200 miles under the keel in one day ... or, how a house fire ruined our cruise

123457»

Comments

• skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks.  Yeah it's a huge improvement.  My wife's only complaint is the tall upper cabinets.  We need a stool to reach the top shelves.

2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,722 mod
    LaRea said:
    Here's the Dream Garage, version 4.0.  Everything you see here is work originally done by me and the Admiral, and rebuilt by the contractor.  Drywall, flooring, crown molding, cabinets -- we did it all over a period of ten years, and they rebuilt it for us.  The Admiral is the designer ... I'm just the engineer and laborer.  

Some of you folks will remember my renovation after a fire in 2019.  Do you know anybody who wants to move to the DC area and live in a great house close to a yacht club?  

The house goes on the market tomorrow.  We've made it 100% perfect beyond anything I could have imagined.  For privacy, and because RBOC is a not-for-profit site, I won't post details here.  If interested or just curious, PM me and I'll send the link when the ad goes live.  

It's complicated.  We're going to rent a friend's house about 100 yards away, because I can't give up my slip at the marina!  The house is a reno project.  It's in rough shape, but it has an incredible view 6 miles down the Potomac.   Will be worth the effort -- and I've already invested a bunch of sweat equity.  

It's exciting -- and exhausting.  
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LaRea......beautiful work - no room for a lift or a 360 degree carousel? Come on man!
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,652 mod
    Wow!  I can't believe you are selling the house!  Beautiful place and I'm sure someone will be very happy with it.  We've gotta meet up sometime and catch up on everything.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭✭
    that’s some garage 
    Thanks @GMSLITHO - I will hate to leave it.  I recently installed heat/air in the garage!
    Yes, a Mr. Cool mini-split.  If you are okay with having the plumbing visible outside the building, it's an easy install.  In my case, I had to conceal it, which added a lot of time.  Since the installation, we haven't been in severe hot or cold.  But it will be VERY nice having AC in the garage! Hoping buyers will agree.