Sad Time of Year

Comments

• IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    We have to be through into the Hudson before the 6th with the canal closing.  

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    After I replace the cracked water distributor housing on the starboard engine. Lifted hatch to check another issue and the long there brown stain under this was not wet and larger as the admiral pointed out. Blue plug dripping, pulled out and put back in and dripping still but I suspect the housing here has been cracked awhile as it then popped as I tightened the plug. Bugger. At least I can address now versus on the ride down.

Order and replace this week then run her up and see if I can see where I also appear to be losing gear fluid.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Made it out fishing this weekend and the water was great and the weather was great. Couple more weeks to enjoy the boat.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm way more North than most of you and don't plan on packing it in for at least another month. Camper Top and a jacket. 
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    91 degrees, this week end, when't fishing.  
    Boat Name : 

• bella-vitabella-vita Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    Not pulling till November marina I bring it to pulls and puts it in heated storage 
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Sure was a beautiful weekend!  Gonna be mid 80's this coming weekend too!  I'll keep enjoying it, but I am going to change the oil in the engines and drives soon, just to be better prepared.  I am usually happy to be done by end of October.  I enjoy the cozy fireplace in late fall (November) with boat all covered on her lift & no worries.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm trying to get mine buffed out before the holidays and hopefully get some use in the cooler months ahead...well at least tow of them..
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Hopped on a flight to CT on Friday, spent all day Saturday and most of the day Sunday on friends boats...

After moving to FL it was nice to feel that warm, but cool air up on Long Island sound... got back to FL early this morning (1am, thanks jetblue for delaying the flight 7 times)... something has changed over the weekend, it wasn't blistering hot anymore. Can't wait to see what winter is like!!
    Where your at, you might have already seen it! I have lived in central Fl most of my life...a few years in ND and then a few in the Middle East and then back to FL late teens....Oct. we might have a cool front or two start to make it's way. It was 67 this am around 5 when I did my walking...last week it was still 75. The humidity is the biggest change and the temps will be high 70's to mid 8os through the rest of the year with a couple of cold snaps. January/February can get pretty cold- can see freezing temps for extended times or not see anything at all. March, well it's spring break time, weather starts to warm some but can still have cold snaps and after that, it's summer again.
    That's a FL winter.
  • PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Yesterday was the first day of fall, was in the 90s.  The little lady is off all weekend but sadly i wont be on the lake, race weekend in Charlotte. Ill be out again weekend after next.  

South Carolina winters can be snow Monday and Tuesday, in the 70s by Friday. 

The closer you get to the coast the more often the 70 degree days you get during the winter.  
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gees look at the size of the platfrom its like a dance floor.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
    More pictures please! Beautiful!
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful, congratulations!!🍾 
    2008 330EC
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slick , first class, love the double swim platform, congrats
    Boat Name : 

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's still summer here in DC.  Last weekend, I spent 2 hours in the water on an inflatable.  And I need to have at least one hockey cruise to DC for a Capitals game.  
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Yes, beautiful here!  Gonna be mid 80's this coming weekend as well.  We've had many falls where we can still swim in the bay in October, this will be another one!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    That looks like a hydraulic form 
    White russuan, finally comes with a cup.  Wilson is a goon. Screw the caps.  Go Pens!
  • zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    My bro in law want to Sell
    his pristine 330 sea ray express and get a 540 dancer fly
  • GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful boat good luck with it 
  • craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    zaverin1 said:
    That looks like a hydraulic form 
    Yes its a Sealift single ram hydraulic platform with hidden pop up davits.  It drops about 2ft under the water.  It should make loading the dinghy so much easier.  And the wife happy to have her toes in the water while lounging out...  Also another service item to maintain but to me its worth it.
    Too early for hockey smack talk.  But ... soon!!
    My steelers and gamecocks suck this year, Pens hockey and their longest active NHL play-off streak are all that i have to hope for in the sports world.  Pens fans are a spoiled bunch when your team captain has 100 points, team has 100 points and a  rookie has 40 goals yet we consider it a failure of a season.  

Look for Jake to have 50 goals this season, rumor has it he's working the 1st PP.  
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    @PickleRick My Pat's looking good again this year. Best part about that is that it drives Handy nutz..... Love it....... Bahahahahahaha BTW early year for me this year. Been on the hard since the end of Aug. Just like the title of the thread SAD :(
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    I dislike the pats, i dislike Clemson University even more.  Above all, i hate winter.   Just trying to stay on topic in this thread.  For the record i do really hate winter
  • boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 797 ✭✭✭
    Pats have the easiest schedule in the NFL the first 8 games. If they don't start 8-0 then it is a failure. But my Steelers are done already sooooo
    The NHL is the only redeeming factor of the STSNBN (Season That Shall Not Be Named).
    If you thought flyers and eagles fans were bad you need to meet the Clemson fans