Rinker 270EX Cruiser

raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com

Comments

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks very nice! As the owner of an 06 270....I like all of the changes to the deck layout except for the seat behind the helm- I would think sitting backwards to the direction of the boat bouncing around would not end well...maybe that's the way boats are being made today. I just have a lot more room on my deck than I see on boats my size which drove me to Rinker and my 270 in particular. Really pretty boat though, everything on mine just looks "old"! The new fabrics are really nice.
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @rasbury I'm the other way. I much prefer the rear facing seat with table and then transom seat. Much cosier when sitting with friends. I hate the wasted space of my big curved seat. As @Michael T ( I think) posted in another thread, the new 270 is actually about the size of the old 260. Our 270's are about the size of the new 290 So more room .
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
    I see your point @Willhound . I guess also with the molded in swim plat form compared to the older 270 it's 3' or so less in length through out the boat somewhere....I just like the more "open" area of my deck. It's usually just us on the boat or maybe another couple. Kids, well there usually below watching the dang TV with the A/C going....

• padec21padec21 Member Posts: 9
    edited June 2019
    new here. looking forward to learning a lot 
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Welcome to the RBOC

2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • MissLee2005MissLee2005 Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
    2005 Rinker 270FV old interior looked dated and shabby, emptied the wallet and hey presto...before...after :)
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MissLee2005 , looks great!
    2008 330EC
  • TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭✭
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks nice, I had to chuckle when you stated emptied the wallet. 
    Boat Name : 

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    randy56 said:
    Randy, its something that does not happen when you own an RV. 
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    randy56 said:
    Just wait until that shiny RV gets a little older. The same stuff that falls apart on a boat falls apart on an RV. The interior lights are the same. The AC unit is made by the same company as well as the fridge. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    The carpet in a boat kills me it just doesn’t belong maybe just a throw rug 
    randy56 said:
    Just wait until that shiny RV gets a little older. The same stuff that falls apart on a boat falls apart on an RV. The interior lights are the same. The AC unit is made by the same company as well as the fridge. 
    Wrong. AC is Coleman, fridge is Sanyo. Lights are LED and there are no outdrives LOL
    randy56 said:
    Wrong. AC is Coleman, fridge is Sanyo. Lights are LED and there are no outdrives LOL
    They all break at some point. You are correct, no outdrives. You still have tires, hubs, bearings that can break at a moments notice at 60MPH on the interstate. 
    Go Steelers!!!
    randy56 said:
    They all break at some point. You are correct, no outdrives. You still have tires, hubs, bearings that can break at a moments notice at 60MPH on the interstate. 
    You are so negative Greg!!
    Well I think it looks great...
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Handy  emptied his wallet when the purchase was made or high moly pmts' on a new top of the line rig, If it goes round and round up or down has ****'s or wheels someday it will cause you trouble.

@MissLee2005 should be very proud of his upgrade of the interior, looks very nice. Table is  awesome, fine looking seats, not to sure about those bony leg's in the mirror though.   
    Boat Name : 

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Very nice upgrade MissLee!  The table looks the same as mine & we love the teak look!  Enjoy!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Hi, have a problem with my Volvo D4-260, revs fine, turbo sounds like it’s working but the speed doesn’t come, max 8knots ....engineer says it’s the rubber bushes in the duoprop slipping, sound familiar to anyone? 
    randy56 said:
    That’s BOATS for you...”Bring Over Another Thousand Sir !!🤣
    randy56 said:
    Handy  emptied his wallet when the purchase was made or high moly pmts' on a new top of the line rig, If it goes round and round up or down has ****'s or wheels someday it will cause you trouble.

@MissLee2005 should be very proud of his upgrade of the interior, looks very nice. Table is  awesome, fine looking seats, not to sure about those bony leg's in the mirror though.   
    Yes the legs do rather spoil the photo! 
  • Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭
    randy56 said:
    Here is my RV as it sits right now. Everything costs you money, eventually.  
    2000 Captiva 232 
    Poor maintenance and early model
    Hi, have a problem with my Volvo D4-260, revs fine, turbo sounds like it’s working but the speed doesn’t come, max 8knots ....engineer says it’s the rubber bushes in the duoprop slipping, sound familiar to anyone? 
    Start a new thread for this
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod

Same could be said when it comes to boats too!  :)   Handy, I'm sure a lot of your extra boating costs could've been handled with better maintenance.  :)  & you had a one off model with those diesels!  (it's why your throttle cables were never adjusted correctly)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭
    You sound like my insurance company.  Immediately throwing out the "fake news" cause.  
    2000 Captiva 232 
    Start a new thread for this
    Done👍
    Dream_Inn said:

Same could be said when it comes to boats too!  :)   Handy, I'm sure a lot of your extra boating costs could've been handled with better maintenance.  :)  & you had a one off model with those diesels!  (it's why your throttle cables were never adjusted correctly)
    They were too short John
    That’s funny. A good friend of mine has an RV on a van chassis that is 3 years old. He bought it brand new. While traveling this fall, the roof pealed off. Oh, that’s right, stuff like this never happens to RV’s. 
    Go Steelers!!!
    Who said that?? Once again poor maintenance