Options

NHL hockey thread

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    Shahp as a kanife 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ovi is heating up now. Lookout
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pens have quietly moved up to 3rd in the east with a good thumping of the NYI.  A win tomorrow night would tie them in 2nd.  For all the man games lost this season(34 different players have dressed for the pens this season)  they are not doing too bad.  

• Options
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,564 mod
    The playoffs in the East are settled.  WAS NYI PIT BOS.  Might not be exactly in that order, but the bottom four teams can't do anything about it.  
  • Options
    Pens will be lucky to make it past round 2 in the playoffs.   
  • Options
    Seems Boston took a page out of the pens playbook and just didn't show up last night.  Im glad too see the lack luster, no passion, no hustle black and yellow team on the ice last night wasn't the penguins.  
  • Options
    Caps are reading the same book.  Gave up 8 goals to NYI.  

How the heck is BOS going to make up 4 games in this compressed schedule?  That's a lot of back-to-back games.  
  • Options
    @PickleRick yeah the B's are playing real bad right now. Had some Covid problems but overall poor play lately. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Did you see buffalo finally get a win 2 nights ago?  They thrashed Philly for their first win in some 15 or 18 games.  The make up games back to back are going to be brutal, especially for struggling teams trying to hold their playoff spots
  • Options
    Pens 8 of last 10.

@raybo3 what was the purpose of that fight last night?  The rest of the game was forgettable.  
  • Options
    The pens play better when one of their top skaters is hurt.  When Malkin returns they will stop scoring 4+ goals a game.  They trail only Colorado in most goals this season.  
  • Options
    @LaRea not sure I didn't see the game. Possibly something from the last time they played???
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys still haven't answered my question. Not sure how a US team is gonna get into Canada to play the Leafs for the cup.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    I think the border police will make an exception for the chance to play the Caps.  
  • Options
    MarkB said:
    You guys still haven't answered my question. Not sure how a US team is gonna get into Canada to play the Leafs for the cup.

This is a good question.  I have not heard.  
  • Options
    Rayblow says the Caps are dirty players???
  • Options
    Hathaway is trying to play dirtier than Marchand, but Marchand does it better because he scores a ton of goals.  I don't blame the B's for playing rough ... the Caps power play is sputtering, so go ahead and take chances.  
  • Options
    Marchand has turned his game around the last few years. Yeah he is still a pesky pita but he doesn't cheap shot and intentionally try to hurt people. He knows now he is more valuable on the ice than in the box or press box. If you think he does then you don't watch Bruins games that much. EVERYTIME I watch the caps play they always play dirty. Boarding, highstcking, hitting from behind. Yeah they play dirty. NO DOUBT.
  • Options
    Rayblow says the Caps are dirty players???
    You know handy sometimes you just  don't have any class 
  • Options
    The only thing that kept WAS in the game was Clifton's two double minors for hacking at people's faces.  On the first one, I think that little thing flying through the air was Eller's tooth.
  • Options
    Yeah! We do one hit and we are the dirty team? Ray you have no class
  • Options
    BTW the word is out around the league:  if you make any sort of contact with Tom Wilson, you should dive and clutch your helmet to see if you can get him suspended.   :D
  • Options
    Yeah Clifton had 2 double minors. But that is not the norm like when Washington plays. So let me see, the league is diving to get Wilson suspended. Do you realize how that sounds. Come on guys look at what is happening. 
  • Options
    Hah, I knew I could get him riled up!  There's probably a sports analyst in Boston who has already posted a 20-minute dissection of the collision between Kuraly and Wilson.  

@raybo3 the Bruins are in a great position with four wins and now three games against BUF.  They will overtake PIT by this time next week.  Maybe NYI.  
  • Options
    @LaRea no nothing yet on that hit (another dirty hit) but the one on Tinordi was bad. He left about a quart of blood on the ice.
  • Options
    How far away was Hathaway when Tinordi turned his back to him?  About 3-4 feet.  Hathaway didn't finish the hit, but Tinordi took an awkward stumble that ended very badly. 

To me, it looked like Hathaway did what he could to minimize the impact.  It's not like he extended his arms, or his skates left the ice.  But Tinordi didn't leave him enough time to stop or change direction.  
  • Options
    Hmm so its Tinordi's fault his face was planted into the boards? What about his hit after the horn sounded. It wasn't a crunchers but you don't hit after the horn. BTW Shearly went high on Clifton first not that what Clifton did was right. Wilson hit to the head was an accident also? Dirty team!
  • Options
    I'm just saying, if a player tries to draw a boarding call by turning his back when the hit is three feet away, what do you expect is going to happen.  
  • Options
    Huge series between WAS and NYI over the next five days -- two in Gotham City, then one in DC.  Gonna be some exciting hockey!