Interested in getting props refinished, worth it?

124»

Comments

• wm61356wm61356 Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    Handy- There ya go...another advantage of the 4 blade props. You're always looking at the bright side of things. LOL
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod

@wm61356 - yes, you should see the same results that I'm having and yes, I'm having the same cruise speed with 300rpm less.  It is fantastic!!  I would advise anyone with a larger cruiser (over 30') with B-2 drives, to look into using these props.  I have no affiliation with them, but I took the chance and the results are well worth the price.  I'll even add, it is noticeably quieter.  My kids were even amazed and noted how quick we were to plane and thought it was quieter (one of the older - 2 month old - 3 blade props had some marks on it from cavitation...those of you that followed all the work done on my boat would know why...so that may be partially why it was quieter with the new props).

I think I can now beat those B-3 drive guys getting on plane!  I'm soon going to race to plane with an identical boat (my dock neighbor has one just a year older).  I'll let you know the results.  Actually, it'll be on the way up to Rinkervous in July!  I'd race the other dock neighbor with diesels but it's no battle. :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does your dock neighbor have B3s or B2s?
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    Does your dock neighbor have B3s or B2s?

B3s...we've compared over the past and most things are about the same between the two.  Efficiency and hole shot at least. 

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well keep us posted on the results. 
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must say they do look good.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm impressed. Thought after buying my 4 blade, you would notice a good difference. My cruse speed went down along with rpm, about the same 300-400 rpm slower still staying on plane. with 3x3 blades always had to run 4000 rpm to stay up, now 3700 rpm give or take, which save's fuel on long runs. Not having the modern vessel view, I cannot tell you exact #'s but you can feel the difference. 
    Boat Name :