Comments

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    good luck with her
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The air quality here on Long Island is horrible today because of the fires in Nova Scotia. They even had to cancel my daughter’s field day today because they didn’t want the kids outside. The smell is so strong! @halifax212 I can only imagine how it is by you, hope all is well.

2008 330EC
  • Options
     it sure does not  smell like wood burning 
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GMSLITHO said:
     it sure does not  smell like wood burning 
    I know, crazy. Smells more like burning plastic.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smells like a low voltage electrical fire here. Not that I’ve ever caused one to know the smell…
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭✭
    Smelt like wood up here this morning. 

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    The smoke has pretty much cleared out around NS, but now Quebec is on fire.I think that is where the majority oof smoke is coming from now for you guys. . Heck I think our whole country has fires out of control at the moment.  
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beer and chainsaws 😂. This is my "sawsall" chainsaw. 

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Careful posting bud products on social media 😜

JK 

Modelo products outside the USA are from AB, due  to and  anti trust ruling AB wasn't able to take control of Modelo here in the USA.   

So Modelo is still brewed in Mexico!!!!  Crazy history on that brewery and it's European roots.  Very good beers and Modelo especial has surpassed Bud lite as America's best selling beer.   
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it owned by AB? Says imported by crown imports, which is probably owned by AB like everything 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Aqua_Aura said:
    Is it owned by AB? Says imported by crown imports, which is probably owned by AB like everything 
    Modelo was purchased by AB back @2012.   However the US courts system found they were in breach of anti trust laws and forced the sale of Modelo from AB to constellation.   The sales outside the USA are still controlled by AB.   The big boys have the ability to loby to have laws changed to benefit them and hurt the small breweries.  Whether it be your local craft brewery or your yuenlngling/Sam Adams etc.  If they can't buy regulations they try to control the distributors by making it lucrative to stop selling or at least limit their selection of the small breweries.  And like lenikeugel or rolling rock, they'll buy the competition.    I have zero limits on how much beer I can buy from the local supermarket but if I go to Thomas Creek brewery I can only buy x amount of cases,  6 I think.  

I love capitalism but buying laws that favor you and hurt your smaller completion sucks for beer lovers.   I'd rather drink form a urinal than buy a bud, miller or Coors product.    

• Options
    I feel for the people who work for those companies……there just trying to make a living and have nothing to do with the stupid policy decisions these corporations make 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    GMSLITHO said:
    I feel for the people who work for those companies……there just trying to make a living and have nothing to do with the stupid policy decisions these corporations make 
    The people from Latrobe, PA, most famous for Rolling Rock, felt the negative side of being bought out by AB.  At one time Rolling Rock was the official beer of the Steelers.   It's was purchased and the brewery was shut down.  

The brewery was lucky enough to land brewing contracts from Sam Adams and Red stripe since @ 06 when AB mad the purchase and moved shop.  I don't believe it's ever going to be as big as it was when rolling rock was brewed there.     Because their advertising sucked up until the 90s/2000s you likely never heard of it if you were not from the area.     

My distaste for the big companies goes back to my early drinking days when the only beers on tap here locally were your big three.  For a beer lover that's like forcing Gordon Ramsay to cook a meal prepared from food only purchased at dollar general.   The selection sucked up until legislation was passed making it easier for breweries like Thomas Creek, holy city, rj rockers and coast brewing to build and distribute.    Once the crafts started catching on the flood gates opens for beers all over to appear at all our local restaurants/bars/stores.    

When they could no longer remain the only breweries who distribute in my state the big companies they went after/still after their distribution contracts.     They were happy back when the only way you could get craft beer was by going in person and buying growlers.  The little downtown brewery/restaurant.  They hate that you can go in person to buy the beer at the brewery or find Thomas Creek in a store or restaurant 600 miles away.

Bud spills more beer each year than Sam Adams brews

• Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't drink much beer anymore. Bud lite,  bush lite, Mich ultra were my go to. I say drink what you like. Dark, lite, enjoy while your young.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    I always liked how Four Winns did their dashboards with the “leather”. Huge improvement from more fiberglass. 
  • Options
    randy56 said:
    Don't drink much beer anymore. Bud lite,  bush lite, Mich ultra were my go to. I say drink what you like. Dark, lite, enjoy while your young.
    I miss those days.  We'd play a 10pm Sunday night hockey game.  This was after a day of drinking on the lake. 

Hit the bar after the game.  Home by 2am.  At work Monday by 8am.  

If I did that now I'd call in the first half of the week
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    mattie said:

No matter what color they put on the can it still tastes like sex on a canoe....ducking next to water!!!   😀
  • Options
    Rich_Rich_ Member Posts: 138 ✭✭
    If it's beer- Founder's All Day IPA has been the go to for years.
    Lately has been bourbon (Weller, Larceny, Eagle Rare)
    2002 180      Eastern LI, NY
  • Options
    Rich_ said:
    If it's beer- Founder's All Day IPA has been the go to for years.
    Lately has been bourbon (Weller, Larceny, Eagle Rare)
    I love a good IPA.   I change it up a good bit between seasons.   If you've never shopped for beer at Aldi and like craft beers check them out.  Usually half the price of the same beer at Greens or your equivalent local fancy beer/wine shop.  Those of you in PA may need to skip past the state border for this option.  I really like their version of Heineken, Corona and they have a hefe I load the cart with when it appears, which isn't often. 

• Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 934 ✭✭✭✭

2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭
    @Lake_Bum - How have your water levels been? Hard to see any bathtub rings in your pic. 
  • Options
    TonyG13 said:
    @Lake_Bum - How have your water levels been? Hard to see any bathtub rings in your pic. 
    We surpassed 50' rise on Friday.  Lake Powell is over 180 miles long, so that's an immense amount of water. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options

2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    SimcoeRinker400SimcoeRinker400 Member Posts: 319 ✭✭✭
    Nice Shot of my boat and a friend's SeaRay last weekend between the weird weather we had!!  But one thing I noticed is very little traffic on the water for the second weekend of June.  Orillia is usually much busier!!!! 
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
    2023 Seadoo Spark Trixx x 2
  • Options
    Reason #47 to get a boat. Spend 1/3 on alcohol.

• Options
    Rich_Rich_ Member Posts: 138 ✭✭
    YYZRC said:
    Reason #47 to get a boat. Spend 1/3 on alcohol.

Just means you need a bigger boat
    2002 180      Eastern LI, NY