2023 A year of change

Comments

• GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 862 ✭✭✭
    @YYZRC, We launched last week and we were up on Sunday to tidy up the boat as much as possible with no  tap water. We had a buyer onboard yesterday with our broker, waiting too hear if they will go forward. Broker says the market is slower than he expected but expects it to pick up once all the boats are in the water.
  • YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There don't seem to be many boats listed yet, I keep forgetting that it's not even May.
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
    We will be arriving in Norfolk on Sunday for the AGLCA Spring Rendezvous starting on Monday finishing Thursday noon. We will then leave for Myrtle Beach which is where the Mainship 390 should be and do our visuals on Friday morning. Have to leave right after that for the long drive home as I have an important appointment early on the following Monday. All of this a bit of a rush but hopefully get some down time in Norfolk.
    The spring rendezvous was a wealth of information. Definitely recommend anyone considering the Great Loop to attend. Did our visual inspection of our pending new boat and all went well. It is expected back here at the Port of Orillia July 01 and then we proceed with surveys etc. We have some interest in our Rinker 342, weather has been cold and is just starting to warm. I think the high prices during Covid are starting to lower.
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s great, congrats! And great info above on the loop 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Great news!! 

I guess we are all selling our boats 🤔.  My buyers survey is today, nail biter 😂

Had to go back and read your first post. The 36 Monk Trawler is a great boat and looks like you are doing the similar path as us. Our accepted offer is on a 42 Hershine Trawler. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
    @Aqua_Aura, The Monk 36 failed survey and we are now in the process of buying a Mainship 390, waiting for it to arrive here and then do the survey. Hoping to start the loop by mid August this year.
    Ah that's too bad about the Monk but Mainships seem nice, I'm vaguely familiar. What did the Monk fail for, soft deck under the teak? Just guessing as that seems to be an issue with the teak decks. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
    It had 2 major problems. The keel was cracked which was annoying because I'm sure the owner knew about it. The bottom had been freshly painted at another yard from where it was stored. Fortunately my surveyor knew about an insurance claim, which he could not divulge to us, and spent some time going over the bottom. The other problem was the propane locker. It was under the flybridge helm and was not sealed so any propane fumes could could leak into the main cabin and from there into the bilge. It also had loose electrical wires in the locker creating a spark hazard. He condemned it meaning no one would insure the boat. It was quite a let down as we really liked the boat. 16 hours of driving, 2 nights in a hotel and the surveyors invoice but it saved us from buying a major headache.
    The keel and insurance claim seem definitely a no go. Interesting to hear about the propane locker as the one we are gonna survey next week has a "USCG approved" propane locker on the flybridge. 

🤞🏽 For the Mainship 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be asking for some of my money back through small claims court. You don't need an attorney and you may be able to get the records through the courts also. What a pos.
    @rasbury, thanks but would be difficult living in Canada and dealing with a Michigan court. 
    edited May 2023
    Well that sucks @Grahamu. When we bought ours after the survey they raised the price a grand..and it was already marginal...but I was in the almost same boat getting to that point...I get it.  I'd of flattened his tires and hauled **** across the border!
    We  are now Rinkerless, survey and sea trial went well, money is in the bank.  Our new boat is expected back in Orillia CDA on July 1st and after survey and sea trial take possession by July 15.
    Thanks again for all the help over the last 3 years. If there is interest I will try and post our adventures on the Great Loop starting in August.
    Take care, safe boating.
    Graham
    Absolutely! This forum is about a lot more than just rinkers- repairs and adventures translate to all boats. We may have "met" because a rinker but I dint think most stayed on the forum because of rinker.  So yes @Grahamu please share your new boat and new adventures with us!
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    @Grahamu congrats on the sale of your boat and good luck with the new one. You like all previous Rinker owners are always welcome to remain of the RBOC. Once Rinker is in your blood it's always in your blood.....lol  
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Aqua_Aura said:
    After all the work I have done on my Rinker I am pretty sure there is literally some Rinker in my blood and definitely some of my blood on the Rinker 😂
    I think I've donated a whole body's worth of blood to Rinkers over the last 20 years I've been working on them!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rasbury said:
    Absolutely! This forum is about a lot more than just rinkers- repairs and adventures translate to all boats. We may have "met" because a rinker but I dint think most stayed on the forum because of rinker.  So yes @Grahamu please share your new boat and new adventures with us!
    I don't even have a boat anymore, and am still on this forum. LOL.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    MarkB said:

I don't even have a boat anymore, and am still on this forum. LOL.
    LOL.....same here. Although I rarely post, every now and then I'll throw something in.
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Beauty @Grahamu ! Mazel tov and smooth sailing!

Looks like a nice Gala tender, too!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Burgee looks awesome -- congratulations!  
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations @Grahamu !! 🍾⚓️
    2008 330EC
  • Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 529 ✭✭✭
    Good for you @Grahamu  Living the dream!!! 
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Congratulations and best of luck. 

2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭
    That is awesome.  Post lots of pics.  Both of the boat and trip.

It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 879 ✭✭✭
    That’s terrific.  Congratulations.
    Yes, please put some pics up...beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.