12A - superstitious bunch huh?

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    bella-vitabella-vita Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    We only have 11 slips small private club.we have electric water and a clubhouse $1000 no matter the size boat.must be paid by February or it’s up for grabs 
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,838 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bella-vita the $1000.00 covers everything for the season??
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    bella-vitabella-vita Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    Yes that includes membership. we also have members with out boats they pay $365 a year 
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • Options
    WoW, what a deal!! 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,572 mod
    Anybody ever have controversy over slip assignments?  

As I said, our slips are the cheapest around ... well under market value.  And while we have more than enough slips for our small boats, we often have a wait list for big boats.  Every now and then, somebody doesn't get their way so they raise a stink.  For the most part, people behave.  
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    No not really any problems at my club. Sometimes if someone changes a slip you might hear "he did that on purpose" but not too often. Most of the times if someone changes a slip they will check with the person who had it last and ask if its a problem with them. Its pretty cool how every one gets along with their brothers and (now) sister..........
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are your slips uncovered? Had a covered one for a few years at a different lake, when owning a HB, 16 X 60 was $5200 per year, electric was metered. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    No covered slips for us.  Total 115 slips, of which 19 can hold a boat bigger than 34'x12'.  The four piers in the middle are floating and the rest are fixed.  One ramp and no off-season storage.  

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,263 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I was thinking that was a lot but I'm spending 1200 bucks a year for a parking lot space....looks like I could stay in the water for 200 a month and that would include water and electric...they charge an extra 100 for liveaboards so I guess that really is not to bad...they have showers and such also..would still be double my expense now and would be in the water year round....other marina in Sanford would be 232 a month for covered which would be sweet....our other marina would be 330 a month for covered...all are floating docks. I don't see that any of these have any fees or other requirements other than the monthly rent/lease. We don't have any tides on the river as far south as I am but the river itself can vary a lot depending on rain and time of the year for sure.
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭✭
    Here's our harbor: 1126 slips, mooring cans, and star docks, accommodating power and sail boats from 28’-100’+ in length. Price varies a bit depending upon length. For a 35 foot stall it's $110/foot. With taxes, fees, it's around $4200 for the season (In on May 1, out on Oct 31). Parking included.

The marinas are managed by a private company in conjunction with the Park District. You apply and are approved on a first come - first served basis. Same with transfers. As long as you pay in full by the deadline you are guaranteed your spot each year. If you don't pay, your spot is up for grabs - either if someone has specifically requested that slip - or randomly assigned to someone wanting that size slip. Old days things were done the "Chicago way" - by who you knew. A little harder now that the wait lists are publicly available online. You can look and see where you are on the list.

Looks like so far, I'm winning - or losing - for most expensive spot ;-)

• Options
    Good grief, that's huge!  And you probably have more amenities than any little neighborhood club like mine.  I'm guessing a different live band on each dock, free boat detailing, and in-boat massage therapists.  Probably not a bad slip in the entire joint.  
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭✭
    It really doesn't feel big. We have 61 boats on our dock alone and most everyone knows each other and we have at least one official dock party each summer. The dock has sorted itself out with party people on one end and the "quiet" zone at the other end. Everyone gets along great. (It would be nice if there was free detailing and massages!)

Speaking of live bands - on our end of the harbor, in the upper right of the photo - above the white tent - is Huntington Bank Pavilion which has multiple concerts each summer ranging from Peter Frampton to Blake Shelton. People pay good money to get inside, but since it's an open air venue, we just sit on the boat and enjoy the music :-) 
  • Options
    Let' here more about this in-boat massage. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    gackgack Member Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    My club is a condo association, so I own the slip and 6x10 cement area behind it.  have to pay $1,200 in condo fees and $400 in taxes each year, but winter storage is included.
  • Options
    gack said:
    My club is a condo association, so I own the slip and 6x10 cement area behind it.  have to pay $1,200 in condo fees and $400 in taxes each year, but winter storage is included.
    So everything is only $1600 per year???? That's sweet..........
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Yup, once you buy the slip.
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭
    The fees for our boat club are posted on the web site in my signature. 

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    Ian, that "commercial" on your club's web site is a cool idea.  I might steal that idea from you.  We used to have a wait list for membership, but not for the past 5-6 years.  
  • Options
    BTW kudos to @raybo3 for starting this thread.  
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @LaRea - it is an old one though that I carried over when I rebuilt the site and we plan to make a new one this year. Already have some drone footage to use and will get more once the season starts.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    gack said:
    Yup, once you buy the slip.
    How much was the slip if you dont mind me asking?
  • Options
    04FV270riverrat04FV270riverrat Member Posts: 268 ✭✭✭
    My marina does not have a yacht club. The owner give out slips based on boat size and if you plan to take it out (we have a bunch of houseboats that don't run and are summer homes). We also only have 1 main walkway on either side of the head boat and slips are off of that, some are actual slips, some are just dock footage that the houseboats tie up to. Our rate is only $44 a foot for in water storage plus electric and ranges from $700-$1100 depending on size for dry storage on trailer and launching. It costs me about $1500 for the 270 for the May-October season. Here is a pic for reference on our weird slip layout. The smaller boats go in the bank facing slips and the larger boats/boatels go longways on the river side. One downside is we are not protected from waves, so barges and boaters that get too close or plow by rock the boats pretty good sometimes.

The best part is the marina has a full service bar/restaurant with live music every Fri and Sat night during the season. We love it!

• Options
    My son is moving to Lexington, later this month, from Orlando. What lake is this one?  We will go visit them in the spring. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    By no means a "Yacht Club" but a decent little marina. 100% privately owned, no committees or meetings, we're just renters. No pool, bar or clubhouse. Some annual events like a welcome back breakfast, mid summer BBQ and end of season party with live band. The first pic is an overview of the property showing the gravel parking lot. There is a "porta pottie" located at the edge of the parking lot. A large, electric lit with fan, but a porta pottie none the less. At the bottom of the pic you can see the tennis court area that was a passion of a previous owner, but now used as boat storage. This is where the cruisers are blocked for winter so a decent surface to work on. There is some power in this area, but no running water. Just past the tennis court area is a small building with 4 private bathrooms with flush toilets and showers. The second pic shows a closer view of my slip area. I'm right next to a little utility building, so no neighbour on that side. Boat shown with red canvas is not mine, the pic is a few years old. There is a very small slip in front of the building, but only holds a 15' day boat and we never see the owners. Not a fancy place but serves our purpose. Slips on Lake Simcoe are limited and as such, relatively expensive and most have extensive waiting lists. Ours is one of the least expensive on the lake. A bit further up the shore you can get covered slips and a pool and bar/restaurant but at a minimum a 30 foot cruiser will cost you about $6000 a year CDN. We pay $107 a foot, $125 for 30 Amp shore power. $14 a foot for fall haul out and block, $10 a foot for spring launch. Pump outs included once per week.  One nice thing is that they use the manufacturer model length, not L.O.A. so my 270 is charged as 27'.
    No potable water available, but a pump house (beside my slip) for lake water to rinse things off and do maintenance. For 2019 our 270 is going to cost us $4000 CDN which includes a small loyalty and cash discount.

"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Here’s my Marina, $70 a foot includes water and electric. It’s a town marina with 24 hour security. No club or pool. 

2008 330EC
  • Options
    @raybo3 , I paid $14k for my slip 10 years ago which is good for a boat 30' length and 10' beam.  Some slips go for up to $60-$70k depending on size and location.  The good thing is that it includes winter storage and you know where you will be every year.

• Options
    @gack , what marina are you in? 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Looks Pro. They do it up right in the USA.