Ring Camera Saved The Day

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only evidence they left! Some spilt soda! 😅

2008 330EC
  • Options
    cls10105cls10105 Member Posts: 352 ✭✭
    lucky you had the camera. Today people are just mean and like to break stuff for no reason.
    cruising on 6. tw0s
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see your latch is still in working order 😉
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Here you go @TonyG13

2008 330EC
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! For some reason I knew you'd have pics!  :)
  • Options
    oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 745 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Aqua_Aura said:
    I see your latch is still in working order 😉
    Second one this season 🙄. I’m getting better though, LoL!!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a bunch of brats. I hope they caught them. No respect at all. Just trash.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    echandler1971echandler1971 Member Posts: 165 ✭✭
    Funny. We use the same angle. I also have one in the engine room but not for security - to monitor bilge and engines. It did catch me going down there though as
    you can see 😃
    Dan of Steel
    '05 Rinker 360 Fiesta Vee
  • Options
  • Options
    I was at the boat today cleaning and I saw two police cars in the marina parking lot. I walked over to them and informed them about what happened. They said they will pass the info along and keep an eye out. I also sent the video to the town and they got back to me pretty quickly saying they forwarded the video to the Parks Department and the Docks and Marina Supervisor.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ordered a Ring Indoor cam as it is USB powered. Will report back once I get it wired up!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    Rando:  a person one does not know, especially one regarded as odd, suspicious, or engaging in socially inappropriate behavior.
  • Options
    I showed the video to our slip neighbor that’s behind us. He recognized him right away. He said he saw him on the ferry last year and he was being an **** then. He got off the ferry and his father was picking him up. Our slip neighbor talked to the father to tell him what was going on. Said his father was no good also 🙄.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    Scare them.  When I was that age, and equally dumb and ignorant, I got face-slapped at exactly the right time.  It's probably the reason I survived adolescence.  
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    Rando:  a person one does not know, especially one regarded as odd, suspicious, or engaging in socially inappropriate behavior.
    Sounds just like me! LoL 😂
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don’t have kids so I really try to be respectful of how hard it is to raise them these days with technology, covid, etc. But I do find that around our marina (which is huge, 800 boats, trailer park, dozens of homes on the water) the dumb kids often have dumber parents who are usually not around, or staring at their own devices (utube video, speakerphone or loud face time in public like a moron) not far away. It’s remarkable. My dad was just saying he sees the same at his yacht club only the cycle includes the mandatory purchase of a Jeep at age 16  :D
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Crazy. How do they afford a boat + slip +++ ?!
  • Options
    One of my marina friends just installed the same set up I have in his Formula. I told him last year about it. When he saw my video he bought it! LoL!

2008 330EC
  • Options
    You can see my 330

2008 330EC
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Unbelievable. I didn't realize there was audio until the second playback. The bravado disappeared pretty quick once you spoke.  Good one aero!
  • Options
    I got mine up and running this afternoon!

• Options
    Awesome @YYZRC !!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Since your video it made me look for something more reliable than the repurposed iPhone I have been using, can’t handle the heat. Saw a Blink $40 off on Amazon Prime Day and decided to go that route - no ongoing fees, has alerts and after the free 30 days cloud storage can use a USB stick plugged in for recording storage. Set it up today and seems to work fine. (The new wifi system I just installed at the club helps….)

Post edited by Ian on

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    aero3113 said:
    Here you go @TonyG13

What are the specifics on that antenna?
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Here you go @DanD2 , doesn’t look like it’s available now. I do know my marina mate was able to get one a week or two ago.

ALFA Network WiFi CampPro 2v2 (Version 2) Universal WiFi/Internet Range Extender Kit for Caravan/Motorhome, Boat, RV https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086D645P1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_1M60R84CZ5CKGGPQQD9F
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    My wife was able to get every kids name that was on our boat from a coworker. She said that the boy is known to steal things off of boats. I’m hoping that the video is out there from the coworkers son and they will now be walking around looking over their shoulders. 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    I wonder if you could file an official trespass complaint with local PD and get the kid banned from the docks.
  • Options
    I just rewatched the vid and noticed that the kid tried to open your companionway door.  You must keep it locked?
  • Options
    TonyG13 said:
    I wonder if you could file an official trespass complaint with local PD and get the kid banned from the docks.
    If damage was done or something was stolen, I would go further with it.

My marina neighbor who lives in the town the kids are from posted this message on the town Facebook site. He didn’t post the video.

“Last Saturday at corey beach marina 6 high school kids from BBBP (1 boy and 5 girls) were caught on video going on boats. These boats are personal property, they can be very dangerous if not carefully boarded and unboarded. Boat owners spend hard earned money to have these boats and do not appreciate kids boarding to hang out, make mess or steal things off them. First of all we do not want any kids getting hurt and second getting in trouble for boarding someones personal property. Anyone with kids that might be down at corey beach just remind them to stay off the boats. Its unsafe and its disrespectful to be on them without permission.”
    2008 330EC