bring 342 back to life

Comments

• javhavjavhav new york nyMember Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    icoultha said:
    The bar looks nice, how are you securing bottles? I took out our TV and have foam bottle shaped packaging laid flat on the bottom to keep things in place.

@icoultha thanks man I've welded an alum grid have yet to install it still have to polish it pic soon 
    just finished the final touch on my dash sand polished throttle controls crome painted plastic cover and chocolate vynil trim ring and of course all new cable's 
    cls10105 said:
    Where is home?   
    bronx new York @cls10105
  • cls10105cls10105 Cleveland TNMember Posts: 310 ✭✭
    Man that’s pretty, I was hoping you would say Chattanooga, lol
    cruising on 6. tw0s
    cls10105 said:
    Man that’s pretty, I was hoping you would say Chattanooga, lol
    man I wished it's to dam cold up here for me lol
  • LaReaLaRea Alexandria VirginiaMember Posts: 5,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All new vinyl?
    LaRea said:
    All new vinyl?
    not sure yet the original seats cleaned up well but I want to do them in chocolate and tan vynil with diamond stitching but as always $$$$ is the problem this is how I did my old boat
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Pawcatuck river CTMember Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely love the painted floor in the engine room and the glass door on the cabin fridge. Keep on going looks like fun.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Pawcatuck river CTMember Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭✭
    I bought my 342 3 years ago from a guy a Evers marina in the Bronx
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
    I bought my 342 3 years ago from a guy a Evers marina in the Bronx
    no way I'm not to far from evers I know a lot of people over there I'm in city island
  • Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    I thought I saw Volvo Penta on the control binnacle. Did you re power with Mercs?
    Out drives as well?
    another view 
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Ft Myers FloridaMember Posts: 9,224 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did the boat sink?
    I thought I saw Volvo Penta on the control binnacle. Did you re power with Mercs?
    Out drives as well?
    @Glassguy54 yes and no two 383 mags merc with Volvo outdrive and controls with Volvo bell housing yes she's a dirty one lol
    Good time to reseal the transom assemblies
  • randy56randy56 Newburgh INMember Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are a craftsman, tackled a big project. and moving through it quickly. I say you have some experience at this. you will be proud to show it off in the spring. I'm proud of ya. 
    Boat Name : 

Did the boat sink?
    pinned on dock and stern flooded so I was told no damage to the hull but didn't take any chances re did all connectors on wire harness and replaced what ever was damaged pumps wires ect and the list goes on
    Good time to reseal the transom assemblies
    all ready done don't like taking chances little bit of time and some 5200 saves alot of headaches lol
    You could flip boats
    randy56 said:
    You are a craftsman, tackled a big project. and moving through it quickly. I say you have some experience at this. you will be proud to show it off in the spring. I'm proud of ya. 
    @randy56 thanks man I appreciate your kind words this would be my second boat I rebuilt its just a good feeling when people see it and appreciate the work that went into it and the details its one thing to buy it and another to build it to your like in it just sets you apart from everyone  else I like to be different plus I like winter projects lol
    You could flip boats
    I wished but nobody over here wants to pay a good majority just want to sell you dreams  btw what do you think of the boats name dream chaser 
    this is how work on my babe heater in engine room heater in cockpit and heater in galley and shrink wrapped 
    Good choice of name but what else could you have done with all the money spent. I couldnt do it any longer
    here some before pics
    Good choice of name but what else could you have done with all the money spent. I couldnt do it any longer
    well I have a  super tight budget  didn't have to spend that much plus I had stuff laying around and in the summer I can recuperate some funds I think I'm 12k in and pretty much have everything 
  • LaReaLaRea Alexandria VirginiaMember Posts: 5,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wow.  For a newcomer to the forum, you really know how to Make An Entrance.  I know a lot of people will take inspiration from what you've accomplished.
    LaRea said:
    Just wow.  For a newcomer to the forum, you really know how to Make An Entrance.  I know a lot of people will take inspiration from what you've accomplished.
    @LaRea lol thanks I hope people get inspired to push there limits and to think outside of the box  and not to afraid of doing things for themselves if you don't try you'll never know and thanks to this site I learned a lot and saved alot of beer funds but yesterday I joined form after being a guest forever thanks for the feedback 
    I love to do what you did to boats but not with my money. It makes sense because you got the boat for nothing and you have a lot of time. Most of us dont. Make sure you check the electrical connections that feed the mid bilge pump and float. 
    I love to do what you did to boats but not with my money. It makes sense because you got the boat for nothing and you have a lot of time. Most of us dont. Make sure you check the electrical connections that feed the mid bilge pump and float. 
    @Handymans342 I don't have much time and the time that I do have I try to accomplish at least 1 project my trick is to dedicate at least 1 hr a day to her and to break up the project to smaller ones and the best thing to do is plan ahead gives you time to find deals and to think out the project's order parts once every thing is in now you have a sense of direction but yes I have replaced all the bilge pumps and went threw all the connections on the boat from bow to stern everything works now lol plus it helps to have the boat at my shop
    @Handymans342 yes getting the boat for cheap is the key and putting as less money into it I just can't see myself spending 40or60k on a boat I rather buy heavy machinery is what I deal with so the next best thing is to go my route and actually enjoy working on it if you like something you'll find time and funds