Next Tuesday

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2016 in Non-Boating Related
No matter where I go here in Palm Springs the talk poolside, at restaurants, on the golf course and in the media is about the coming Presidential and Congressional votes. I hear a lot of concern voiced. FWIW here's a non-American's view: Having spent three years in American schools and having a lot of American friends - I believe 100% no matter how the vote goes on Tuesday the U.S.A. will pull together and remain a strong and vibrant International leader. I have faith. My best wishes to everyone regarding this event!

Comments

• randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Michael T I'm glad you are confident, Having love this country and proud to be an American. I have great faith in the people, However not so much in the Leadership. Having studied both party's plan's for our future, and what happens to our national dept, economy and job's, investments, taxes, heath care, education. It's scary to say the least. Whoever wins could have a seismic impact.  Not promoting any party, just stating the facts. It's going to be interesting. 
    Boat Name : 

• bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are not supposed to discuss politics on this forum!
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or the Cubs.   :D

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    x
    Post edited by LaRea on
    Well anyone who votes for the most corrupt and dishonest women EVER ought to have their head examined. 
    When we decide to accept the level of dishonesty in our leaders, we are doomed. 
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod

Well said Handy!

Go Indians!  Oh wait, games are over.  Oh well, maybe next year.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Well anyone who votes for the most corrupt and dishonest women EVER ought to have their head examined. 
    Really Handy so we are supposed to vote for a cartoon character and bafoon???? You are correct about one thing. We should not talk politics. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    I didn't say who to vote for only who not to
    There are only 2 candidates bro......LOL
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raybo3 said:
    There are actually 4. Unfortunately 2 of them don't get much air time.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
    raybo3 said:
    There are actually 4. Unfortunately 2 of them don't get much air time.
    Yeah Ray
    I know but I did not think anybody else did...........LOL
  • TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    When we were on our 2010 loop trip and on the Illinois River we got to a really nice boat club. Lots of fun and friendly people.  The folks on the boat next door to our dock were engaging and fun to talk to.  They invited us aboard their boat, a Bayliner.  A nice boat.  While below, we noticed a couple of signed photographs of Obama.  When they saw that we noticed and we did not leave or otherwise "throw up,"  they told us that they were basically ostracized by their dock mates.  We enjoyed their company and were able to have a rational discussion of our different political views.  Even though they were wrong according to our analysis.
    LOL. Did they offer you koolaid too?
    We all realize this is a boating forum, and politic's are not so Kosher, Our boat's are put up, well for most of us, this is a major event in the US. As world series, As Super bowl,  As a Hurricane,  I have not read in the forum rule book where,  we cannot have an adult rational  discussion, With out promoting a candidate or party.    
     Just sayin......... So here is part two of thoughts on Next Tuesday.
    Economy and Terrorism are the top issues for voters in 2016, Here is a top 10 list of what registered votes saying is very important to there vote in 2016.
    Topic                                                            percentage 
    Economy                                                           84
    Terrorism                                                          80
    Foreign Policy                                                    75
    Health Care                                                       74
    Gun Policy                                                         72
    Immigration                                                      70
    Social Security                                                   67
    Education                                                          66
    Supreme court appointments                             65
    Treatment of Racial& ethnic minorities               63

Boat Name : 

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having lived all over the world I remain convinced of the strength of Americans, who sometimes have strong opinions that can lead to strong discussions but who have each others' backs when the chips are down. You have to love that kind of democracy as it is not a democracy merely in word or merely of convenience but a true form of democracy that honors the very definition - which I, north of the 49th parallel really admire.
    Its always interesting what others think outside our country. It goes without saying the US will have Canada's back if need be. 
    Boat Name : 

• bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    randy56 said:
    Its always interesting what others think outside our country. It goes without saying the US will have Canada's back if need be. 
    I HOPE CANADA HAS MY BACK IF TRUMP WINS AND I'VE GOT TO MOVE UP THERE ! 
    ;-)
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Canadians always welcome our American brothers with open arms....hopefully the visit is related to dropping-in for some beers, gas, to boat or in @bry1429's case -  to buy a boat! - which was awesome!:-)
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    x
    Post edited by LaRea on
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    here here! Life will move forward!
    The sheep are finally waking up
  • jhofmannjhofmann Member Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    It's like having to choose between a root canal and a colonoscopy, both are not what we would like, but both are necessary at times.
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    jhofmann said:
    It's like having to choose between a root canal and a colonoscopy, both are not what we would like, but both are necessary at times.

LOL!  One I hope to never have to do (others can avoid as well with good preventive maintenance) and the other, well I guess it'll come sooner or later with age!   Hmmm, I guess it is like the candidates!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• pault1216pault1216 Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
    I respect the rights and opinions of others. That said, I will NEVER leave the USA no matter who the president may be. I will defend it with my life and do anything in my power to see it prevail. And with Veteran's Day upon us, I thank ALL vets who served in peacetime and in war for their service. -Paul
    Have I told anyone I hate politics?????? I just can not vote for a cartoon character bafoon......... Just say'n....
    Better than the alternative
    No Handy he is not........... But she is no bargain......She is much more the lesser of 2 evils.............