Options

Pic Of The Day

Comments

• Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭✭
    rasbury said:
    J3ff said:
    Just another day in FL, yesterday's trip out to go for a swim . 

Nice jeff- I am launching tomorrow or Friday and going to a slip for a month! At least I can go sit and have a beer in the water!

After this year @rasbury you deserve it!

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Well here we go again, died underway, won't stay running, no fuel pump prime noise when turning the key to the run position, ignition breaker seems fine, however this breaker will not push in, picture of the day sure
    Post edited by J3ff on
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    @J3ff , sometimes those breakers look like their popped but there not. Try unplugging the main harness connector at the back of the engine and push it back on making sure it’s in all the way. Also check your battery selector switch, maybe a loose connection. Do you have a safety switch on your throttle? Check that also, maybe you bumped it without realizing. Also, make sure your throttle lever is definitely in neutral.
    Post edited by aero3113 on
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    The weird thing is that the motor does start, runs for a second or two and then dies..  again no fuel pump or primer noise though..I was wrong on the picture of the day .. this is the picture of the day .. guess they were just coming to make sure we made it back! 

• Options
    edited December 2021
    @J3ff
    There should be a 10 amp (I think) fuse also on the back right of the engine when looking at it near the manifold in a covered case. I had that blow on me once when I was replacing my dash panels. Lost all power to that engine, I’m pretty sure it was all power. I do remember that there was no power to the starter.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    Odd that it starts then dies.  Only thing that comes to mind would be oil pressure sending switch which allows the fuel pump to work while key in the start position but would shut off the fuel pump when you let the key go back to the on position
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Had it happen to me on a carb equipped boat so that it ran for 2 minutes because carb would fill with fuel on start up but run dry after key was released. Fuel injection would not run as long
  • Options
    Pretty sure if that is the problem you can pull the plug and it should run if that’s the problem
  • Options
    She's asleep till the new year, mechanic has her on his calendar, if corona gives me another week off I'll look myself, otherwise it's on him.

Photo of the day today: Sunset over Florida from the air.. still on the plane now.

• Options
    Ha ha @aero3113 did the same thing and sent to my friends in FL

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aero3113 said:

For some reason this seems like a scene out of a horror movie - maybe The Blair Witch Project - Christmas Horror. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    J3ff said:
    Ha ha @aero3113 did the same thing and sent to my friends in FL

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    @YYZRC that’s funny, I kinda agree!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    @shawnmjr , our daughters were begging us to go out and play in the “snow”. I was dreading it! LoL
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Well we were gonna go check on the boat today but I think we'll stay in ❄️. 

This is early for us and there will definitely be more. Last year we had heavy snow at our house in March. 

Post edited by Aqua_Aura on
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,587 mod
    Strong!  That's my last five years worth of snow here in DC-land.
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lovely to look at in picures...truely is.....just can't live anywhere that is that cold! Lived in ND for a few years as a Fl born and raised....no way...then we went to Riyadh Saudi Arabia...much more to my temperature liking! 
  • Options
    Went and checked on the boat today, what an adventure. The entire hill down which is 1000' elevation to basically sea level was snow and ice and at the last drop I slid down and thru a stop sign, thankfully there was no traffic coming thru.

Checked over everything and ran the engine while we made coffee and enjoyed the views. 

Glad to be back home 🏠

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Do you winterize the water lines?
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Last year I blew them out with air from the water hose connection where the pressured water hose goes. I did makes sure the cockpit faucet had no water since it can get cold up there.

I did not do it this year but I have a bilge heater and cabin warmer that is left on. These few days are pretty cold but we don't have the long frigid temperatures day and night and the river water is still in the 40s

I was wondering as I was down there..... There is a good handful of boats that rarely have an owner see them and I have not heard of any of them having freeze issues. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    I was surprised to see the cruiser with bimini/camper canvas still in place!
  • Options
    Yeah that large boat closest to shore is the biggest offender. It has a few feet of water under it and has sunk a few times over the years apparently. I guess they pay their dues and have it insured so they get to keep it there. 🤷🏽‍♂️

I posted this last year but here's how I blew the lines out before. 

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    tonystoytonystoy Member Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

Bring on the cold weather! My kids and I are ready to do some skating!
  • Options
    Nice @tonystoy !! 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    tonystoytonystoy Member Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

I bought some curling stones for this year.
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭✭
    I just want our upstate winter back. If I wanted 40’s and 50’ rain and dreary days I’d move to Seattle or back to Sydney.  :)

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Along the boardwalk in Long Beach WA. Shipwrecks around the Columbia River Bar. 

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Ian said:
    I just want our upstate winter back. If I wanted 40’s and 50’ rain and dreary days I’d move to Seattle or back to Sydney.  :)
    This is why I moved to FL. 40's and 50's and rain was the weather ALL winter for 3 years... not the snow and cold that makes winter fun! After 3 years of it, it was time to get the heck out of that depressing place... 

ALL last week at "home" - rain and clouds... all last week at the "new home" - 75/80 - not a cloud in the sky!
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,587 mod
    We got a foot of heavy, sticky snow.  There are trees coming down everywhere.  I lost a beautiful 30-foot dogwood, and this 100-foot maple -- which touched the house, but didn't cause damage other than crushing some shrubs.  

And now my power is out.  Gonna be a long day.