks with epoxy and wrapped in brushed aluminum vynil pretty easy just takes time and a lot of heat saved me some $ so i could put it somewhere else 
    here a few more pics mind you I have had this boat since november and still working on it I'm interested in your guys opinions and will keep up loading my progress 

• shawnmjrshawnmjr Detroit MIPosts: 1,288Member ✭✭✭✭
    Man, you did a great job restoring that beauty and only in two months. That’s pretty impressive. 
  • bella-vitabella-vita Buffalo NYPosts: 310Member ✭✭✭
    Awesome job,you will love it
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • TonyG13TonyG13 ChicagoPosts: 150Member ✭✭
    Unbelievable job! What's the backstory on the boat? And why did you decide to undertake such a task? Even though it seems you are considerably up to the challenge! :-)
    Looks like you're using the storage in the mid-cabin for electronics (stereo?)  I refer to that as the basement because it's deep.  

At this rate you'll have a whole new boat when you're done.

TonyG13 said:
    Those are for the gauges, not the switches.  :(

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 3,859Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow!!! You sure did bring her back to life!!! She is looking good.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • WillhoundWillhound Lake Simcoe, Ontario, CanadaPosts: 1,721Member ✭✭✭✭
    Nice work. Hope you got her for a good price. Hurricane damage?
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • LaReaLaRea Alexandria VirginiaPosts: 3,305Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice audio rig.  What's the setup?
    Man i wish i could do work like that. That is awesome and the good liquor! 
    cls10105
  • MarkBMarkB OntarioPosts: 3,223Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, what the heck! That is friggin awesome work. Well done buddy, she looks great. Keep sending pictures. This is probably one of the best things I like seeing on this site!

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• davidbrooksdavidbrooks GermantownPosts: 473Member ✭✭✭
    OK either you don't sleep or you are one of the laid off federal workers out there that has had some extra time on their hands.  Either way.  Great job.  As a 342 owner i am jealous of some of the improvements you have made.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
    TonyG13 said:
    Unbelievable job! What's the backstory on the boat? And why did you decide to undertake such a task? Even though it seems you are considerably up to the challenge! :-)
    thank you  @TonyG13 back story still unclear but yes heavy  saltwater damage  as far as me deciding  buying her I wanted to step it up a bit from my 25 fourwinn and to be honest you i could not afford more than half the boats out there champagne taste with beer money but as for the challenge not my first time at this rodeo 
    Willhound said:
    Nice work. Hope you got her for a good price. Hurricane damage?
    thanks willhound yes storm damage I paid more for the transportation  then the boat lol
    LaRea said:
    Nice audio rig.  What's the setup?
    thanks Larea still working on it have to fiber glass the arch pods  and finish the sub boxes here is a quick breakdown 6 skar subs 4 8ds18 mids 2 10prv mids 8 4inch beyma tweeters 2 long throw horns ds18 4 6 1/2 kicker coaxial  and 3 eq crossover and 10 amps even you can't  see them like that in pictures let's just say I like my music lol
  • icoulthaicoultha Niskayuna NYPosts: 1,045Member ✭✭✭
    The bar looks nice, how are you securing bottles? I took out our TV and have foam bottle shaped packaging laid flat on the bottom to keep things in place.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Rear Commodore, Crescent Boat Club

MarkB said:
    Dude, what the heck! That is friggin awesome work. Well done buddy, she looks great. Keep sending pictures. This is probably one of the best things I like seeing on this site!
    lol markB thanks I appreciate trust me I'll keep the pics coming lol
    cls10105 said:
    Man i wish i could do work like that. That is awesome and the good liquor! 
    cls10105 lol thanks yes I all ways try to have a great variety of liquor on hand but nothing beats my best friend Johnnie walker lol keep on walking 
    OK either you don't sleep or you are one of the laid off federal workers out there that has had some extra time on their hands.  Either way.  Great job.  As a 342 owner i am jealous of some of the improvements you have made.
    David Brooks thanks man lol yes I do sleep and no I'm not a federal worker  no it just takes good planning and the drive I treat it like a bunch of little projects instead of a huge one so an hour here and there and next thing you know a good chunk of it is done and being able to the work myself save's on time and money plus I really want to enjoy this summer something to look forward to 
  • LaReaLaRea Alexandria VirginiaPosts: 3,305Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    That engine room will be the envy of the marina.  Throw some shiny Hardin Marine water pumps in there.  
    Where is home?
    cls10105