POWERBOAT TELEVISION SHOW

SERENDIPITYSERENDIPITY Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
We encountered  the crew of the powerboat television show  at the BENJAMIN ISLANDS  .they were filming for the 2014 season .3 episodes  of the north channel  so if you see a fire  its us 

Comments

• mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod

I watch the show every week. I'll keep my eye out!

Mark

Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• BoatAwayBoatAway Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    you caught fire?!
  • bat32bat32 Member Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    OH BOY.  That's a way to make TV!!

• BoatAwayBoatAway Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    btw... Why did I not know this show existed? I went home and watched 6 episodes last night. It's my new vice....
  • KYSEANKYSEAN Member Posts: 121 ✭✭
    What channel is this on?
    2012 Rinker BR216 5.0

You can watch all episodes online here.  Up in Canada, it's on the Global network.

http://www.powerboattv.com/

Mark

2019 MTX20 Extreme

• KYSEANKYSEAN Member Posts: 121 ✭✭
    mvn said:

You can watch all episodes online here.  Up in Canada, it's on the Global network.

http://www.powerboattv.com/

Mark

Thank you

2012 Rinker BR216 5.0
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    I will watch it as soon as I can. Never heard of it either. BTW is just me or does Shop Shape TV really stink now. It just seems like a parts store ad.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    Look for the episode with Capt Steve traveling from West Palm Beach, Fla, to Freeport, Bahamas. On a 10' Sea Doo. 84 miles open water!
  • JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    I just discovered the show and have been watching episodes online. Pretty good show. I couldnt find any info on the website if its carried on any networks?
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Capt RonCapt Ron Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    Great show...been watching it for years.... The best place to watch them is on line because the air time is usually on Saturday and Sunday mornings. The only negative about online is the latest ones aren't included for awhile... they will eventually show up. My favourites are the places they cruise, cruiser testing and the how to.
  • Capt RonCapt Ron Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    They also have a magazine called Boats and Places.... they do three a season and usually include boat buyers guide with almost every type of boat and their pricing... a good guide. Here's their link:
    http://www.boatsandplaces.com/
  • SERENDIPITYSERENDIPITY Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    FOLLOW UP -let me  clarify the fire  comment ..it was  a camp fire on the rocks . a new  season starts in JANUARY 2014 .with scenes  from KILLARNEY -LITTLE  CURRENT  ,BENJAMINS  TO SAULT STE MARIE.Powerboat Televison  have a booth at the toronto boat show  jan 10 -19 2014 and sell there  season footage on a disk .hope this is informative to those who plan to cruise up the north shore of GEORGIAN BAY
    Yeah, pretty sure its filmed and broadcasted pretty much exclusively in Canada, but the episodes are available online.
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, its a Canadian company. They have filmed in lots of locations over the years. Most of the shows are pretty good, like any show they've had the odd dog but usually interesting. Available on the internet. They used to have archived shows but not sure if they still do.. MT

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A benefit to living near Canada and getting their TV / Radio channels!  Not to mention 19y/o to drink (college days...).

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
    True BD and we used to cross to your side for Bud! As for the PowerBoat TV show anyone can get about 4 years worth of shows as they are available on the internet! MT
    PBTV's 2014 Season Kicks Off This Weekend

Tune in to Global Television on Saturday, January 4th at 11 a.m. to check out the new season of PowerBoat Television. Catch all the excitement and see what's new in boats and boating for 2014. For episode lineups, show information, or to watch a missed episode in HD (or see your favourite show again), visit PowerBoat Television online anytime at powerboattv.com.

Mark

2019 MTX20 Extreme

edited January 2014
    Right On, Mark - we have been watching the show for years! MT P.S. I'm pretty sure the show also films in the U.S. too - is that correct Mark?
    Yeah they seem to sometimes come over here - the recent 246 review was on the american side (from Hideaway harbor).

BTW does the show come on CBC at all? Thats the only Canuckian channel I get. :)
    jtkz13 said:
    Yeah they seem to sometimes come over here - the recent 246 review was on the american side (from Hideaway harbor).

BTW does the show come on CBC at all? Thats the only Canuckian channel I get. :)

No, but after the show airs on Global, the show is posted on their website for viewing.

Mark

2019 MTX20 Extreme

Michael T said:
    Right On, Mark - we have been watching the show for years! MT P.S. I'm pretty sure the show also films in the U.S. too - is that correct Mark?

I have seen several segments shot in the US.

Mark

2019 MTX20 Extreme

J-13 - the CBC? God have mercy on you! Like Mark said I used to watch the show on Global but a lot of my friends just watch it via the internet. I think there are about 4 years of back shows on the net. There were some real good "how to fix it" segments and demonstrations from manufacturers of boating products too. MT
    Well beggers cant be choosers Mark. CBC is good for some off the wall old British TV shows and seeing what stupendously awful suit jacket Don Cherry is wearing.

But yeah I've watched all the episodes online, and that what I'll have to do for future episodes too.
    The new episodes will feature the north shore of Georgian Bay .-KILLARNEY TO SAULT STE MARIE The best boating in CANADA
    Just viewed the first episode of 2014  season .on global tv  ontario
    ..Each episode(13 in all) will be available on line a week after  telecast  .March 8 episode will feature RINKER 232.Check out  the powerboat television website for a description of all season 2014
    Watching it now. Gotta love that 37' centre console fishing rig powered by twin Volkswagen TDI diesels!

Mark
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

I agree  MARK  cheap on fuel
    We encountered  the crew of the powerboat television show  at the BENJAMIN ISLANDS  .they were filming for the 2014 season .3 episodes  of the north channel  so if you see a fire  its us 9Imeant a group of us around a shore campfire) .BENJAMIN ISLAND  episode will air  march 8

Steve, I don't like VW diesels. I'd rather have Yanmars, Cummings, Perkins or Cats. I think Yanmar is in the lead when it comes to diesel applications with sterndrives, although I hear Merc is right in there too. I don't know what platform Merc bases its diesels on. MT