Let’s See Your Rando Security Videos !!

aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
Let’s see your videos, doesn’t have to be from the boat! I’ll start….

The Famous “Rando” video

https://youtu.be/Erbq-lQM0pU

Hurricane from last year

https://youtu.be/aoaICv1iNq4

2008 330EC

Comments

• Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    Holy hurricane batman. Need a boathouse @aero3113 😉
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aqua_Aura I bought my cockpit cover after that!!
    2008 330EC
  • Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    Once I officially transfer the boathouse I'll add some cameras around it. Supposed to go Tuesday to the city office to file. 🤷🏽‍♂️ See what lurks in the night. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
    shawnmjr said:
    Well I have some videos off my house cameras of my neighbor across the street fist fighting and then grabbing a gun and shooting at them. I would share, but there is an open investigation on this and the detective got copies of my surveillance and it’s probably best not to share. Pretty crazy though, this kind of stuff doesn’t happen in my neighborhood. 
    I knew this would be a good topic!! LoL!
    2008 330EC
    shawnmjr said:
    Pretty amazing that your boat was in a hurricane and you still had good wifi for your camera. 
    Yea, wasn’t fun sitting at home watching it though. Luckily this is all that happened. Just a couple of broken bungees.

https://youtu.be/ds_6qDifsyk

2008 330EC
  • YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As the title says…

https://youtu.be/JtQJN5JXoCE
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
    That’s funny @YYZRC !!
    When you gotta go, YOU GATTA GO!!
    2008 330EC
    edited December 2021
    @rando3113 was targeted again!
    We had multiple attempts in our neighborhood and a few broken car windows this morning. This was at 5:48 am! Video and zoomed in pics were sent to the police. Neighbors that suffered damaged filed reports. Luckily no damage for us. 

Post edited by aero3113 on
    2008 330EC
    What’s he holding? Spark plug to shatter the window?
    I don’t know 🤷🏻‍♂️ 
    2008 330EC
  • TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭✭
    Always tell my kids don't leave anything in the car - in sight - because it could just attract unwanted attention. If you look through the windows of my car, looks like it just came from the showroom. Nothin' to see (or steal) here, just keep movin' on.
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You make me want to upgrade my camera system. 

Readers:  do not buy a Lorex (now FLIR) security camera system.  The cameras are good, but the software and customer support are terrible.  (Note, I'm a career engineer who can figure out almost anything.)  

Best guess:  Lorex had one person who developed their software platform in the 90's.  That person retired around ten years ago.  That's when the company stopped updating software.  Nobody at the company can figure out the legacy stuff, and they won't invest the money to develop new stuff.  It's absolutely primitive.  
    I’m extremely lucky. I had a $6,000 under water beacon for an airplane sitting right on the passenger seat. It just looks like an 8” silver tube. 
    2008 330EC
  • boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 797 ✭✭✭
    Have dashcams in me and wifes vehicles. Bought them after one night we were coming home from the marina and there is a 4 lane highway that we get on for about 1 mile. Saw a guy on a bicycle riding on the side of the road heading our direction. Just before we got to him he cut right in front of us heading straight at us in the middle of our lane. I braked and swerved to miss him. Mentioned it at the marina the next day and they said that it was 'Slick' and that he does that all the time but nobody knows why.
    So then towing our 9000lb boat a guy went through a stop sign right in front of us. Luckily I wasn't going fast > https://youtu.be/FoPXzsZgCIM

Then had a girl jump out in front of us one night > https://youtu.be/PE8PcjYNNY4

Had some moron pass cars on the wrong side of the road > https://youtu.be/C7ualwOVv1w

Then had a deer run out in front of us a few months ago. No idea how we didn't hit it > https://youtu.be/FsFLzqPEA5Q

Then just a few days ago were on a 4 lane again with a concrete barrier median and had a car coming at us in the left lane going the wrong direction. Didn't even realize it at first. Haven't pulled that from the camera yet but gonna go grab it now

• davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭
    This time of year our neighborhood gets hit multiple times. Mostly all unlocked cars that then give them access to the garage.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭
    I caught on my cameras a cat jumping up into my boat with my brand new Seadeck material on my swim platform.  The video was hilarious because you see me come running out the front door in my underwear HISSING as loud as possible at that stupid cat in my boat.  I downloaded it to save it, but forgot to transfer it to my newest phone hahahaha. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
    This time of year our neighborhood gets hit multiple times. Mostly all unlocked cars that then give them access to the garage.
    Yea, and my garage is attached to the house.
    2008 330EC
    edited December 2021
    Dashcam saved me from a very expensive ticket. A transport truck was pulled over/stopped just before a railroad crossing. I went past him just as he started to pull out. Cop pulled me over and accused me of passing in a railroad crossing (big ticket). I explained that the rig was stopped in a no stopping zone and that I had it on dashcam. End of story. 
  • skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭

2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3

2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
    Mr opposum
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 797 ✭✭✭
    boatman37 said:
    Then just a few days ago were on a 4 lane again with a concrete barrier median and had a car coming at us in the left lane going the wrong direction. Didn't even realize it at first. Haven't pulled that from the camera yet but gonna go grab it now

Just checked and my card was overwritten from that day. Crap

• earl1z19earl1z19 Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    aero3113 said:
    Yea, and my garage is attached to the house.
    Had that happen to a family member. They used the garage door opener to get into the house while they were sleeping. Not a good situation. Now if they leave their car in the driveway they disable the door opener as well as lock the car.
    That’s scary @earl1z19
    2008 330EC
    Agree!  Clip-on garage door openers are not secure.  If the car has a built-in door opener, such as HomeLink, that's more secure.  HomeLink needs the car key to open the garage door.
  • davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭
    In my neighborhood some folks  just dont learn.  Even though thier car gets robbed they dont lock it...or lock the door to the house in the garage.  I was talking to one family and they just couldnt understand why it kept happening to them.  Um.  Maybe because you make it easy?  My wife had her car broken into in a parking garage at her gym.  Someone looked in and saw an expensive purse.  Smashed the window and took off.  No cameras anywhere.  Almost like they knew.  Hmm
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
    @skennelly - opossums give me the creeps.  They are worse than clowns and carnies put together.   :#
    edited December 2021
    I've posted this one before.  My wife walks around the corner and startles this doe in the driveway, who then struggles for traction on the wet pavement.

https://studio.youtube.com/video/zsRhIZWXkwk/edit
    @Rando cam is up and running!!

2008 330EC
  • Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭
    This site doesn't like the mp4 format that my rando video is stored on.  So a rando guy, walked up my driveway, dressed in all black, with a black beanie even, and was very sketchy looking at my front porch, bending over looking for something at a distance.  I then watched him do this to a couple neighbors as well.   I thought he was looking for an easy break in or something.   
    What he ended up being, was a porch Pirate for his OWN package.  Another neighbor down the street caught him on camera, picking up a package off his porch.   It ended up being HIS, and Amazon delivered it to the wrong house.  
    Needless to say, if I would have caught this individual in person, scoping out my front door dressed like that, he would have been met with a very upset, and armed homeowner (me) hahaha.  What a dumbazz.  He didn't even knock on the neighbors door, that had the package delivered on his porch.   Dumb dumb dumb. 
    2000 Captiva 232