Options

Mercury Vessel View Mobile on sale

Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
Hey guys, I just saw a promotion good thru March 31 on the vesselview mobile.  I know this is something many have been interested in and for $150, hard to beat.  

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/promotions/?j=265242&sfmc_sub=197107&l=111_HTML&u=7472465&mid=7232290&jb=119#limited-time-discount-on-vesselview-mobile 

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Comments

• Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    You’re a star @Dream_Inn. Placing order for 2 if my buddy wants one too. 

Thanks mate. 

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    cls10105cls10105 Member Posts: 352 ✭✭
    I think my engines are to old for this they are 2002 and i think these only work for 2003 and up. 
    cruising on 6. tw0s
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cls10105 said:
    I think my engines are to old for this they are 2002 and i think these only work for 2003 and up. 
    You can always call Mercury with the serial numbers from the engine. They will be able to tell you for sure if the are or are not compatible.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    cls10105 said:

They should work on 2002 as well.  I had smartcraft working on my old 2002 310.

• Options
    McGarnicleMcGarnicle Member Posts: 242 ✭✭✭
    Will this work for twin motors or would I need to buy something additional?
  • Options
    Up to 4 they say. @cls10105 - look on your air cleaner cover an if it says SmartCraft it apparently should work, I am yet to find the purple sockets that are used, not been to check it out yet - Tuesday I hope. But the suggestion to call with serial number is a good idea.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    cls10105 said:
    They will work on your 2002. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
    It also appears that your Engine Serial Number and Horsepower/Cylinders are required information during checkout (with Model Number and Stern Drive Serial Number optional).

So maybe they contact you if VesselView Mobile is incompatible with the info you provide?
  • Options
    cls10105cls10105 Member Posts: 352 ✭✭
    I was just reading whats on the site it says 2003 and newer. I didn't make this up.lol
    cruising on 6. tw0s
  • Options
    cls10105 said:
    I was just reading whats on the site it says 2003 and newer. I didn't make this up.lol

I think that is to cover them, because some models in 2002 may not have had smartcraft.  When I originally bought my used 2002 310, I purposely bought it because it had smarcraft (compared to the 2001).  I connected and used the smartcraft in that boat.

• Options
    A fellow Rinker owner that I am good friends with has a 2002 270FV and his 350MAG is SmartCraft compatible. We haven't connected my VVM to it, but it should work.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a 2002 270FV with a 350 it works fine on mine 
  • Options
    Dude_HimselfDude_Himself Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    I wish the VesselView app gave us more access to engine diagnostic information. This is great for driving us back to the Mercury Repair Shops, but otherwise it's not very useful.

I might sell mine.
  • Options
    onislandtimeonislandtime Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    This is a great add on! I have had it for several years. They just need to upgrade the app! Simple landscape mode (Portrait mode only) would be great and to be able to use offline. As of right now it has to be connected to view anything on the app. It would be nice to review info sitting at home like fuel burned that day etc. Again great module, I know I have saved tons of money on fuel by adjusting my fuel burn on the go.
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish my 2000 5.7 EFI was compatible but it's not. I even called Merc with my engine serial number to confirm. If year 2001 or early 2002 still a good idea to call or e-mail. My understanding is that the changeover occurred in mid 2002.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    This is a great add on! I have had it for several years. They just need to upgrade the app! Simple landscape mode (Portrait mode only) would be great and to be able to use offline. As of right now it has to be connected to view anything on the app. It would be nice to review info sitting at home like fuel burned that day etc. Again great module, I know I have saved tons of money on fuel by adjusting my fuel burn on the go.
    I agree that being able to see fuel burn for the day offline. Portrait mode would also be nice. You can see some things offline. I just pulled up my maintenance and faults that the app has caught. You can also see your maintenance history. I love the app and it has made me want to change my dash to a digital dash. I just need to plant a better money tree to justify it.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    onislandtimeonislandtime Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    @Cableguy Greg I just use an Ipad for chart plotter and vessel view and dont even look at the dash anymore. I have several pages setup for short trips and long trips.
  • Options
    johnepjohnep Member Posts: 114 ✭✭
    I just ordered mine. Thanks for the heads up!
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Having been to my boar and confirmed for sure I know that I have the right plugs - couldn’t find them before - I’ll be ordering mine soon. 
    Post edited by Ian on

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    bella-vitabella-vita Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    I have 2002,called with my serial # it is not compatible! Really wish it was.
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Wow that's strange because my 2002 342 FV is compatible. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    raybo3 said:
    Wow that's strange because my 2002 342 FV is compatible. 
    It's on the limit as to the engine build. I wasn't sure either although the air cleaner cover had the logo so I called and confirmed.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    The Main ExchangeThe Main Exchange Member Posts: 280 ✭✭✭
    I am going to order VVMobile does it only connect to 1 engine and how does it read the other? Thanks in advance. I have twin 350 mags. 

2007 300 EC, 350 Mags, B3's, Table Rock Lake, MO

• Options
    I am going to order VVMobile does it only connect to 1 engine and how does it read the other? Thanks in advance. I have twin 350 mags. 
    It can have up to 4 engines on it. You will need a J box and a few extra wires to get it to read both engines.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Thanks for the info Greg I will call Mercury and order the parts needed.

• Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 879 ✭✭✭
    Ordered mine last week for my twins.  Pulled these attachments on hooking up to twins from this site that was posted a few years ago.  If anyone sees that any of this is not accurate, please let us know

Paul
  • Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    ordered 2/3 ...received this evening
    boat coming out march 15
    will see
  • Options
    Thanks for all the input but am I correct in thinking this will need probably a couple hundred dollars in harnesses and j boxes to work on twin engine non smart craft gauge boat.

• Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 879 ✭✭✭
    I figure it will cost me about $300 for the harnesses, j-boxes etc.
  • Options
    Can't just connect right on the engine?  I know I originally I did it that way to see if worked, and it did just fine (just Bluetooth connection is from engine room, which was a bit away from helm for me).  Luckily I had the connections at the helm from DTS, so I switched to that.