Options

NHL hockey thread

Comments

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are the habs and the hab nots.  They gotta start scoring goals quickly to get back in this. 

Did anyone else foresee 2 eastern division teams playing in the finals?
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    edited October 2021
    For Caps road games this preseason, I've been watching some of the local TV feeds, and they have been interesting.

The guys calling the New Jersey game were a couple of hacks.  It was like sitting at a game in front of two rando Jersey knuckleheads who talk a lot.  

Totally different story in BOS.  Those guys were on point.  They know the game and call it well.  And the color guy says things like "Chahhhlie Coyle is having a great stahhht to the season!"

I admit I'm spoiled as a Caps fan.  The team of Joe Beninati and Craig Laughlin is one of the best in the business.  Those guys crack me up.  

I'm ready for the season to start!
  • Options
    Tonight, because of the NHL's new drug deal with content providers, I got conned into signing up for a "free" Hulu trial that cost me twenty bucks.  What a load of crap. 

The free trial is absolutely 100% free, except that it costs $2.  But wait -- even with the top-tier "ad free" package, it has a ton of ads that you can't skip.  To skip the ads, it's another $18 -- during the so-called free trial.  Which I paid.  And guess what:  after paying a total of $20, I still had to watch effing commercials.  

I feel like such a tool.  
  • Options
    What happened to the leafs last night? Pens waxed them with a somewhat  AHL team.
  • Options
    Don't know, but I know the Caps found a way to stay just behind the Pens.  

What's up with Sid's wrist injury?  I'm an expert in that department, having endured decades of wrist injuries, surgeries, rehab and pain on both wrists.  It's a bad, bad injury for a hockey player.  
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well OVI is now only 4 goals behind Hull. Unreal
  • Options
    Already passed Hull and the Great One for multi-goal road games ... I feel fortunate to have been a Caps fan during this era.
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    Don't know, but I know the Caps found a way to stay just behind the Pens.  

What's up with Sid's wrist injury?  I'm an expert in that department, having endured decades of wrist injuries, surgeries, rehab and pain on both wrists.  It's a bad, bad injury for a hockey player.  
    It's an injury he's nursed for years.  Finally got to the point he didn't feel a summer of rest would get him through another season.

The AHL level patch work pens played to their actual skill level last night.  The defending Champs didn't seem to break a sweat
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll add the Blackhawks are so F'd as a team.  Went from one of the greatest franchises to a complete shitshow.  Friend of mine went to college with the Aldrich guy and was "friends" until all that went down.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    skennelly said:
    I'll add the Blackhawks are so F'd as a team.  Went from one of the greatest franchises to a complete shitshow.  Friend of mine went to college with the Aldrich guy and was "friends" until all that went down.
    You sound like a wings fan.  Remember the time Hosa left the pens to join the wings and told the press he did so because he thought he had a better chance at the cup with the wings?  Then lost in then finals,  to the pens. 

Great times.  
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    @PickleRick - Nope I'm a Blackhawks fan...but honestly haven't watched much of their games mostly for lack of time.  But what the story shows is that the franchise doesn't have any leadership....players and coaches included.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    Tough night for the Penguins.  The Caps had goals from six different guys, starting with a shorty.  It was good to see Crosby on the ice, but he's not really back yet.  It was total domination by the Caps.

We had amazing seats ... 2nd level, center ice, 2nd row.  The place was packed.  Totally worth paying twenty bucks a glass for crappy rail gin on the rocks.
  • Options
    And Crosby showed what a dirty player he is. 
  • Options
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Hard to tell from that angle what Crosby was upset with. 

I'd need to see the view from the other side of the ice to be sure but 42 only has his right hand on his stick. 

Judging from their body positioning and how quickly Crosby is slowing at contact I'd assume 42 either cup checked Crosby or is grabbing him or his stick.  Whatever he did to pi$$ off Crosby ,  he'll think twice before doing it again. 

The players safety committe is a joke .   Non calls on the ice lead to players  enforcing their own punishment.   

Post edited by raybo3 on
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Just heard a report that the Fenway Sports Group is close to buying the Pen's. This is very interesting because they are partners with the Bruins in ownership of NESN. Conflict of Interest???????? 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    I just saw that. Pens are about to hit  a rebuild period.  The last one took them over a decade.   It's a good time to sell while stock is still high. 

How can you follow  the pens a 66 and then  87? 

• Options
    Whoever designed the new chrome lids for the LA Kings seems to be a fan of the 1982 sci-fi movie Tron.

• Options
    Caps!!! Best team in the League!!!!
  • Options
    Canes have two games in hand ... but the Caps did have a really nice weekend!
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    Canes have two games in hand ... but the Caps did have a really nice weekend!
    So did the great 8
  • Options
    Hey @raybo3. OVI just hit #750. 
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Ovi blows
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    He's on pace to score 60 goals and 60 assists.  If he continues developing as a player, he could turn into a serious offensive threat.   :D
  • Options
    Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
    All you Cap fans better watch out for my Rangers. One point back with two games in hand
  • Options
    No doubt.  The Rangers are HOT right now, but they don't play the Caps until the end of February.
  • Options
    Pat310 said:
    All you Cap fans better watch out for my Rangers. One point back with two games in hand
    Well you jinxed your Rangers as they got crushed last night
  • Options
    Understandable. Started call up goalie on the second night of back to backs
  • Options
    @Pat310 - not an Islanders fan?  Rough year for them.
  • Options
    Born and raised in Brooklyn. So Mets Jets Knicks and Rangers. Pretty rough huh?