Options

270 Fiesta Vee Cherry wood steps For Sale ***SOLD***

Comments

• Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    gack said:
    Can't wait to install mine.  when is this snow gonna stop!!
        7/16 socket/ratchet and six nuts on each step... should take about 10 minutes. I still have to install a set in my boat and do the whole floor as well!! 
        It was real nice to meet you George, I'm sure we'll run into each other again on the GSB. 

• Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    Its a production line operation. Now with just a little automation.....X-Y-Z axis computer controlled router tables have become very affordable. This could be a profitable venture!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Its a production line operation. Now with just a little automation.....X-Y-Z axis computer controlled router tables have become very affordable. This could be a profitable venture!
    Lol... You can also order Happy Meals from a kiosk at McDonald's now, but I much prefer to deal with humans. 
        I don't think I could ever recoup the money that would need to be spent to automate the process.... Templates, jigs, time, some patience and a nice handcrafted finished product is good enough for me. 
        .... BUT, an automated process would definitely cut down on the "honey are you going to spend time with me"....  "C'mon dad!!!"... "Come in the house!!!"  LMAO!!!
    Post edited by diggin2day1 on
  • Options
    jimzimmjimzimm Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Would a paper pattern for the 342 steps work? My boat is home and I can remove the steps and trace around them, and mark mount bolt locations. FYI I still have short nap carpet on the steps though.
  • Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    I SO wish I hadn't got in a rush and bought the one from GLS......They are nice, but have no studs, so going to have to screw around and install inserts
    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • Options
    jimzimm said:
    Would a paper pattern for the 342 steps work? My boat is home and I can remove the steps and trace around them, and mark mount bolt locations. FYI I still have short nap carpet on the steps though.
    Just messaged you
  • Options
    I SO wish I hadn't got in a rush and bought the one from GLS......They are nice, but have no studs, so going to have to screw around and install inserts
    I don't think you'll have a problem... lay the steps on the mount in position and hold them with a clamp. Pencil in the holes from underneath.... buy those threaded inserts(maybe from woodcraft? Or do web search) just be sure to use stainless. The factory mounting studs are 1/4" so be sure to get a big enough insert.... they'll be fine!!
  • Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    prob be fine....but yours look better and would have been easier! lol
    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • Options
    prob be fine....but yours look better and would have been easier! lol
    Thank you, truly appreciate that. 
  • Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    most sweeet---it brings the whole cabin together
    question on some later 270's the ac vent is on the top step
    still compatible 
  • Options
    Two sets of steps shipped out this morning... (2) sets left. 
  • Options
    Make that 3 shipped, 1 set left...
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Production increases its time for price to decrease.
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Via ups, from your house to mine is always overnight. Will be interesting to see if they make it here tomorrow. Was just on my boat today looking at the super ugly carpet stairs.. can't wait to say goodbye to them. 
  • Options
    J3ff said:
    Via ups, from your house to mine is always overnight. Will be interesting to see if they make it here tomorrow. Was just on my boat today looking at the super ugly carpet stairs.. can't wait to say goodbye to them. 
    Yes, UPS guy said that they should arrive tomorrow.... weather permitting!!!! 
  • Options
    Captain_AwesomeCaptain_Awesome Member Posts: 10
    How about steps for a 300 FV? Would love to support an eskimo boat brother. I could send my existing steps if you can do quick turn around. 
  • Options
    How about steps for a 300 FV? Would love to support an eskimo boat brother. I could send my existing steps if you can do quick turn around. 
    Messaging you now... 
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ups not working today j3ff.3/14,you will get tomorrow.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    smvorca350zsmvorca350z Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Great looking steps & table! I'd love to get the steps, but my two labs would ruin them in a weekend  ;)
  • Options
    I'm out to fly south at 8am! oh well. 
  • Options
    J3ff said:
    Crap!! Anyone there to intercept?!
  • Options
    J3ff said:
    Crap!! Anyone there to intercept?!
    Yup, no worries, will have a few people here all week. :) 
  • Options
    Bad day in the shop today... Working on some more steps and some other cool ideas and one of my new Freud router bits exploded on me. Had to revert back to an older bit then my router decided to explode as well. I ordered a new router bit and a new router too. overall a nice $450 day. Ugh
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That cherry is some hard stuff.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    There goes the price of the steps............... Just kidding........LOL
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    It was inevitable.... I have been using my Porter Cable mounted in the table and as a handheld plunge router. Was getting to be a real hassle with numerous bit changes, mounted, handheld, etc. After over 20 years of service I think she needed a little help. So I ordered a 3.25hp Triton for the table mount(arrives tomorrow), bought a brand new Porter Cable last night and I ordered the parts to repair Old Faithful. If i am going to be spending that much time in the wood shop, I should work smarter and not harder. 
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    It was like Christmas at my house today... a nice set of FV342 steps arrived for me to make templates AND a nice new 3 1/4hp Triton router(to make those templates with!!).... STAY TUNED, some nice cherry FV342 steps coming soon!!!
  • Options
    He didn't even take the carpet off for you. Wow!
  • Options
    Put me down for a set but unfinished if you don't mind
  • Options
    welliswellis Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    diggin2day1 Beautiful steps! I'd like to get a set, but too many other projects....may have to postpone for a bit.