Options

Stock Market

Comments

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Dream_Inn said:
    Who bought AMC today (or in the last few days)?  I haven't jumped into those games, but wow someone is making some money (also losing too).
    Holding my 14 shares @ 5.00 since whenever this whole thing started! I'm always too small in. Should have gone with 44 shares!! Just bounced off of 29 
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dream_Inn said:
    CELZ is working stem cells on a few big things.  I've been in it and invested more over the last few months.  It us definitely high risk, but I believe long term may get somewhere.  Again, it's high risk and read up on it before investing.
    Thanks @Dream_Inn - I threw a boat buck in for fun.  Will not forget you when it hits $100+/share!

2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All green today, up 2% overall. Have not been buying or selling the last 3 weeks, just on hold
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    amc/gme straight up over night!
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You were saying @J3ff?  LOL
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    You've all seen and are probably tired of my posts regarding day trading, trying to time stocks, using formulas/strategies etc. versus just picking good long term blue chips. No disrespect for those that can afford and like to play the market that way, just not my thing. But with the Crypto frenzy and a few beers with a buddy that was into BTC I bought in at $500 back in mid February. It wobbled around and at one point for a few hours was up 20%, I would have pocketed about $60 after taxes and fees but I missed the peak (at about 4 a.m. one morning a few weeks back)
    Today it's worth about $330. Gonna let it sit and ride it out to see what happens.
    But to compare, one of my stars in my "real" portfolio this year has been Bank of Montreal (BMO).
    If I'd put that $500 into BMO on the same date in February it would be worth $648.05 today. If I'd done it a year ago today it would be $953.75. 
    Almost double. And wouldn't have to watch it at all.
    Now,...if I'd done the $500 into Bitcoin two years ago, it'd be $2245 today....but hindsight's 20/20 and nobody has a crystal ball.....
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    You were saying @J3ff?  LOL
    Amc at 26 bucks as of this post, that's amazing !!

GME at 221...that's a 30% gain in one week. Sounds like a win to me!!

• Options
    J3ff said:
    Straight down you mean
  • Options
    Hang on to that bitcoin. just forget you have it come back two years from now. and check the value. Crypto's are still in infancy. One of the best ways to build wealth over time is to invest your money. Choosing the right investments can be tricky, though, because all investments are subject to some degree of risk.

Cryptocurrency market value tops $2 trillion for the first time as ethereum hits record high. Apr 6, 2021 

Today, more than 21.2 million adults, or about 14% of the U.S population, own cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin or Ethereum. Gemini's research revealed that about 13% of those polled shared intentions to purchase digital assets within the next 12 months. Who are tomorrow's crypto investors? Apr 21, 2021

As of right now, the total market capitalization of all cryptocurrencies currently rests at $400 billion. This is less than Apple's market cap of $900 billion and around half of Amazon's $880 billion. That's really not that big at all!

When I first looked at it in Feb, 2018 BIT was $6200. But I was skeptical. 20/20 Firmly believe a fellow must be diversified. Safe investments, rat hole money, silver, gold, Real estate,  stocks both risky and safe, IRA's, and cryptocurrency. 

There are now over 100,000 people have at least $1 million or more stashed in BTC, according to the cryptocurrency data-tracking firm BitInfoCharts. That figure is up from just 25,000 BTC millionaires four months ago. Mar 30, 2021

However, despite its explosive growth, cryptocurrency is generally far riskier than stocks. Of course, not all stocks are created equal, and some are higher risk than others. ... These stocks will still experience volatility at times.

Ethereum Price Chart

Boat Name : 

• Options
    J3ff said:
    Straight down you mean
    looks like a solid one month investment to me. If I had 1 million dollars I could have made more on these two stocks than most have made their entire lives... in the past 30 days. 

• Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    I agree with you @Willhound when it comes to day trading. It isn't for everyone but I have been at it a long time and am committed to it. I guess I was too stubborn to give up on it years ago...lol.
    Was 7-0 in one account this week and 2-3 in the other. Only traded the 2-3 account today (only traded the other account Monday through Thursday). Even at 2-3 I still made money today. Tight stops so 1 winner can make up for a few losers. Out of those 12 trades this week I think 6 or 7 were in TSLA...lol.
    One of the guys I follow just started trading last March so just over a year. He said he struggled a little at first but is killing it now. Today he said his goal was $1000/day. He said he surpassed that pretty easily. No idea how much he started with but I do know he doesn't go in big. He traded TSLA calls today and almost hit 100% on them. He said he had about $950 in the trade and almost doubled it. He runs a discord channel so is on the mic all day. This morning he had a big winner before the TSLA win but I have no idea how much that was. I know he said if he hit 100% on that TSLA trade he was going to give it is a tip tonight wherever they ate at. They said a few weeks ago he gave all his winnings on a trade as a tip. No idea how much that was. HE is on Twitter as @BigOMoves if anyone is interested. I only follow his alerts occasionally but the room is free so I'm in it...lol
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other than the Admiral the stock market and the, up to 40+%, differential in CDN/US currencies, have been my best friends and allowed me an awesome (imo) life. 
  • Options
    Up 4.1 % today, June 1st comin back.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Alas, no one is paying attention to oil futures. Up big time today. Soon there will be no boats on the water
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Psst. AMC and GME, the original Meme stocks... look at them right now and tell me there isn't something wrong there. GME at 256, AMC at almost 40.. there's something going on behind the scenes.. 

• Options
    Not a great day for me today. Got in a couple of options trades and had stops set. Went in to a 2 hour meeting and stopped out of them. Traded QQQ calls later to get a bunch of it back. In the end was down $26 in my big account and $64 in my small account. On to tomorrow.
  • Options
    @boatman37 you should be buying cattle options today. 
    @randy56 better get on that veggie diet. Lol
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    Was definitely a good day for me.  Some of my stocks that were lagging shot up pretty well.  But, I'm in them for long term, so I'm sure they'll average out.  Still was nice seeing them pick back up.

@J3ff I agree there is something fishy going on there.  It's why I stay away from them.  The minute I'd get in, they'd go down anyway.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    @J3ff. This is your lucky day
  • Options
    Hump day was great, made profits, sold some, picked up some good $. Bought COIN and PRNT. had those two on my buy bucket list.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    edited June 2021
    @J3ff. This is your lucky day
    Held strong, no selling here, then again at most I was at 800 profit (before taxes) so it didn't feel worth it to sell yet! Need it to be more like 10,000, or 20,000!! Hopefully this is a sign that we've got a massive jump coming, both in GME and AMC. Watching GME almost hit 300/share was crazy. Watching it stabilize back down at 280 was even more crazy!!
  • Options
    AMC is being squeezed 
  • Options
    yes and when it hits, that'll be when I'm out!! 
  • Options
    Going Up to 200
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Can anyone who knows the market better than me tell me when to sell my AMC stocks I bought back when GME was exploding?  I have no idea what to look for.  I want to sell before the bubble pops! Once I pay back my initial investment all the profits will go into gambling on the market more seriously
  • Options
    Nobody can tell you when to sell AMC but if I had it I'd be looking to sell tomorrow. At least sell 1/2. I would look for a reversal on the 30 minute chart maybe. I don't trade these 'meme' stocks but know they don't necessarily play by the rules as far as charting goes. Good luck!
  • Options
    Pretty good day for me. Made money on TSLA puts twice, NVDA calls, SNOW calls, EBAY calls, TLRY calls and lost on GOOGL calls. Still holding EBAY and TLRY calls
  • Options
    After AMC is halted over and over on the ride up, when it's enough to put a smile on your face sell some of it!! As I said, I'm waiting for the real squeeze, not 200, more like 2000+. GME was ON THE WAY UP as Hedgefunds had to cover, but then Robinhood and others removed the ability to buy, which then caused everyone to panic sell... so dont forget that the big boys dont play by the rules. 
  • Options
    boatman37 said:
    Pretty good day for me. Made money on TSLA puts twice, NVDA calls, SNOW calls, EBAY calls, TLRY calls and lost on GOOGL calls. Still holding EBAY and TLRY calls
    Really wish I could stomach the move to calls. Just kind of held up on losing money like that when it doesn't pan out. 
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    ......my grandfather's motto was pigs get fed hogs get slaughtered.