Winter Storage Covers

I know you are fighting it, but you have to decide if you are going to shrinkwrap or invest in a cover this year. I am here to help. I rep 11 generic boat cover manufacturers and 1 custom guy who has just about every Rinker pattern on file. Call or email, at least for a quote. Thanks,
Darren Fitzgerald
darren@pmwinterboatcovers.com
856-857-7475
PM Winter Boat Covers
www.pmwinterboatcovers.com
OEM Rinker Canvas

Comments

• randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cover, Question, if I purchase the shrink, how can I shrink it? what tools do I need? have a 2003 270. Shoot me a price, shipping to 47630
    Boat Name : 

• chamberbchamberb Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    I could be mistaken but I think he is selling covers as an alternative to shrink wrapping. If you shrink wrap your own, all you need is a BIG propane torch. 
  • bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Be very careful If you do go the route of d.i.y shrink wrap and you get a hold of a BIG propane torch. My marina neighbor had his boat cockpit upholstery/all canvas/helm destroyed and the 2 boats on either side of him were totaled. This was by a horrible fire started by an inexperienced shrink wrapping debacle.
    That does not even sound safe. I will pass if that what you have to do. I'm not getting a weed burner near my watercraft.
    Boat Name : 

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Fisher covers are great!
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • coverguycoverguy Member Posts: 122 ✭✭
    Thank you Cableguy Greg, yes I believe Fisher Canvas makes the absolute best winter storage covers for boats. I have been his #1 dealer 3 years in a row, and Fred Fisher is a great guy.
    I do have the opportunity to sell shrinkwrapping equipment thru MESCO, I am a dealer for them. However, I will stick to selling boat covers.
    If I can help anyone with a winter storage cover, call or email.
    And as I have been doing for 4 years, a portion of every sale is donated to Jon Bon Jovi's Soul Kitchen in Red Bank, NJ where I volunteer. We feed needy families a 3 course meal with dignity. www.jbjsoulkitchen.org

Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
  • laureniac1laureniac1 Member Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
    So what is your email? Or just quote me for a 2005 fiesta 270 vee thanks
    Good Morning, if I have your email address I will send you the info and pricing on a winter storage cover. Please email me your email address:darren@pmwinterboatcovers.com.
    Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
    randy56 said:
    That does not even sound safe. I will pass if that what you have to do. I'm not getting a weed burner near my watercraft.

Do you have arch?
    Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
    @coverguy, yes, arch and TV antenna on top of arch.
    Boat Name : 

So what is your email? Or just quote me for a 2005 fiesta 270 vee thanks

do you have arch?
    Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    How about a quote for a 2004 270 Fiesta vee, no arch.   What's the difference between a mooring cover and a winter cover? 
    J3ff, mooring cover is what you put on when the boat is in the water and you are still going to use it for the season. The winter storage cover is what you put on when you are done with the boat for the season and keep it on til the spring. The winter storage cover is not a cover you take on and off every week.
    Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
    Got it... I usually have it shrinkwrapped... to the tune of 500 bucks... how much would a cover be? 
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod

For anyone contemplating whether to get a full winter cover or shrinkwrap, I'll tell you my experience.  I had a 310 for 7 years and the very first summer, I bought a Fischer cover for it.  People were thinking, man, you spent some money.  The next winter, hmmm, didn't spend anything.  You see where this is going.  After a few years I hear "we should really get one".  I had bought that cover new for $2100 (back in 2006).  I sold it with that boat.  First thing I did when I bought my 400, buy another cover.  This time, Fischer was going to make it 2 pieces.  I went with another option, having it custom made using stamoid light material.  This will be my 5th or 6th winter with it.  It is lighter than the one for my 310 and I still hear people say, "I should really have one made". 

I wax my boat before I put the cover on.  That is the greatest thing is pulling the boat out in mid March and she is ready to go!  All I have to do is put the plug in, push the button on the lift to put her in the water.  Clean as could be.  The Fischer cover is very much the same, but they do seem to make a bit more dust (still ok).  Just need to wash that off or use a leaf blower (before it rains on it after you remove it).

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

J3ff said:
    Got it... I usually have it shrinkwrapped... to the tune of 500 bucks... how much would a cover be? 
    working on your quote today. Usually a 3-4 year recapture, meaning if you are going to keep your boat for awhile a winter storage cover is the way to go. I need your email address, thanks.

Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
    sending you a PM
  • checkmatecheckmate Member Posts: 131 ✭✭✭
    I bought a used one off cover guy two years ago and it's paid for itself last year.  Love it except for how heavy it is.  But not complaining one bit considering I was paying $575 for shrink wrap every year.  Two thumbs up!!!
    my ears were ringing..........thank you checkmate. Fisher has switched to a lighter material now. Still the same great coverage, now a little lighter.
    Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
    I got most of your quotes done and sent over. I think I still need a couple email addresses from some of you. If you haven't received a quote yet, please send me your email address.
    You guys are awesome.
    Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
    Fisher has the full winter storage covers available in cotton canvas Sunforger material which is great for storage in cold climates, and we can al;so do your new cover in WeatherMax which is great for warmer weather. Call or email me for info and pricing.
    Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
    I can also help you sell any slightly used leftover boat covers if you guys have one laying around. Sold your boat and forgot to include the cover? Call or email me and I will sell it for you for a small commission.
    Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
    Thank you for all the requests for quotes. Call or email me if you are interested in a custom-made Fisher or if there are any generics that will work for your boat.
    Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
  • onislandtimeonislandtime Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    Getting late into this Discussion. Some people have quoted 2100 for this winter cover? Let me add my 2 cents. For about 2500 you can have the boat "clear coated" and never ever wax it again. Your car is not covered ever and it stays shiny! Use your money wisely. Nothing against a man trying to sell his product but for that money I would have the boat clear coated.
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think clear coat ends up peeling off of gelcoat. Thats why no boat has it unless its painted first?
  • onislandtimeonislandtime Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    @Handymans342 , I have never come across a person I know that had that problem. I only have experience in 10 years or less of a clear coat application. Can you refer me to the person that had this problem pls. It could have been the application or environment it was sprayed. All the high performance (expensive) boats are clear coated. They offer it on new boats as a add on. The add on from the manufacture is almost double what marinas will spray clear coat.

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The high performance boats are all painted
  • frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Just curious what type of clear coat are you using ?guest that the gelcoat has to be extra clean and sanded before. 
    being shiny is the last reason I'd cover the boat... more about water getting in and then freezing... you know, breaking things apart!
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod

I agree, I cover my boat for more reasons than keeping the outside clean.  It keeps the harmful UV rays off the inside/outside (yes, vinyl seats, etc in the cockpit).  It also keeps animals from making it their home.  Helps burglars from entering.  Keeps it warm inside for me to work on in winter.  Keeps it dry.  Yes, keeps it very clean.  & when I say clean, I'm not talking just the gel coat, but all the crevices dirt can get it,  Also keeps water from laying and freezing and expanding, breaking things.  Over the years I can show you my boat compared to other dock neighbors that didn't have the cover on and how much nicer it keeps it.  I'm not necessarily promoting coverguy or anyone in specific...just covering the boat all up.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express