Options

Rinker 350/360 2007+ Random Topics

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @YYZRC , on my 330 I wanted to tighten the bolts. I removed the refrigerator to get to the port side. And was able to get to the bolts on the starboard side from the engine compartment I think. I remember using a very long extension and maybe a universal to get to them.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 746 ✭✭✭
    I wish, but I didn't have any other way to get to the bolt, it was a lot of work, But my friend, I am very satisfied with the new upgrade for the boat and I believe you are going to very very happy after the completion of your project. It is nothing a cold Heineken can not fix
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @larea I need some advice please. All around light on the leading edge or trailing edge of the hardtop? It needs to be as far forward or aft as possible to avoid interfering with the solar. Leaning toward forward. 

2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,623 mod
    There's no requirement about where to put it.  I'd put it aft to make sure it won't spill light onto the foredeck, which would affect your night vision.  
  • Options
     My hardtop has an internal empty channel which i used to run all the electrical and electronic cables without open additional hole in the inside of the hardtop, so I put mine next to the radar in the portside the most aft posible which it will allow me to run a cable for the light. The only requirement it has to be higher of the top of the radar.
  • Options
    Thanks @oscar1

Today I built a frame out of white pvc lumber to mount the solar panels on. Pics soon. 
  • Options
  • Options
    Frame is built. Will butyl tape it in place once the hardtop is on the boat. 

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,623 mod
    @YYZRC you should put this in a separate thread with pix for the whole system.  I'd like to see details on the panels, controller, wiring and mounting.  We could all learn a few things from you and @oscar1 ...
  • Options
    Sure, will do once complete and I’m sure @oscar1 has lots to contribute as well!
  • Options
    The frame idea it looks outstanding and well design. YYZRC make sure you leave some open in the side of the frame for rain water to run out.  
  • Options
    For sure @oscar1. I ordered a 20v router and I will add some drain channels and also some channels for the wires before I install it permanently. 
  • Options
    I was looking at the pics and i am wonder about the weight of the panel in the center without any frame support, I don't know how strong are your solar panel backing. Mine where to flexible for any frame around the edge.
  • Options
    I was thinking the same thing. I might have to add a cross-member; will test it out and see. 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    So close!

I had some custom plates made up that are ready on Monday, will post pics once I get them.
    Post edited by YYZRC on
  • Options
    I removed the speaker and snapped these pics of the arch mount bolts. I think I can do the re and re through the speaker hole with a wobble joint on the ratchet. 

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .....and bigger backing plates bedded in 3M or Sikaflex to spread the load.
  • Options
    Why @Michael T ? You don’t think those scraps of aluminum are adequate??  :D
  • Options
    @YYZRC probably because I worry too much. I'll try to find some pictures I took of the inside of the arch on my 2016 EC 360, although that was quite a while ago I believe there were full length and width backing plates. There is a lot of torque generated by that big top. I would put as wide and as long a plate as I could in there. A friend did a similar install years ago and he glued a dowel to a plate to hold it in position while he maneuvered it and had drilled slightly larger holes to install it then used washers and nuts. It was very firm and never cracked the gel coat. 
  • Options
    I used a 3/8  aluminum to made a back plate for the installation of the new top
  • Options
    Those pics would be really helpful @Michael T - hopefully you can locate them!
  • Options
    @oscar1..... yes 3/8 aluminum was what my friend used. I am not sure what was on my factory install but I believe it was a 3//8 as well. 

@YYZRC.....I will take definitely take a look back at old camera data cards and hope the pics (6 years ago) haven't been overwritten.
  • Options
    @Michael T was it the hardtop retrofit for @jabury that you are referring to?
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    New thermostats in today.

@aero3113 what thermostat kit parts did you have left over? I had two gaskets and a rubber o ring. 

Also, do you have any pics of where the blue drain plugs go? I have one left over per engine!
    Post edited by YYZRC on
  • Options
    @YYZRC I don’t think I have any pics.

1 on the thermostat housing
    1 on the cool fuel module
    1 on the distribution tube
    2 on the raw water pump 

Am I missing any? There are quick disconnects for the lower block drains but that drains out the distribution tube plug.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    I bet it was one of the raw water pump that I missed! Thanks!
  • Options
    👍🏻
    2008 330EC
  • Options
     How offend thermostat should be replace? Do you replace thermostat  as maintenance item? , I ask because I was looking in my tech manual for Mercruiser engine and the book said that thermostat should be replaces only with a fail to maintain set temp inside the engine. Then I ask my mechanic and he told me the same about it.
  • Options
    When I winterized the boat, I removed the thermostats so that I could circulate the antifreeze through the block without having to warm the boat up first.  The thermostats (and especially the plastic sleeves) were in pretty rough shape after 12 years of raw water exposure so I replaced everything.  It was only about $100 in total.  

If I had closed cooling as I believe you do @oscar1 I wouldn't worry about them until they fail.
  • Options
    Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    Changed mine yesterday as well
    Starboard had had automotive gasket with no continuity rivets and port side look original from 2003. What a hack owned this boat before me🤮