Options

Rinker 330/340 2008+ Random Topics

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are some pics of the amp if it helps.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    @LaRea hpf   Lpf
    If I remember you owe him drinks
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vents were in rough shape. Replaced with new. 

Only bleeding a bit!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    @LaRea hpf   Lpf
    If I remember you owe him drinks
    LoL!! Yes! That still stands!!!!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    I mentioned to my wife about how good the speakers sounded the other day 👍.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,564 mod
    YYZRC said:
    Why is there a half a$$ breaker “panel” behind the transom door?! 
    It's a safety breaker.  If the shore power inlet is more than 10 feet away from the main breaker panel, ABYC requires a separate breaker near the shore power inlet.  

Whenever you disconnect shore power, you should ALWAYS turn these breakers off to ensure there's no current flowing through the plugs.  If there's current, unplugging causes a spark that damages the plug and receptacle.  If you do it enough times, it can create a fire hazard.  

Having a breaker in the cockpit means you can disconnect without going down into the cabin.  You can also flip the breaker at the power pedestal on the dock.  Either way, you don't want any current flowing when you unplug.  
  • Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 880 ✭✭✭
    “ You can also flip the breaker at the power pedestal at the dock”
    @LaRea I always unplug cord at dock pedestal 1st.  Does that accomplish the same thing?
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,562 mod
    Spyderweb said:
    “ You can also flip the breaker at the power pedestal at the dock”
    @LaRea I always unplug cord at dock pedestal 1st.  Does that accomplish the same thing?
    You want to turn off power before unplugging cord.  If something is still powered up while you unplug, you risk arcing.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,564 mod
    Like DI said ... current will arc across the gap as you unplug.  The arc makes a little burn mark on the connectors.  After you get a few burns, it increases the resistance of the connection.  Resistance creates heat proportional to the current you draw.  Eventually, the plug and receptacle can get hot enough to melt and cause a fire.

The safest way to disconnect power is at a circuit breaker ... on the pedestal, at the boat's main panel, or at the safety disconnect in the cockpit.  Then you can unplug the cords safely.  

Inspect both ends of your cords, and both receptacles (dock and boat).  If you see any black discoloration, and/or if anything gets hot during normal use, you might need to replace them.  
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @aero3113 - I am going to tackle adjusting my trim senders this weekend (swimming). Do you know what ohms they should be reading up and down?

thanks!
    Post edited by YYZRC on
  • Options
    Had her up on plane for the first time since I got it. 40mph at 4700 RPM in a light chop with no tabs and only a bit of trimming. Seems a bit slow?
  • Options
    @YYZRC I’m just over 40 MPH @ 5000 RPM’s . Max RPM’s @ WOT should be between 4600-5000. Seems like your on target. Remember, I have 20P 4X4’s so numbers will be a little different.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    I feel better now, thanks!

Did you adjust your throttle cables so the helm levers are in sync? If so, did you just spin the black cylinder on the cable mount at the engine? Mine are a bit off after replacing the cables and binnacle. 
  • Options
    Mine are the slightest bit off, I’m going to live with it. I’m not 100% sure if that’s the correct spot to adjust it. You can adjust them at the black cylinder, but there’s a chance you will change your idle speed. Do a half turn at a time then run the engine and see where you idle is, then take it out for a run and see how close they match. Here is what mine look like.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I spun it twice and it got better and no change to idle. Going to spin it again tonight. 
  • Options
    That’s great, it depends which way you had to spin it, if you went the other way idle probably would’ve changed.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    So here’s a fun one. 

At launch the marina offered a fuel service at a great rate. So I took them up on it knowing I had about 1/2 tank in each. 

I got my VesselView working over the past two weeks and I was working at configuring the fuel sensors. The starboard reading was consistently 39 which I took to mean 39 ohms which is close to full so I set it as 100%. Today I was out on the water with my little guy and after a trip to the beach (45 mins each way) I decided to refuel before docking. Left pump is port tank, right is starboard. Starboard tank took over 300 litres. 

I guess the marina didn’t fill the starboard tank. Really glad I didn’t run out. 
  • Options
    @aero3113 we both went from 25 to 35 footers... I am not sure your thoughts but I have to say that I find the 330 handles a good chop effortlessly. I would have been a bit uneasy this afternoon in my old boat but the 330 was rock steady. 
  • Options
    YYZRC said:
    @aero3113 we both went from 25 to 35 footers... I am not sure your thoughts but I have to say that I find the 330 handles a good chop effortlessly. I would have been a bit uneasy this afternoon in my old boat but the 330 was rock steady. 
    I feel exactly the same. A couple of times we’ve been out this season I told my wife if we were in our old boat it would’ve been very uncomfortable. The boat cuts through wakes like nothing also. 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    @aero3113, do you know what type of fan motor we have in our AC unit? Mine is cycling a lot and trying to figure out why - already had it topped up with R22. Mine is set to “shaded pole”. 

• Options
    No, I don’t know.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Any recommendations on a cheap and easy to stow stern anchor? Weight? Mostly used in sand/muck. 

I had a Danforth before and it was sufficient. 

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's pretty much what I use. Had two on my old boat and kept one when it sold.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Thanks! What’s the purpose of the “post” that extends to either side of the flukes? Is it to keep it from sitting on its side? Would be a lot easier to store without them...
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I beleive so. Mine is a little smaller and the rods don't extend out quite so far. I think it also helps to pull the anchor out of the muck so that when you pull in the opposite direction it rides on that rod.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    My port mercathode breaker is missing its spade connector. Can’t find it anywhere in the harness!

• Options
    When I get a chance, I’ll check my old spare panel and see if there should be a wire on it.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Thanks!!
  • Options
    Willhound said:
    I beleive so. Mine is a little smaller and the rods don't extend out quite so far. I think it also helps to pull the anchor out of the muck so that when you pull in the opposite direction it rides on that rod.
    I went with a Bruce and I’m very happy! Way easier to stow and it hooked up extremely well despite no chain (sand bottom). Slept on the hook at Beckwith last night.