1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lake Mich today. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not on the boat today, steamed up some clams and lobsters though.

2008 330EC
  • Options
  • Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beautiful pictures.... 
    but beat this one... I dare you: 

that would be my wife climbing aboard after a cool off dip.... she may have cooled off... i didn't.  
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    Suppose you follow the Potomac River to DC, then keep going.  Past Reagan Airport, past the Kennedy Center, Georgetown and the Key Bridge.  You go another three miles, where the river is narrow, fast and deep, with huge rocks on both sides.  Just past Chain Bridge, this is the sight that will greet you. 

Little Falls is the end of the tidal Potomac.  It's quite a thrill to see and hear the falls from the helm of a cruiser.  The river is maybe 60 feet wide there ... just enough room to hook a fast U-turn.  I felt like one of those Niagra Falls boats.

Had to grab my good camera for this shot.  

Wow not much room for error there!!
  • Options

Love those wrap around windows, looks like a perfect spot. 
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J3ff said:

Finally, a pontoon boat I respect!  It is not trying to be something it isn't or shouldn't be (namely a ski boat).
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,554 mod
    J3ff said:
    The fishermen and paddlers were looking at me like I was a space alien.  I would highly recommend this cruise to anybody that visits DC, but you need to be on your toes!  
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaRea said:
    J3ff said:
    The fishermen and paddlers were looking at me like I was a space alien.  I would highly recommend this cruise to anybody that visits DC, but you need to be on your toes!  
    Would be a great cruise after your quarantine is over
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Awesome picture
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Thank you @raybo3
    2008 330EC
  • Options
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These were taken last night on my old home lake in Northern Ontario. My nephews brand new Pontoon boat. That's my Dad who I haven't seen since he had a double bypass back in January. Cases here are low so we decided to take a chance on a visit, staying apart as well as we can. It's a beautiful area except for the 6 months of mosquitos and 8 months of snow.

"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭
    How far north? 
    Hoping to get my Dad out on our boat this year...but he’s not that nimble around docks anymore. Mom is pretty much bulletproof at the same age. 
    We’ll see.
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    aero3113 said:

I don't particularly care for flying but have always dreamed about having a pilots license and owning my own small plane...lol
  • Options
    Here is a couple of pictures of America's oldest lighthouse. Boston Light.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neat,  raybo, sometimes I'll drive out of my way to see a light house while on vacation. Do you have any idea when it was built? 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    @randy56 yes it was built in 1716. In 1998 they automated it but its still staffed by the USCG but for tours only. It's located at the "Little Brewster Island" in Boston Outer Harbor. 
  • Options
    Found it, and more pictures and info. interesting.

AddressLittle Brewster Island, Boston, MA
    Height89′
    Opened1716
    Automated1998

The historic Boston Light overlooks the sea from Little Brewster Island, casting a light beam 27 miles into the Atlantic. This island is home to the oldest continually used and last staffed lighthouse in the country, which dates back to the Revolutionary War. Prior to housing Boston Light, the island was used for sending signal fires to aid novice travelers navigating the dangerous sandbars and unpredictable weather.

Today, Little Brewster Island is an active U.S. Coast Guard navigational aid facility. To view this historic lighthouse or simply take in the beautiful views of the harbor, take a two-hour Boston Harbor Lighthouse Cruise narrated by National Park Service and U.S. Coast Guard staff.

The lighthouse survived invasion and war over the years. In 1774 the British overtook the island and Boston Light was partially destroyed. A new lighthouse was erected in place of the old in 1783, which still stands today. The tower was later raised to 89 feet in the 1850s to accommodate the new second order Fresnel lens.

Boat Name : 

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats Kool old guys giving us a history lesson. 
    Ps I have been to this light house.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    @reneechris14 who you calling old????? LOL Do you get to this area much? Let me know if your in Boston.
  • Options
    @reneechris14 HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL glad you got to see it. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried finding a picture but I guess it was to long ago.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct