Options

NHL hockey thread

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    @Handymans342 you were the one that told me how great Tuukka was. He certainly didn't play well last night. I do think he is hurt but if you can't perform you shouldn't be out there. Also don't count your chickens before they hatch............ Just say'n

2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    edited June 2021
    The Dirty Bruins played a relatively clean game last night.  I actually have no complaints about Marchand, and his goal in the second was amazing.  But the star of the game was definitely Semyon Varlamov with 40 saves for NYI.  

Bergeron kept getting tossed from the faceoff dot, and he kept refusing to leave.  That was kind of strange.  
    Post edited by LaRea on
  • Options
    @LaRea Varlamov is the back up. That kid has been great the whole series. You know what is funny? A cap's fan calling another team dirty, well I guess if someone knows anything about dirty it would be a cap's fan.....LOL
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    I noticed that DOPS gave Krejci the maximum possible fine for his brutal attack on Barzal. 

It should have been game misconduct and 10-game suspension.  Krejci is a dirtbag who has intent to injure on every play.  He shouldn't be allowed to lace up.  I'd break a stick over his head.  (Oh, wait - I can't use those lines!!  They are all trademarked by @raybo3:D  ) 
  • Options
    Now we all know the DOPS is a joke. If they really knew what they were doing Wilson would have a lifetime ban.
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goodbye DIRTY Bs!!!!  Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • Options
    Man, I did not see that coming.  After the B's coach got fined $25k for those comments about the refs, I thought they would be fired up and beat NYI at home.  
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    How many playoff series wins does trotz have since he left the caps and took over the Islanders vs how many playoff series wins do the caps have since he left?

He's a heII of a coach to be able to do what he's done with a lesser talent team than his competition 
    Post edited by raybo3 on
  • Options
    Tell me about it.  Losing Trotz and Lambert was the dumbest management decision I've ever seen.  I thought they would be a long-term thing for the Caps.  
  • Options
    How many playoff series wins does trotz have since he left the caps and took over the Islanders vs how many playoff series wins do the caps have since he left?

He's a **** of a coach to be able to do what he's done with a lesser talent team than his competition 
    Caps didn’t want to pay him and now we are on our second coach
  • Options
    The Bruins didn't play well at all. Got to hand it to the Islanders and their backup goalie. I think you have seen the last game Tuukka plays with the B's. He really is a no show in big games. I actually talked to handy about this. I think Tampa is going to be real hard to beat. There is a silver lining to the B's losing, now handy has nothing to complain about and can start picking on owning a boat and how much it cost again....... Bahahahahaha
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I had picked the avs and bolts in the finals but it looks like Vegas may screw that for me. Flury is playing lights out hockey.  It seems that pens made a huge mistake protecting Murray and letting flower go. We are now shopping for a veteran goalie to help mentor Jarry, something flurry would be terrific with. 

The city and fans love him, they gave him a huge standing ovation the first time Vegas played at the PPG with him.  You could see tears in his eyes, the water bottle to the eyes was a nice ploy to cover that.  You know the still has a huge interest in Pittsburgh with his charity foundation.  He was one of the first puzzle pieces to help bring competitive hockey back to the steel city.  I put him up there with top 10 best players to suit up in the black and gold.  

I hate to say it but at this point I'm pulling for Vegas.  Flury went from undisputed starter to back up with a coaching change, his agent went as far as posting a pic with a Vegas sword through his goalies back.  Flurry kept that signature smile on his face, now he's back as the starter.  They say him one game to start the 2nd round and Vegas was demolished.   Id like to see him boost his 4th cup even if it isn't in Pittsburgh.

• Options
    We just watched the third of the Bruins game that we missed last night.  

One last dig at @raybo3.  The Dirty Bruins lost because they abandoned their identity.  When they played dirty hockey against the Caps, they won.  Once they started trying to play clean, they lost.  

And those New York fans ... boy do they love singing together!  Everything has to be a song.  They even drink at the same time.  You can actually hear when they all shut up at the same time to take a pull from their beers.  
  • Options
    Also, the New York Times can't be bothered with coverage of the Islanders.  In DC, that game would have been front page above the fold.  
  • Options
    @LaRea I guess you just dont know what dirty hockey is.  I cant get over how someone that is a Cap's fan and roots for dirt bag Wilson has the balls to call any team dirty. That like owning a Rinker and calling it a Searay....... Its just downright criminal......
  • Options
    Your teams are dirty, but are they 1970s Flyers dirty?
  • Options
    @Raybo3 is blind in one eye and cant see out of the other. Every team has dirty players who make Dirty hits. Wilson is just more flamboyant about it and gets more coverage. It sells tickets. 
  • Options
    Back to my previous comment.  My tribe is good and true, and other tribes are bad and false.  It's why arguing about sports is so much fun.  
  • Options
    I dont see anyone on the Bruins using a guys head as a basketball or slamming their head against the glass like Wilson does. Thats what you call flamboyant?? He is the BIGGEST DIRT BAG IN THE LEAGUE. 
  • Options
    @LaRea so arguing about sports is fun huh?? Looks like you and me are going to have to drop the sticks and gloves...... LOL just kidding bro. Yes having some good ole fun on this thread....... 
  • Options
    Oh yeah, mittens are comin' off!  You're like a foot taller than me, but I'm scrappy.   :D

It's too bad the Broad Street Bullies played back when video recordings were so horrible.  You can get a general idea of what's happening, but I guess I'm spoiled by the fantastic high-def video of modern sports.  

I never watched hockey back in the day because I couldn't follow the puck.  
  • Options
    Been following hockey since 1970. Bobby Orr and the big bad Bruins. Back then it was mostly fighting and not too many dirty hits like today. There was a big stick fight in 1969 with Teddy Green getting his scull fractured. He almost died because a small piece of bone traveled to his brain. Was never the same. I think they need to bring back the red line to help avoid full speed open ice checks....... Just say'n BTW @LaRea I am only 5' 9 1/2" tall. 
  • Options
    Anyone remebebr the broad street bullies taking on the USSR? They came out of the tunnels and pummeled the reds.  It was so rough the Russians refused to come back out into the ice for the next period until they were told to hit the ice or don't get paid.  The Flyers beat Russians with their brand of dirty hockey.

• Options
    Wow the Islanders are on a roll. 
  • Options
    Not kidding.  I read it was 2-0 until TB went empty-net and scored in the final minute.  
  • Options
    raybo3 said:
    Wow the Islanders are on a roll. 
    I guess they are playing dirty
  • Options
    Looks like Tampa Bay will take the Cup in four.  Well, I sure hope we'll be able to watch games in person next season.  
  • Options
    Go to a city with a real hockey team and you can

*cough cough* Pittsburgh
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    Looks like Tampa Bay will take the Cup in four.  Well, I sure hope we'll be able to watch games in person next season.  
    You can if you live in Florida
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭