Options

Is Your Colored Hull Chalky?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He said to wax it every 2 months after I wash it and it should last a year minimum. And if it did get hazy again then he just has to buff it and wax. No sanding
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great price, 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    He said he will do the whole boat next time for 650
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next time, how long will that be? one year ya say, that sun is hot down there, maybe you should flip your boat around mid summer, like a hot chick getting a suntan. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    They make a solar shade that would stretch down to the dock. May look in to that
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been thinking about something like that even sitting on my trailer. One for the front deck as well that goes across the bow rails and then an extension for the mooring cover that goes to the ground. I sanded mine out when I first bought it, used 3m heavy oxidation and buffed it out and then used a marine wax and pretty impressed how well it holds up but it is at least a yearly thing for sure. Did not use any paper on it this year- probably needed to for a show room look but I figure thee is only so much gelcoat to work with. Will leave that last sanding for the potential new owner!