Options

NHL hockey thread

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaRea said:
    No doubt.  And without Oshie or Vrana ... I guess we'll see a lot of teams playing games short-handed this season.
    And no Holtby and it shows
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    Yes, losing Holtby was huge!  & Samsonov out wasn't good either.  I bought my wife a Holtby jersey last year.  He was her favorite!  Figures he's not on the team, but we figured that would happen and she wanted the jersey anyhow!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    RIP Ralph Backstrom.  Probably before our time for most of us, but 6 time Stanley cup winner, I'm sure you Canucks know him.  Probably those in CO know him as well.

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Dream_Inn said:
    RIP Ralph Backstrom.  Probably before our time for most of us, but 6 time Stanley cup winner, I'm sure you Canucks know him.  Probably those in CO know him as well.
    I vaguely remember him playing. As far as I remember he was a pretty good player. I think he finished his career with the Whalers of the WHA. R.I.P.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Well, that's 4 losses in a row now for the Caps.  They need to figure it out for the Penguins again on Tuesday.

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,547 mod
    Not what I'd call motivated play this afternoon.
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pens blue line is staring to get healthy again, a healthy pens team combined with a short schedule is going to make the metro division much harder to play in.  
  • Options
    Check this out. It was pretty funny.............  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmVsofAmio
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    They settled it like true gentlemen.

Anyone see the young guy smack talking PK Subban earlier this season?   Told PK to go make another Instagram workout video.  Fyi PK makes a bunch of work out videos that he posts to his Instagram.
  • Options
    The pens seem to want to drve their fan base insane this season.  
  • Options
    The pens seem to want to drve their fan base insane this season.  
    Seems they have the Caps number again!
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL, that Marchand video is hilarious.

So how will they play the conference finals when a Canadian Team needs to play a US team? Will the Canadian Team need to relocate to the US, or are they hoping the travel restrictions will be lifted by then?

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    That’s NHL fighting in COVID era. Got to maintain social distancing LOL 😂 
  • Options
    The pens may be getting the best or the caps but the caps are not the team to beat in the east or even the metro. 

I think we have maybe 4 regulation wins.  Keep scraping by. 
  • Options
    This morning I ran across a message thread by a bunch of Pens fans that were posting live during last night's game v. Caps.  I had to laugh at how they were all so fixated on Tom Wilson for the entire game.  It was all "Frank that mother-franker, I'd jab Wilson in face with a stick" and "Yeah, frank him, I'd franking take him out at the knees."  

So much anger, so much bitterness!   :D
  • Options
    Was a great game
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    The caps got another good start today.  Let's see them finish it out well too!

I can't wait to be watching them from the boat, possibly in another week or two.

• Options
    Last night after Alex Ovechkin performed a "Sherwood vasectomy" on Boston's Trent Frederic, Ovechkin received two minutes for an illegal lift check, plus a $5000 fine for practicing without a license.
  • Options
    @LaRea should have been a 5 minute match penalty and a 1 or 2 game suspension IMO. I have a question for everyone. What are your thoughts of the "shoot out"? Should they make the OT a little longer? Should they just end the game in a tie after the OT?
  • Options
    Shootouts are exciting but the loser still gets one point?
  • Options
    I really like the current OT/SO arrangement.  First of all, I don't like ties.  Games should end in victory or defeat.  And if they can't solve it in 65 minutes, go to the shootout and be done with it.  To me, the regular season is not as sacred as the playoffs.    

(@raybo3 The team gave Frederic a mission to antagonize the opposing team's captain and get him off the ice for a few minutes.  He accomplished the mission.  I thought he was being a drama queen dropping his mittens like that.)
  • Options
    @LaRea I agree that Frederic was trying to get Ovi off the ice but that has been an age old tactic in the NHL. Get the other teams best player off the ice. Getting sticked in the junk does not feel too well. I don't agree with the drama queen thing on that one. I also agree Frederic looked a little foolish dropping his gloves when Ovi skated away and he ended up on the bench with gloves and stick still on the ice. BTW I don't mind the shoot out either. Just wanted to see how other hockey fans thought of it. 
  • Options
    Yeah, I like watching a good shootout, and I have no problem with using it to see which team gets the second point.  
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys are the American teams coming up to Canada for the playoffs, because the Leafs are winning the cup this year!  B)B)B)

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    The Leafs are killing it!
  • Options
    Leafs didn’t do well last night
  • Options
    Tom Wilson was suspended 7 games.  After watching the replay a few more times, I agree he deserves it.  The high hit was dangerous and dumb.  
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    Tom Wilson was suspended 7 games.  After watching the replay a few more times, I agree he deserves it.  The high hit was dangerous and dumb.  
    I know I am a homer but I thought 7 games was kind of lite. I would have thought at least 10. They have been trying to take that type of hit out of the game for a long time. 
  • Options
    That wasnt a hard hit at all in fact the dive was worse
  • Options
    Yeah he only ended up in the hospital for 2 days