Options

NHL hockey thread

1222324252628»

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like a shift against Ovechkin - I have a couple of tricks picked-up over 30 years of Canadian hockey that I would be happy to share with a guy who admires Putin. I wasn't violent but at 6'6" and 235 I could handle myself. Too old now but if I could time warp it Ovechkin would definitely access his dental plan. Sorry but I hate the A-Holl - not the team - my cousin's son used to play for the team.

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michael T said:
    I'd like a shift against Ovechkin - I have a couple of tricks picked-up over 30 years of Canadian hockey that I would be happy to share with a guy who admires Putin. I wasn't violent but at 6'6" and 235 I could handle myself. Too old now but if I could time warp it Ovechkin would definitely access his dental plan. Sorry but I hate the A-Holl - not the team - my cousin's son used to play for the team.

OVI is 6 ft 4 and 235. Russian machine never breaks lol
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    @raybo3 Bruins choked too
    I told you. They lost to a better team. The B's were built to make the playoffs but not to win in the playoffs. They are too small and too slow. The get beat up real bad in the playoffs.... Just say'n
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    edited April 2023
    What a season this has been so far for my Bruins. Can't wait for the Playoffs........ 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    raybo3 said:
    @raybo3 Bruins choked too
    I told you. They lost to a better team. The B's were built to make the playoffs but not to win in the playoffs. They are too small and too slow. The get beat up real bad in the playoffs.... Just say'n
    Pens dominated the 16/17 playoffs because they were faster than their competition.  That relentless attack style doesn't need to be big, just needs to cycle the puck in your zone long enough to wear you down.  The end result is likely a drawn penalty or a goal or both.    The only retaliation you need to make to cheap/late shots are shots on goal.    I wish Mike Sullivan would either adjust his preferred game plan to fit the his players on the ice.  We are no longer a fast team, the defense is too slow and/or not skilled enough to start the break out.   We are old and slow.    Jim Rutherford killed us with bad contacts, Hextall has just made the hole deeper.  

The devils are insanely fast and play a disciplined game at both ends.  I feel they are the team to beat this year.  It's odd seeing the devil's, a team synonymous with trap style, low goal scoring, boring hockey playing a fast paced 200 ft game.  

• Options
    So, likely an unpopular opinion here for many of you Canucks....but....Dubas is in Pittsburgh.  Pittsburgh loves heros.  Even when we don't win cups we loved Mario and Crosby.   Toronto seems like like a high stress job even for the towel boy when it comes to the leafs.   Kessel is still trolling the Toronto media while the leafs still pickup part of his pay check to win 3 cups for their competition.  

All that comes down to this.   Is Canada going to shut down their border tighter than COVID if Matthews doesn't resign before next season?   I feel if he doesn't sing a new contract before the end of next season that is the only way they will be keeping him north of the border. 

Matthews probably has the meanest snap/wrist shot since Messier.   The negative to that heel-toe drag quick shot is Matthews has been plagued with hand/wrist injuries the past few seasons.  Even with his injuries that affect his shot he's still likely to be top 10 in points/goals for years to come.   Everyone raves on Sydney Crosby's 200ft game, I consider Matthews to be equal.   His advanced statics agree.  

He will likely demand 15 to 17 million a year on a long term contract that will extend well into his 30s. 

Pens core group of Letang, Crosby and Malkin are about to age out.  Matthews could ride off into the sunset playing for a contender in a city who doesn't have a paparazzi media.   Matthews could come in be the #1 guy.  

Dubas is already well aquatinted with Matthews management team.   Matthews saw how Pittsburgh welcomed Kessel and still wear his jersey today.   

Does Matthews come to Pittsburgh????

Line one with Matthews, line two with Crosby and line 3 with Malkin.   If the pens want one more run at the cup before the core retires they will mortgage off the house to land Matthews. 
  • Options
    Any of you fellow metro division fans a little nervous after seeing the pens land Karlsson?   Letang and Karlsson splitting PP1 and PP2 is going to be quite the challenge.  Both of them are equally dangerous on the break out.   Just hope the moves to make our bottom 6 both faster and more responsible pays off.   Really hope Carter spends the season in the press box.  Dude can take face offs but I could skate circles around him even after a 6 pack.... which happens to be the minimum amount required for me to watch each pens game last season.  
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    My youngest son starts next month as the assistant hockey coach at West Point 
  • Options
  • Options
    Great game last night 
  • Options
    First time in team history - Army West Point Club Hockey is heading to ACHA D2 National Championships in St Louis, MO. March 11-15, 2024.
  • Options
    Your team is doing much better than mine.  I'm playing lower D beer league with my 15 yr old son who's 6ft 170 lbs.   He's under 18 but due to his size and being a non contact beginners league they haven't asked any questions.   He's only taken an interest in playing about 18 months ago so the kids his age would slaughter him in the local leagues .  We're 1-7.    

But it's a great group of guys, most of them have maybe one or two season of playing experience.   I'm not allowed to play to a level that would stand out and get me booted out.  I'm m trying to do the play/coach roll.   

The teammates don't know my kids age, just that he's my kid so he gets a kick out of being offered a beer after every game.    

• Options
    Rick my son is the assistant coach for the team