Options

Pic Of The Day

Comments

• Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭
    @Aqua_Aura

"When you think you are at the top of your game - you find out you're not even in the game."

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing to this guy as well. If I do a 180 there is another yacht that dwarfs this one. 

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    pcmpetepcmpete Member Posts: 110 ✭✭
    edited October 2021
      This view never gets old.  (Excuse the pano wobble)

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a Rinker in a Tim Burton movie.
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such a hot day the boat is melting. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    SimcoeRinker400SimcoeRinker400 Member Posts: 319 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

I am out 🙁 but it is also 10 Celsius here going down to like 2 Celsius tonight...🥶 ... for you US folks 50 F  and 35.6F.....  but she's is washed and ready for cover Saturday!  (Picture before wash)  before you guys comment!

2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
    2023 Seadoo Spark Trixx x 2
  • Options
    SimcoeRinker400SimcoeRinker400 Member Posts: 319 ✭✭✭
     Now, I am getting the next project ready to be stripped and body work to get done  😁....
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
    2023 Seadoo Spark Trixx x 2
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pcmpete said:

Where are you located I see palm tree's?
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    pcmpetepcmpete Member Posts: 110 ✭✭
    randy56 said:
    pcmpete said:

Where are you located I see palm tree's?
    Fort Lauderdale 
  • Options
    RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    the admiral had some hood and fender damage when when we bought her discovery.  Her 99 now has the 2003/2004 headlight conversion. The fender hood/lines are not 100% but for a vehicle that's being built for daily driving and winter trail rides she'll do. Wiring was easy.   Getting the inner workings pulled back into place so headlight,  hood and fender would all match my, not so easy.

I'm currently in talks with a company thay makes LS swap bolt I kits for the discovery 2.  They are setting me up with all the electronic mods I need to make a different engine play nicely with the disco 2 body and engine computers.  Im still looking for a donor car but this one will be getting a mercedes 5 cylinder turbo diesel conversion.    Due to covid the LS swap  shop is backlogged and parts supplies scarce.   The 2003 donor rig gives me a beefier  transmission with 80,xxx miles and I'll be ordering the adapter from doomsday diesel. 

It's taking time away from my 4 runner build
     I vote for a Cummins swap. 
    https://www.motortrend.com/features/1101dp-swap-a-cummins-into-anything/
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the admiral had some hood and fender damage when when we bought her discovery.  Her 99 now has the 2003/2004 headlight conversion. The fender hood/lines are not 100% but for a vehicle that's being built for daily driving and winter trail rides she'll do. Wiring was easy.   Getting the inner workings pulled back into place so headlight,  hood and fender would all match my, not so easy.

I'm currently in talks with a company thay makes LS swap bolt I kits for the discovery 2.  They are setting me up with all the electronic mods I need to make a different engine play nicely with the disco 2 body and engine computers.  Im still looking for a donor car but this one will be getting a mercedes 5 cylinder turbo diesel conversion.    Due to covid the LS swap  shop is backlogged and parts supplies scarce.   The 2003 donor rig gives me a beefier  transmission with 80,xxx miles and I'll be ordering the adapter from doomsday diesel. 

It's taking time away from my 4 runner build
     I vote for a Cummins swap. 
    https://www.motortrend.com/features/1101dp-swap-a-cummins-into-anything/

The r2.8 is a nice swap but  if you need parts for your daily driver you can't go to the local dealer/auto parts store.   
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Midland Harbour. A few hardy souls still in. Coming out this week I imagine
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunrise. Lake Simcoe. About 3 minutes from my house.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Lake Huron yesterday  - Yeeesh!
    Poor dog tipped over while taking a dump.

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang..bigger than the waves at our beaches here...
  • Options
    rasbury said:
    Dang..bigger than the waves at our beaches here...
    lol.......bit deceiving pic. Cliff in front. 8-10 footers at shore. 12-15ft out in the lake.

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    Haha - @mattie thank you for clarifying!  At first glance, it looked like the 2-foot whitecaps we get on the upper Potomac.  
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭

Flooding is expected to peak on Friday and linger through Saturday. During this time, two to four feet of coastal flooding is likely.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing reports from liveaboards in that area that the tides have been extreme, boats in the mud etc.. def take some flood shots tomorrow!
  • Options
    This wind is trying to shove the entire Atlantic Ocean up into the Chesapeake Bay and Potomac River, so the high tide this afternoon should be interesting.

Smith Point Light Winds Time Series Plot
    The local weatherdude likes using scare tactics like this:

Weatherdude:  You remember that horrific tidal flooding from Hurricane Isabelle? 
      Audience:  Gasp ... ohh craaaappp, we're all gonna die!
      Weatherdude:  Well, it won't be that bad.  But we'll get some flooding.
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine you went to work every day and 30% of what you did was wrong, yet that was considered good job performance?
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Ironically, yesterday I was notified that Fairfax County updated its flood maps. 

I have always carried FEMA flood insurance because part of my yard is in the 100-year flood plain.  Well, the new flood boundary moved about 10 feet, and now it touches the house.  Hello, rate increase!  
  • Options
    RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    LaRea said:
    This wind is trying to shove the entire Atlantic Ocean up into the Chesapeake Bay and Potomac River, so the high tide this afternoon should be interesting.

Smith Point Light Winds Time Series Plot
    The local weatherdude likes using scare tactics like this:

Weatherdude:  You remember that horrific tidal flooding from Hurricane Isabelle? 
      Audience:  Gasp ... ohh craaaappp, we're all gonna die!
      Weatherdude:  Well, it won't be that bad.  But we'll get some flooding.
    My favorite Weatherdude overdramatization is the term "dangerous lightning". As opposed to "safe" lightning?
  • Options
    This pic was taken three hours before high tide, so we'll get another two feet of water if not more.  It actually is pushing close to what we had during Isabelle, but the wind isn't nearly as bad.  In Isabelle, we had 2-foot waves in the parking lot.  

• Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭
    Annapolis is underwater right now. Along the Severn River and the magothy most of the docks are underwater.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    I had to do water rescue.  A neighbor's ski boat floated off the lift and got loose in the marina.  While I was corralling that boat, she was trying to rescue her jetski.  Then she got blown out into the fairway, with no PFD, on a ski that wouldn't start!  I'm glad I was there.  

She cracks me up.  She looked out her window and said to herself "Oh, look - somebody else got a boat just like ours ... BWAAAAHH that's our boat!" 
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    @LaRea    wow , be careful out there.