Options

Stock Market

Comments

• Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    Your broker will send you a 1099 with all trades for the whole year on it. Aside from that my accountant handles everything else...lol
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my broker is Robinhood for crypto.. you sure they send something like that? ha ha.. 
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was using coinbase I forgot that now the main stream brokers trade crypto. Robinhood would probably send a 1099
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    I use coinbase but have never sold anything i bought in there so no tax implications there so far. i think i started buying BTC in 2017 or 2018 at about $14,000. I get a 1099 from TD Ameritrade every year
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTC took a hit, down to $44k. I get an 1099 from e-trade every year.
     I would say it's the law, Robinhood would have to send a 1099.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Had a real nice day going today. Got in UBER last week and sold today for about 50% win. Also hit TWTR calls for about 130% win but lost on ROKU calls and when the market pulled back gave up some of my profits. Still had a nice green day but HAD a really nice green day going...lol. Tough week for trading so far. Inside weeks so far on QQQ and SPY and we are right in the middle of the previous candle. Lots of chop when this happens. Hoping we close the week still inside then will look for a break above this weeks high next week. I like trading inside breaks. My favorite. I had TWTR on my watchlist for entry over 53.19 with target 1 at 54.92. We hit that but then pulled back right away. Also had CHWY and DKNG on that list. They triggered but failed to hit their targets
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod
    Definitely a much better week than last week.  RIDE has sure given me a nice ride! :smile:

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I see is red. Oil is pulling back and lumber is crashing like Bitcoin
  • Options
    Had a couple days of green but Wednesday looks like red. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man ... that BTC crash was incredible. I had put in a whole bunch of low ball orders, that took, and within 10 minutes I was up like 30%!  It was crazy. I closed my long positions almost right away ... could have made more if I waited (like 50%) ... but I didn't want to take a chance.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Red day for me too. I should have known better. We had huge candles on the weekly chart last week and so far this week we are stuck inside those candles. That always produces chop and a sloppy market. It has been a great couple of weeks if you are ok holding a few days but my style is to get in and out fast so these conditions don't work well for me. I tried to scalp TSLA a few times today and kept getting stopped out. I did hit CVS calls today. I bought 5 contracts and sold the first few at about 25% profit and the last 2 at about 50% profit. Actually I paid 1.22 and sold the last one at 1.77 so about 45% on that last one. Looking forward to next week if we can break out of this weeks candles
  • Options
    @Dream_Inn. Ride is riding you down to 0
  • Options

it'll go back up.  I bought a bunch at $7.  My CELZ is doing well today.  For all my stocks, I'm up over 2% today so far.  I'll take it.

• Options
    Dream_Inn said:

it'll go back up.  I bought a bunch at $7.  My CELZ is doing well today.  For all my stocks, I'm up over 2% today so far.  I'll take it.
    CELZ is 3 cents
  • Options
    I don’t like what I read about RIDE. Fires, no orders of vehicles. Get out
  • Options
    These are both some of my fun high risk stocks. Gotta do some playing!  If I hit some or one right, it'll buy my next boat.😀👍

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What’s the story with CELZ? 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    wow these dips have been amazing... sold and bought doge a few times over the last week and then bought in again yesterday morning when it dipped big time. Now the question is what's the exit strat. !!
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J3ff said:
    wow these dips have been amazing... sold and bought doge a few times over the last week and then bought in again yesterday morning when it dipped big time. Now the question is what's the exit strat. !!
    So you ran into the burning building with not knowing where the exit is? 🤣
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Aqua_Aura said:
    J3ff said:
    So you ran into the burning building with not knowing where the exit is? 🤣
    Isn't that normal?  :D
  • Options
    I posted a few days ago that this would be a tough week being inside a huge candle from last week. I lost money this week. In the bigger picture it wasn't that bad of a week but from a micro level it was tough. Lots of chop with no clear direction. Luckily I traded smaller sizes and not as many trades. Heard from a few guys that day trade for a living and they said the same thing.
  • Options
    June things will turn back around.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Actually next week may be a very good week for day trading. With inside candles a break above or below that inside candle could indicate an entry and target is the top or bottom of the previous candle
  • Options
    YYZRC said:
    What’s the story with CELZ? 
    CELZ is working stem cells on a few big things.  I've been in it and invested more over the last few months.  It us definitely high risk, but I believe long term may get somewhere.  Again, it's high risk and read up on it before investing.

• Options
    boatman37 said:
    Actually next week may be a very good week for day trading. With inside candles a break above or below that inside candle could indicate an entry and target is the top or bottom of the previous candle
    I saw a lot of guys getting in on oil future options. 
  • Options
    oil futures (/CL) had a large outside candle last Friday that broke above Thursdays candle. Only issue I see with it now is the weekly has a pretty large candle and we opened tonight right in the middle of it. Low was 61.56 and high was 67.02 so had a 10% move there. Been on quite a tear lately. I'd be afraid to get in at these levels. Might either need to see a little pullback or some consolidation before I'd jump in here. It may continue running but for me I'd wait for a pullback. Wish I'd got in a few months ago when it was around $30...lol 
  • Options
    Go green, got some catching up to do. about time. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Better week already...lol. Caught BA calls for 15% win on an inside week break up. Hasn't hit my target yet but I got out cause I didn't want to hold overnight. Got in at $360 and out at $415.
    Also hit TSLA calls on a 2-2-2 reversal. 2-2-2 was cause we had 4 down weeks in a row. Color of the candle doesn't matter in this sense but 3 were red then we had a green one that was down. A down candle is a candle that broke below the previous candle. The first 3 of those 3 in a row don't matter as far as an entry. So that last down candle was green and was a sort of doji candle. Doji means indecision and could mean a reversal. So today we broke above last weeks high so we had a 2 down, 2 down, 2 up. The target is the high of last weeks candle, which is 665.05. I waited a little on an entry cause it had ran pretty hard to get to it. Entry was a break above 596.68. You can see when we broke that we had ran all morning up until then so I let it consolidate a little right at that level and got in when I saw momentum start building. Got out early again on that one but still got 23%. Entered at $1295 and sold at $1600.
    Took PTO tomorrow and won't be around so closed out of my trades to lock in profit. Also hit ROKU for a small win and TSLA for 2 small wins earlier in the morning.
    BABA puts were also on my list and triggered at the open but failed and would have stopped out. I didn't enter cause I don't like getting in anything right at the opening bell.
    I got in BA at 12:41 and out at 3:37. In TSLA at 11:52 and out at 3:34 (all EST)

• Options
    AMC / GME taking off ... 
  • Options
    Who bought AMC today (or in the last few days)?  I haven't jumped into those games, but wow someone is making some money (also losing too).