reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    116 GPH I'm out!! 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Ye that’s lil crazy
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    116 gph, that much gas will last me a long time. Not an hour.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    For the same 0.43 mpg, you could have 60-footer going 25 mph.  Four times as much deck space, but only half the speed so you'd have to leave earlier.  
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    We couldn’t believe it either. The sales guy basically said it’s for the rich dude that leaves the marina,  bombs out somewhere, anchors for the day with tropheybwife and brats swimming and then bombs back. A show boat. 

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Rinker EC 360 burned about 25 gph of 91 octane at low cruise.....you wanna play you gotta pay! :-) Round trip 6 day cruise would be around $3K  It is what it is. 
  • Options
    A cruiser you spend a week on - no issue with that. But a $768k bowrider?

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    .....sign of the times..... marina and cottage play toys. The local dealer can't keep 300K wakeboard boats in stock and that's just what parents are buying for their teenage kids to "keep them at the cottage for a weekend".
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    zaverin1 said:
    You know over the years I really do believe in one rule
    no replacement for displacement but with boats there is more to account for
    i am talking about layout stern or ins and obviously the hull design.

i have been on single engine boats that can jump on plane with 8 people and boogie and on twin screws that’s had trouble getting out of its shadow.

342 with 350 fuel injected engines would be a good 4 person boat. I believe with it loaded it would struggle to get and maintain plane unless barried.

i actually looked at one local here and it had 350s but what drove me away is it needed a full canvas and one drive replaced. Let me just tell you it was a good deal
    but I knew it was a party barge that was beat on. So I passed even at 45k

my old 280 Rinker had twin 4.3 lx carved engines.

i thought to myself man I should of went with a boat that had twin 8s. 

Twin 6 Rinker impressed me actually. Boat was in ideal condition I would actually say mint but it would get up and go with 9 adults and proper gear and such.
    never had issue getting on plane besides one time I had 8 people and boat sat unused for two weeks or longer. So first time out it had to climb to knock all the dust off lol

i always spread the weight on the boat. That was either done with gear, coolers or people.

i actually was little sad when I sold her but it was sold to a young couple with a kid and house on the water. It went to a good home that really takes care of her and she sits on a lift!

342 is a large boat and needs hp and torque to get her going. I actually looked at Stodge’s 342 and man did I like it. He is like me and really keeps it too notch.

me and my wife have little kids and hoping for one more so my boating will be delayed by few years which is financially good lol

over my 15 years of being a boat owner and 10 in the marina scene I can tell you that I finally know what I want. I am
    not saying I am attached to a certain brand but Rinker is on my short list for sure.

i want 35 or longer but nothing over 40
    sterndrive or ins are ok

main thing is generator and needs to have a mid cabin and big engines.
    That way I know I have the power to burn less fuel when cruising but yet have enough reserve to get out and about with a crowd.

i mean most boats are stern heavy anyway so full tab is always needed with a heavy load in my opinion.
    once on plane tabs can be sucked in and leveled.

Thanks for the kind words. :)

I had the same era 280 and she was great.  But we wanted to travel around Huron and I felt better having more fiberglass under me in "big" water.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Oh ye for sure 
    and for ya going forward I need things like bigger cabin and gen.
    obviously larger and wider boat is the way to go.

i just don’t see myself going over 40
    i still like my bays and I know lsc wwater level will drop lol
  • Options
  • Options
    WildboatingWildboating Member Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    I was having the exact same problems, I could not get the boat up on plane with 10 or more adults.  Add in full fuel and she just didn't have it with 8 people on board.  The solution.... bigger boat and diesels.   I have no problems getting it up anymore...haha
    2003 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee, 350 Mag MPI, Bravo 3 2.20:1 w/ 22p 4 x4 props

• Options
    I have no problems getting it up anymore...haha
    Can't say I've experienced that problem  ;)

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    icoultha said:
    We couldn’t believe it either. The sales guy basically said it’s for the rich dude that leaves the marina,  bombs out somewhere, anchors for the day with tropheybwife and brats swimming and then bombs back. A show boat. 
    Sounds not too bad of a time......#trophywife..........lol
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just remember a ‘yacht certified’ boat from the US Coast Guard has a recommended 1 person per 3’ of boat length. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI