oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 745 ✭✭✭
    wow a new project
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty gross behind the seat backs. 

2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @YYZRC , how is that seat backs secured?
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Three screws on tabs along the bottom edge and then copious Velcro across the top edge. I am replacing the Velcro. It’s disgusting. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    While hacking up the rear entertainment area I have decided that I am going to move my old AC unit to the cockpit. This way I can get a nice new quiet AC unit for the cabin and appease the Admiral. @oscar1 did you do cockpit AC yet?

I am going to mount the AC unit port side next to the poop pump. I will build a starboard shelf across those two vertical plywood boards. It will be easy to tie into the existing AC thru-hull and pump (which are directly below) and I can use the old cockpit sink drain for the pan drain. Will need to punch a new thru hull for the AC discharge. 

Post edited by YYZRC on
  • Options
    YYZRC said:
    While hacking up the rear entertainment area I have decided that I am going to move my old AC unit to the cockpit. This way I can get a nice new quiet AC unit for the cabin and appease the Admiral. @oscar1 did you do cockpit AC yet?

I am going to mount the AC unit port side next to the poop pump. I will build a starboard shelf across those two vertical plywood boards. It will be easy to tie into the existing AC thru-hull and pump (which are directly below) and I can use the old cockpit sink drain for the pan drain. Will need to punch a new thru hull for the AC discharge. 

No, I believe it is not going to be very effect with the very hot summer days in Miami. I made some modification to my enclosure to allow the most fresh air in during anchor and it work great during our last mini loop.
  • Options
    Makes sense. Up here, the reverse heat might be just as useful as the AC!

I don’t plan to run it on the hook but when dockside in the evening it would be a nice way to cool the cockpit off. If it doesn’t work, I’m only really out the cost of the install kit. 
  • Options
    Nice @YYZRC !!
    With my new AC unit I can open the cabin door and it cools the cockpit enough (at night).
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 880 ✭✭✭
    @YYZRC what purpose do those 2 vertical boards serve?
  • Options
    I am working in a new  project of installing a dry bilge system, plus a new supply blower to the engine room.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Spyderweb said:
    @YYZRC what purpose do those 2 vertical boards serve?
    I think they frame in the cabinet in the aft cabin and hold the gas tank in place. The port side wall of the aft cabin attaches to it. 
  • Options
    Christmas arrived early, one set arrived today, still waiting for the second to arrive tomorrow.

• Options
    oscar1 said:
    Christmas arrived early, one set arrived today, still waiting for the second to arrive tomorrow.

Second best modification I made to my boat!!
  • Options
    aero3113 said:
    @YYZRC , how is that seat backs secured?

• Options
    Finally the final set arrived this morning.

• Options
    You had 4x3 before, right @oscar1

Nevertheless, I think you will love the stern lift with these!
  • Options
    Thanks @YYZRC !!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    YYZRC said:
    You had 4x3 before, right @oscar1

Nevertheless, I think you will love the stern lift with these!
    Yes, Mercruiser 4x3 XR 21 Pitch. Thx
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 270 seats are done "oddly " and I will re do some of it. The stern seat backs are bolted and your God gifted to get to those darn things. There was one person at rinker that this must have been their niche.  I ended up just pulling them off getting the seats re done. The front seating the wrap around part is great. There is a hook on the back part and matching slot in the fiber glass part and bottom and works nicely. The seat back forward has only a snap at each top end as there is that compartment behind it. The seat base there is velcro and the only seat base that does not come up for storage. I will watch the above for replacement for the velcro- I want to easily/guickly get that up to get to lines or covers without stepping on the seat. Waxing and cleaning the interior is a lot easier when you can pop it out except the helm...
  • Options
    @raybo3 the door is back together and rolls smooth but the train piece I bought for $1/inch is garbage - totally warped and I have to figure out how to heat it and mold it back to proper shape. For now there are no screws attaching the door to the train because they don’t line up. 

Pic is upside down. 

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    edited May 2022
    @YYZRC so you think this is a no go? My door is getting real hard to close. Thank you for the info
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    The trucks were great. The train was total garbage. Door works great now but the train is not attached. 
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    How does the truck attach?
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Single screw with no head just a hex
  • Options
    I never liked the brown inserts in the seats so I’m painting them. So far, so good. 

I will tackle painting the helm over the winter. 
  • Options
    Very nice @YYZRC !!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭
    That's some good masking! What tape did you use so it sticks to the vinyl? I usually have a hard time getting tape to stick for a project like this.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    I used 3M Scotch 233+ that I bought from the marina because it sticks good (but not too good!). They use it for fibreglass projects as it can handle the exothermic reaction. 

Before painting I used SEM vinyl prep. It needs to evaporate completely or the tape doesn’t stick. 

Expensive at almost $15/roll. 
  • Options
    Brown vs grey

Made a storage rack for the transom locker

• Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭
    Gray looks so much more modern. Great job. Make sure to post a pic after you get the top done.